IGNORED

Where to rent a motorbike?

Troy

Guys,

now after several trips to Pty and as I always rent a motorbike, I still takes me along time to get across a place they have good bikes.

Normally, they are all gone through hell and back.

So does any of you guys have a place you always rent from ?

Im now talking about bikes from 600ccm and up.

Edited by Alleycat

What bike are you after, I got a Phantom its in good condition but not powerful enough for most.

The last times I have rented a R1, however I think next time I go I will rent a 600 of some sort. Not sure which brand, to be perfectly honest it does not have to be that powerful. I ride to Rayong or Chon Buri sometimes so maybe I should rent a Touring bike...

The best I have found so far, is the one over in Soi 14 or 15, where they have so many bikes and a few gogos up the soi.

I rented the same 1000cc fireblade because I trusted it, and for only 300 baht a day, because it was for a month at a time and it was an old one, maybe 6 years old.

This was from the front of mike shopping mall, I wouldnt rent any sports bike below 1000 cc unless they are brand new. simply because i have noticed that the 400cc-600cc old ones were totally shite, i.e going round a corner and the front wheel starts whobling, or the brakes being so crap.

• 8 months later...

hmmm a 600 ccm sports bike shouldn't have (much) worse brakes then a 1000 ccm one...

I have been thinking about renting a Kawasaki Ninja ZX9R last year... on Phangan... the only sports bike I have seen there so far :) but in the end I was too scared because of the missing insurance... I mean I have an own supersports bike at home and better tracks nearby... the only thing I would have done it for was to feel good and look nice :Agree1:

I like to rent all my stuff, bikes and cars from Cherry rentals on beach road between Soi's 7 and 8.. Good place fair price and I have never had a problem with the equiptment

Next trip May 2012

hi,

a good place for rent a big bike is on the beachroad but i´m not sure the soi. it is the soi where is pizza hut.

go there nice guys.

hi,

a good place for rent a big bike is on the beachroad but i´m not sure the soi. it is the soi where is pizza hut.

go there nice guys.

Suggest you avoid that place. There have been several negative reports about it.

i will be looking for scooter rental, staying at diana inn, all the fotos show there is a few nearby

any feedback as to if they are shonky?

and an approximate price, is it around 200bht a day?

thanks

hmmm a 600 ccm sports bike shouldn't have (much) worse brakes then a 1000 ccm one...

Its probably just that the smaller bikes get rented out a lot more often, and more often to less experienced riders. I don't think the gear is any worse, 600s are usually kitted out just fine. Just a guess.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enoughâ€

“If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?â€

Albert Einstein

R1 was 800-1000bt day last year depending on bargaining skills and year of the bike.

For Scooters try Maynee on the corner of soi Diana/boukhao, nice clean bikes

or you could rent a CheaP deathtrap from the next soi...

i will be looking for scooter rental, staying at diana inn, all the fotos show there is a few nearby

any feedback as to if they are shonky?

and an approximate price, is it around 200bht a day?

thanks

150B a day at Tonypat:http://www.motorbike-for-rent.com/

Motor bikes fully insured (rare in Pattaya)

• 1 month later...

Next to Royal garden Plaza theres a guy I go too rents big CB13's for 500 baht a day... good clean bikes and ive never been ripped off

R1 was 800-1000bt day last year depending on bargaining skills and year of the bike.

For scooters try Maynee on the corner of soi Diana/boukhao, nice clean bikes

or you could rent a CheaP deathtrap from the next soi...

How old are the R1's for rent in Pattaya? In Phuket there was a 2007 model and the guy wanted 3000 Baht for it per day. This was Phuket though where all prices sre inflated!

COYS

• 8 years later...

Last year I was in Pattaya and rented a scooter from an English Guy who delivered the bike to me and had insurance and everything right.   It was a fair price.  I just cant remember his name and I hope that he reads this as I will be coming again in April....  Let me know if you read this...

I've just had a 3 month rental with KC bikes. Excellent service, excellent bike, excellent price.

22 hours ago, mbrunner said:

Last year I was in Pattaya and rented a scooter from an English Guy who delivered the bike to me and had insurance and everything right.   It was a fair price.  I just cant remember his name and I hope that he reads this as I will be coming again in April....  Let me know if you read this...

22 hours ago, overseas516 said:

Rented from the following for years. 

2 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

I've just had a 3 month rental with KC bikes. Excellent service, excellent bike, excellent price.

Its nine years since he needed the bike. I'm sure he has found one since then.

• Like 1

/Mike

1 hour ago, cyfruil said:

Its nine years since he needed the bike. I'm sure he has found one since then.

But the information may be helpful to other BMs who are looking to rent one....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kim Jong Il said:

On 11/03/2018 at 05:51, overseas516 said:

Rented from the following for years. 

Both these are great! 

• Like 1

Kessaya motorbikes - Mark

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

I’ve rented a couple of times from KC bike rentals, organised easily by email/txt always dropped off and collected from hotel, reasonable prices etc etc.

Organised one for my mate and he had a bump phoned Mike he came sorted all the 3rd party insurance etc had a bill for the bike repair within 3 hours.

So all in all well pleased with the service can’t fault him comes highly recommended.