IGNORED

House we are building in Roiet

AlantheBuilder

This is a larger version of two houses we have already built .

It's big .

hy7e3yvy.jpg

yqu2u8ys.jpgnu8a6ety.jpg

Jumbo red brick cavaty walls , 6mm laminated glass windows , 80 cm by 80 cm granito floor tiles BIG , hard wood window sills and build in shelving .

Loft lagging insulation , back up genarator and out door BBQ area .

Driveway and 400 mt long garden wall .

Dual 6 inch bore hole and government water supply with filler system .

Two carport and lock up room .

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice...  Can you give us an idea of costs?  My future wife and I will be building on 5 rai she has in Koen Khan and starting to plan prices etc.

Wow, that is a big house!  Looking forward to the updates.

beautiful!  I just went up country for the first time with my little teelak, was in the Loei district... she kept pointing out all the falang homes...

there were some beauties too... and several under construction... and I was out in the boonies...

will be curious to see the info you provide, thanks!

Alan looks good, properly built, roof looks good, quality materials

.Hope it all goes well its never easy to build houses up country

Not keen on big houses. built one in Philippines too much too clean and keep cool.

Looks great...i'll bookmark this thread for end results. Thxs for sharing! :Grin3:

Alan, was the girder roof truss shop or field fabricated based upon specific imposed loads, which are house specific?  I have always wondered if the engineering done on homes and light commercial buildings in Thailand is project specific or generic.  

Really looking forward to seeing the progress!

Looks like a very well built house. How high are the ceilings? Are high ceilings common in thailand?

12 Pints in Know it all

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The house looks awesome.

That is some seriously heavy duty steel in the roof. I have never seen so much steel in a roof truss. Is there are reason for so much steel?

12 Pints in Know it all

Hi Allan,

The house look magnificent, looks A1 quality.

Can you tell me

1. Is the floor/slab off the ground I have not seen that before,if so why is that?
  2. I notice that there are cement/concrete beams in-between the brickwork, why is that, can't they just continue the brickwork from floor to ceiling
  3. I also notice the cement/concrete around the window is this because it is stronger to fix window treatments to.

Looking forward to seeing the finished build.

Floor slab is better a little higher off the ground this house is three steps high .

We have build one step before but higher is safest from water flood and snakes and things .

The concrete beams hold the roof up and the cross beams add strength to the building and support the bricks above the window .

Thanks now guys

I'm looking forward to the end result....should turn out very nice indeed! :Grin3:

The house is topnotch..............................................But you're lady will spending some time cleaning it.

Archived