Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Britain launching global superbug fight

News Bandit

LONDON - Britain is to lead a global effort to combat antibiotic-resistant superbugs that threaten to knock medicine "back into the dark ages," Prime Minister David Cameron said Wednesday.

View the full article

For a start, they could tell their tourists and expats to Thailand to stop popping antibiotics like it was candy, self medicating with powerful drugs as if there was no tomorrow.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

For a start, they could tell their tourists and expats to Thailand to stop popping antibiotics like it was candy, self medicating with powerful drugs as if there was no tomorrow.

Good luck with that :) We're talking about a group of guys that are happy for their cock to venture where a million others have been, to suck carcinogens and tar into their lungs, to consume vast quantities of Liquid downers that are carcinogenic (alcohol), ride a scooter through an adventure course while intoxicated and self prescribe endless ED meds. Risk evaluation is for pussies :).

If they do more than pay lip service I applaud them.  And we do have a real problem with the lack of new types of antibiotics to fight resistant strains.  However, I believe the real solution to new antibiotic strains is simple.  Stop screwing companies out of PROFITS when they develop a new drug.  It is the most powerful motivator going and usually beats good intentions.  Allow them to OWN the results of their research long enough to score financially.

Wrong Fatjack.

http://www.amazon.com/The-800-Million-Pill-behind/product-reviews/0520239458

The most and richest vein of 'discoveries' came when 'co-operation' was the norm. All this IP and obscene patent stretching has caused islands of talent and sweet f all co-operation (other than price collusion/fixing and not paying taxes via Irish tax haven).

Some lines of research and PhDs are like 'No, Big pharma company X' has wall to wall patents all over that area - go find an area without coverage. The rot started exactly 26 years ago.

Secondly, by keeping prices high, globally, the poor regions take lower doses that allow bugs to develop resistance.

Yes, those who must die because they cant afford it, are really doing a good job that will help the global economy.

Extracting monopoly profits caused this resistance in the first place

India has a super bug that gives other bugs superman immunity. And through botched kidney transplants to rich middle-easterners and others, spread this everywhere.

In short, it IS a global emergency, and it IS killing more than any possible hijack. Nope, airline security is a misdirection of national interests. If you get an infected leg in India, Amputation will be the likely cure.

To anyone on this board, you have options. Through Alibaba there are industrial chemists who will custom make any compound

and I mean any (mostly China). I think there is one anticancer injection that costs usd 20K PER one injection, with a 1 in 10 chance it will work. Sadly, others stretch boundaries.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive/article-1267582/The-Chinese-laboratories-scientists-work-new-meow-meow.html

In short, free open competition is the solution, and first to market (not a-z patent) deserves to win. And if the big drug companies don't come to the party, many of us will find importing a DIY make anything drug lab a good investment as prices drop.

Disagree 100% smartbuy.  With the cost of developing new drugs and issues getting them approved for use there must be a profit or companies will not spend the capital to develop them.  And since MOST development paths result in failures the few hits have to produce significant profit to cover for the losses.  Simple economics.  

If they do more than pay lip service I applaud them.  And we do have a real problem with the lack of new types of antibiotics to fight resistant strains.  However, I believe the real solution to new antibiotic strains is simple.  Stop screwing companies out of PROFITS when they develop a new drug.  It is the most powerful motivator going and usually beats good intentions.  Allow them to OWN the results of their research long enough to score financially.

The big companies are much happier to develop drugs for chronic conditions. They then have long-term customers. Short duration medications (such as antibiotics) don't generate the same level of profits. Obviously giving them longer copyright periods would help but a balance between the common good of all people and profits needs to be struck.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

The big companies are much happier to develop drugs for chronic conditions. They then have long-term customers. Short duration medications (such as antibiotics) don't generate the same level of profits. Obviously giving them longer copyright periods would help but a balance between the common good of all people and profits needs to be struck.

Absolutely.  Drugs for stiff dicks and hair growth make a lot more money than cures for diseases.  

If Britain, or some other nation state(s) pool money and hire the best talent (note this means paying better than a living wage) to develop new antibiotics I'm all for it.  The proof will be in the results or lack of.

Failing that the system must financially reward the private sector for new developments or we won't see them.

I don't know where you get your information, I do not believe we are a nation of self medicating antibiotic popping idiots. 

I would also advise against anybody listening to our prime-minister, he has a habit of putting his foot in his mouth, as with other treads the drug companies plough umpteen billions into finding the best best drugs, This research and development costs mega money,  they should be allowed to have extended sole rights, they should also develop a conscience, and provide assistance to poorer countries where it is needed. If we can afford the higher costs to benefit others, so be it.  

To be fair there are 100's of fools from all nationalities on here and FB who are totally into self medication to the point where I have seen post on here about guys taking a course of anti bio's 'just in case'..........

Archived