IGNORED

Good value GH in Chiangmai

sang som mick

Wild Orchid GH  ,right in the middle of Loi Kroh rd .

http://www.guesthousewildorchidchiangmai.com

Good restaurant opposite , bars virtually next door .

Owner and wife very good hosts and quick to sort out any problems i.e aircon stopped  working.

reported it went for breakfast and the engineer had it fixed when i got back.

Have really enjoyed my 10 days staying here .

Chang Mai is a waste of time, even the Loi Kroh area..

• 2 weeks later...

I had a great time there...amazing city...but not a place if only want p4p admittedly. I would put it below Samui for p4p...unless really into freelancers perhaps

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

• 2 weeks later...

Not at all in my experience . 

Like the change of pace , and will be there in september for 4 nights which suits me fine .

Mikeyboy

• 2 months later...

Going up there during my next trip, thanks for the hotel info.

"Only Thai Women Are Greater Than My Sexyness"

Thanks I am there in November and will see if I can get a room there. Do they have a room safe or somewhere to securely store passports and things?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

It been 10 months since this post was made but I'm going to take a chance and ask if anyone knows if the Wild Orchid is guest friendly.  I have walked down Loy Kroh probably a couple hundred times and have never noticed this place :).  I have heard of one guest house being girl friendly on Loy Kroh, but am not sure if it was this one.  I am unfamiliar with Tamarind Guest House or the Wangburapa Hotel--anyone know if they are guest friendly and cost in high and low season.  I agree with Piece Corp--the Raming Lodge is by far the nicest monger accommodation on Loy Kroh but if you're planning on staying there book well in advance as I've never been able to get a room there.

I've stayed at the Duangtawan Centara at corner of Loy Kroh and Kamphangdin.  It is about a 3.5 star hotel that looks nicer from the outside than it is inside. I got a discount rate of a thousand baht a night, which is about what it was worth. 

On my last trip to Chiang Mai beginning in March until April 25th, I was forced to stay at Royal Lanna.  Chiang Mai was PACKED with Chinese tourists and Royal Lanna was full of them and mosquitoes. I think I booked a room on Agoda for Baht 1400 a night and had to make a trip to Cambodia on business and to get another visa exemption.  The Royal Lanna was again the only place I could stay that didn't cost a fortune and I was given a thousand baht a night rate.  If you're in Chiang Mai during a busy time, and it is getting much more crowded during high season that it used to be, you can probably get a room at Royal Lanna, which is located across the street from where Thanon Loy Kroh ends. (on the same street but I believe it changes names). The location is fine but the hotel is filled with mosquitoes and I came home with more bites than any previous trip and got most of them in my room on the 7th and 8th floors.  I will definitely check out Wild Orchid and maybe someday will be lucky enough to land a room at Raming Lodge. :)

Agreed, raming lodge is the best in the area.

I only stay there when in CM

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Nice Mum lodge is ok too. Cheap and clean. Never had a problem bringing girls back. Raming lodge us often full especially in high season.

• 3 weeks later...

Wild Orchid GH  ,right in the middle of Loi Kroh rd .

http://www.guesthousewildorchidchiangmai.com

Good restaurant opposite , bars virtually next door .

Owner and wife very good hosts and quick to sort out any problems i.e aircon stopped  working.

reported it went for breakfast and the engineer had it fixed when i got back.

Have really enjoyed my 10 days staying here .

i stayed at the wild orchid, it was mosquito infested and a shithole to boot.

Archived