IGNORED

Tourist sites near BKK and reliable guides

Tico

I just got done reading ag1717's post, Newbie goes to Thailand. I realized that I should explore the Bangkok area a bit and take a few photos to show the parents.

It looks like the most visited sites include Grand Palace, Wat Arun, Reclining Buddha at Wat Po. Are there any other places I should strive to see? This is my first trip to Thailand and I'm going to stay in Bangkok for 2 days and spend the remainder of my 2 week trip in Patts. It seems like by reading posts that it's the prudent thing to do.

Also, are there any tour guides that other BMs have used? I'm young and wouldn't mind having a tour guide who is vibrant and fun to be around. What type of prices should I be looking at for a full day of quick but fun touristic flare in and around Bangkok?

when i go to bangkok i only visit Nana plaza, patpong, soi cowboy etc etc.

cheers m8.

Visit My WebsiteSee you, when you see me, if you not want to see me, see for yourself.

What is the difference between the work that i do and a bucket full of shit?.........the bucket.

This is a feminist bookstore, there is no humor section.

Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people whom we dislike.

I've had bad luck with both my wives, the first left me and the second one didn't.

Question: What do you do with 365 used rubbers? Answer: make a tire and call it a GOOD YEAR.

Vimanmek mansion in Bkk is well worth a visit and there is a tour guide on site to show you round the place.

The Ancient City (Muang Boran) about 30 mins from Bangkok in Samut Prakan is one of the best tourist sites IMO. Any decent travel agent can set you up on a tour if you want to visit.

• 2 months later...

national museum, close to the grand Palace, is worth 50 bath entry ticket. They have free guided tours in english and the other languages run by the volunteers sevaral times per week.

check out the express boats on the river and the boats on the khlong seam seap - for 10-20 baht it's a great sighseeing tour

http://massagelondon.org massage therapy London thai centre

In addition to the historical sites, check out one of the big shopping centers such as Siam Paragon or MBK. I hate shopping, but they're great for food, people-watching, and seeing how modern Thais live. Also, the girls working and shopping are hotter than most you'll see in the gogos.

These malls are truly impressive in how large and modern they are. Much better than many shopping centers that we have in the States.

• 2 months later...

Just take the regular public river boat up to Nonthaburi. Very cheap and relaxing. Good views and nice food in Nonthaburi. COme back the same way.

A quick trip from BKK are the train rides to Ayuthaya or Nakon Pathom. Cheap and comfy, good food again. the respective sections have more details.

The snake show at the Red Cross is informative and impressive (found in any guidebook) and easy to get to (Sala Deng BTS or Silom MRT, then walk 200 meters).

The weekend market at Jatujak (BTS Morchit) is not bad.

Street food in China town is nice (walking distance from the main train station or the river boat pier). Restaurants are, however, extremely expensive even but western standards.

If you like old stuff, you need to leave the city as it is a relatively new place.

• 3 months later...

Aside from the aforementioned . . .

Night Market --

Jim Thompson house --

Victory Monument (close to uni as well so you can blend sightseeing with hottie watching)

Khao San Rd

A photo of your home country embassy might not be to bad

A river tour and dinner show