Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Student visa

fishdeamon

I'd like to stay here for 6 months or maybe more. I would also like to learn Thai, been trying to teach myself but I will need a real teacher. I have heard that its possible to get a student visa if I study Thai at a school. Is there any schools in Pattaya and is student visa guaranteed?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'd like to stay here for 6 months or maybe more. I would also like to learn Thai, been trying to teach myself but I will need a real teacher. I have heard that its possible to get a student visa if I study Thai at a school. Is there any schools in Pattaya and is student visa guaranteed?

I am in the same boat as you and Ken Bebbington ([email protected])from PLC(www.plcpattaya.com)was a huge help. Drop him an email and he can walk you through the process.

Good Luck,

CrabbMan

• 2 weeks later...

An ED Visa is the best option for staying long time in Thailand. Many types of visa's require that you leave the country every 3 months, to do what they call a visa run. Other types require that you have an amount of money on a Thai bank account that you cannot touch for 6 months.

The ED Visa doesn't have these requirements. Once you're in the country with an ED visa, you don't have to leave. You do your reporting and renewal of your visa in the local immigration office. Safes you lots of time and money.

How do you get an ED visa ? Simple, first you enlist in a language school. I choose Thai Walen. They are very professional and their system is also very effective. They have locations in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya and Phuket. The fee is 24.960 THB per year. That includes 180 hours of class and they take care of all the paperwork for your visa for free.

Once enlisted, they will send you the paperwork to you by express mail. You have take these documents to the Thai embassy in your country. They will stamp an ED visa in your passport. The visa has 2 dates on it, an issuing date and an activate before date. The activate before date is usually 1 year after the issuing date. You then have until the activation date to go to Thailand.

Upon arrival in Thailand they will clear you for 3 months. From that moment on you have to go to you local immigration office, every 3 months, with the documents that the school prepares for you.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

You do your reporting and renewal of your visa in the local immigration office. Safes you lots of time and money.

The fee is 24.960 THB per year. That includes 180 hours of class and they take care of all the paperwork for your visa for free.

So it costs over £500 for the ED Visa plus classes and you also have to pay when you report every 3 months (I think).

An Non Immigrant Visa costs about £110 including postage, then 3 visa runs at £50 a go, total £260.

An ED may be OK if you actually want to learn Thai, it may save you a bit of time, but as for being cheaper, sorry I don't buy that.

If you're from the UK, the Hull Consulate will give you an non-ED visa even for a 4 week CELTA (TEFL) course, as I found out when I rang them today; holding out for a non-B though. :Question:

If you just want to stay in LOS regardless, then a 1 year non-O based on visiting family & friends is your best bet. All you need to do is fill out a self-cert form with a Thai 'friend's' address on it. You then only need to one quick border run to Cambodia halfway through; costs about 2000B with a visa run company.

Personally I'd go with the 'O' & teach myself.

EDIT: For 25000B, I'll teach you Thai every Saturday for 6 months! :Teacher1:

Peace. :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by El Cata
sgu_banner.gif

So it costs over £500 for the ED Visa plus classes and you also have to pay when you report every 3 months (I think).

An Non Immigrant Visa costs about £110 including postage, then 3 visa runs at £50 a go, total £260.

An ED may be OK if you actually want to learn Thai, it may save you a bit of time, but as for being cheaper, sorry I don't buy that.

You are partially right , but not all is in the possibility to obtain a 1 year non immigrant visa ,while example me took a ed visa in my country 1 year multiple entry around 6500 in bath money n no demands for income strange but true, and now December ended it finishes .... but if i go a few days before for a visa run (witch i always do , no jomtien for me, thank you :rolleyes: ) and receive another 3 months , so in total 15 months Thailand with NO HASSLE :D

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

The visa has 2 dates on it, an issuing date and an activate before date. The activate before date is usually 1 year after the issuing date. You then have until the activation date to go to Thailand.

Am I right in thinking that the visa is only valid for 1 year after the ISSUING date, so that you must re-enter just before that date, in order to get 15 months out of it?

sgu_banner.gif

Am I right in thinking that the visa is only valid for 1 year after the ISSUING date, so that you must re-enter just before that date, in order to get 15 months out of it?

As it is an 1 year multiple entry visa you can go visa run before the end date from visa you should receive 89 days again to become 1( months total ,but i do not know about the extension from jomtien immigration , as i seems different a 1 year multiple ED visa or the 1 entry E visa with the extensions from immigration (no visa runs )

i can tell you for sure in 1é days as i go my last run then with my 1 year multiple entry ED visa

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !!