IGNORED

Best Guest House

globalexperiences

Always stayed at hotels but after reading some of the feedback here I am thinking of trying a guest house.

For me must have:

Balcony

In a good location

Please add why you recommend it.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.canterburytalescafe.com/

In a great location(100yards from LK), safe,clean and enough life on the soi to enjoy sitting on the balcony people watching, but quiet enough to be able to sleep well!

Bill

Chow soy, boomerang and that new one on soi honey looks good. Plenty good value options around soi buakhaow, LK Metro area.

My choice is the boomerang. The rooms are very good, a very reasonably priced bar and the owners are very good people. I cannot speak highly enough of this guesthouse and am looking forward to my stay there in October.

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

To be honest most people are creatures of habit, in all of my trips to Pattaya I have only stayed at the Chow Soy Guesthouse on Soi Chaiyapoon. I cant fault it in terms of price, location and amenities. haven't really given much thought to changing as I have always been satisfied throughout all of my trips. Dave the owner has always been excellent and understanding in getting back to me with my inquiries and changes in schedules.

Bill has mentioned the Canterbury Tales Guesthouse which is right across the road and the owner also named Dave (not same and different to Chow Soy) is a top guy. I have enjoyed many a great morning shooting the breeze with him and other expats over breakfast. From what I know Canterbury Tales has a loyal following of repeat customers and that also gives a positive indication of the location.

I have seen the posts about the Boomerang Guesthouse and it looks good and has also had positive reviews including the mention in this thread.

There is also the China Garden Guesthouse on Soi Lenkee among several others.

I am sure that after reading through a few threads and posts including trip reports, you can make up your own mind on what you would feel most comfortable with. In terms of price there may only be a 200 baht difference in the per night rates. This would depend on the location, the amenities and how new or newly renovated the location may be.

You will certainly find a good place to stay in the 600 - 800 baht range.

H

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers for the recommendations. Will do some research on these ones.

Chow soy, boomerang and that new one on soi honey looks good. Plenty good value options around soi buakhaow, lk metro area.

Thanks Craig. http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/235890-rooms-at-the-hunny-pot-soi-honey/ the link has plenty of photos of the rooms for you Global.

Blue Sky Group Ban Chang 0861415944 

https://www.facebook.com/Blue-Sky-Group-Ban-Chang-110095910415280

LA cerise guesthouse is good too. It is just before soi Buakow while you are walking through soi Diana in on the right hand side. A few meters away from China garden. It has beautiful rooms plus pool and fitness.

Archived