IGNORED

Quick question

valleyboy

Not a lot

A Puritan is someone who is deathly afraid that someone, somewhere, is having fun.

less than 1p

Thats what i thought.I have signed up with a company called Verizon to make calls via windows live and that is the rate they say it is to call a Thai mobile.Is it fuck though.I seem to be paying way more than that!!

2007 03 14 11:09:46 UTC

rate> £0.066 call duration> 7 £0.465

2007 03 12 17:40:19 UTC

rate> £0.066 call duration> 13 £0.858

2007 03 12 17:39:17 UTC

rate> £0.066 call duration> 1 £0.066

2007 03 12 13:28:31 UTC

rate> £0.066 call duration> 4 £0.264

2007 03 11 16:24:04 UTC

rate> £0.066 call duration> 4 £0.264

2007 03 11 15:12:49 UTC

rate> £0.066 call duration> 13 £0.858

2007 03 10 03:53:19 UTC

rate> £0.066 call duration> 3 £0.198

Amount Used and Rate/Minute columns exclude VAT. To see a comparative VAT inclusive rate please view the Rate Table.

I can only hope that the table above makes some sense.It would not cut and paste exactly as it is laid out in my statement.

Edited by valleyboy

I've been using whitespiders method 2p per minute 08444626464 must use a land line here!

I've been using whitespiders method 2p per minute 08444626464 must use a land line here!

Are you also charged a little bit on top by your own phone supplier though? i am also signed up with a company called easy-dial that are quite cheap BUT i have to pay my own phone supplier as well.

don't know yet I'll wait for the bill although Andy said he used it all the time when hes in the uk

& is only charged 2p per min. There is a thread around somewhere!

Found it HERE

At the risk of sounding thick,how much is this?

£0.078

less than 1p

Sexy,

Sorry mate, but you are wrong. This is 7.8p per minute. Then there is probably VAT to add to the call cost as well, so it's not a cheap service IMO.

I use 0844 8612525 from Telesavers which advertises its service as being 1p a minute, but is only suitable from landlines.

There are deals for contract mobiles to be had, but the best offers are from UK landlines.

Sexy,

Sorry mate, but you are wrong. This is 7.8p per minute. Then there is probably VAT to add to the call cost as well, so it's not a cheap service IMO.

I use 0844 8612525 from Telesavers which advertises its service as being 1p a minute, but is only suitable from landlines.

There are deals for contract mobiles to be had, but the best offers are from UK landlines.

Just tried making a call with their number and i couldn't get through :Good_Job:

try the 08444626464 2p a min!

All is well.I tried it a second time and got through.BT will charge 5p for the connection,thereafter it is 1p a minute,so i'm quite pleased about that considering i call my lady every day.Thanks for the suggestions Dale and George.

I must be really think but me no understand. As George points out £0.078 is 7.8p. The rate they are charging you is £0.066 or 6.6p. I would say that the difference is the VAT. So it looks to me that they are charging you what they said they would.

BTW I have found a company that charges A2.5c or a little over 1p a minute to a Thai mobile.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

I must be really think but me no understand. As George points out £0.078 is 7.8p. The rate they are charging you is £0.066 or 6.6p. I would say that the difference is the VAT. So it looks to me that they are charging you what they said they would.

BTW I have found a company that charges A2.5c or a little over 1p a minute to a Thai mobile.

Please don't name the company or give anymore information about it. This information should be kept to yourself. Thank you for your time and consideration. :Chokdee3:

Please don't name the company or give anymore information about it. This information should be kept to yourself. Thank you for your time and consideration. :Chokdee3:

Here you go smart-arse: Calling a Thai mobile from Australia

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

Yes they are charging me what they said they would.7.8p is including the VAT.What pisses me off is the way it is writen.Why don't they just put 7.8p per minute.F******g w*****rs.

Excellent - They offer cards for many countries besides Australia. Unfortunately they charge 8¢ more than I am paying now for Canada and their terms and conditions are far different as well. The one I am using allows a single card recharge at any time and I always have the same pin number. I can also program 10 numbers for activated dialing which is slightly easier to call with than non-activated lines. They also offer payment through bank card with the 5 major Canadian banks as well as credit card payment. I can also use this plan for calling anywhere in the world not just Thailand. :Chokdee3:

JustDial.ca

I've also moved this thread and the one that you started to the Technical Issues section. :D

• 1 year later...
What is the best way of using a vodafone mobile in Thailand to call the UK

Is it a UK Vodafone? If it is don't do it as I am sure it will cost you an arm and a leg. Get a local SIM card.

What is the best way of using a vodafone mobile in Thailand to call the UK

Dial 0044 then the local code missing the 1st 0, then the number required, press dial and put it to your ear :10:

Is it a UK Vodafone? If it is don't do it as I am sure it will cost you an arm and a leg. Get a local SIM card.

Only joking with the 1st reply, Scumbags' advice is sound, works out at around £1 a minute on Vodafone (money grabbing thieving bastards)

Yes its UK Vodafone can you not go through the sevices listed above or is that just for landlines