IGNORED

FF as Default.

Billyboy294

FF as Default.

I like XP and want to keep on using it as long as possible because I use software that doesn’t work with Win 7.

However more and more websites are saying my IE 8 is not good enough and to upgrade my browser.

I want to use Firefox as my default browser and I have set it as Default ( and checked tell me if not). But everytime I go to a website I get a message “FF is not your default browser do you want to make it so” and I click Yes. But IE seems to be doing some hijacking here. How do I stop this.

At IE Programs it says ‘IE is the default browser’ with no apparent option to change this.

IE Default.jpg

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Maybe try and uninstall IE mate... 

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Many thanks for replies.

I seem to have solved it using the 'windows.micro' link above.

DOH!

I thought the 'FF' title meant that the thread was going to be about 'Farm Fresh'

Many thanks for replies.

I seem to have solved it using the 'windows.micro' link above.

I now  have another problem which seems linked to FF.

I  made  a FF shortcut to Youtube but now cannot 'Download  with  Realplay'. I tried to download Realplay Cloud which seems to be the latest version but cannot get past Step 1 "Save"

I did a system Restore to before i made FF the  Default Browser and it took me back  to IE8 again  but I can download again from Youtube etc. I have undone the restore because IE8 cannot deal with some websites such as banking.

So does the Realplay Downloader only work with IE.

Trying to think outside the square here but why don't you bite the bullet and go Win 7/8.1, and then use XP with VMplayer for that odd bit of software that needs it. i.e mount XP as a VM ? Going forward XP is getting harder and harder to support.

So does the Realplay Downloader only work with IE.

I doubt it. Consider trying the Google Chrome browser. I don't use IE for anything if there is an alternative. 

"PC system requirements for RealPlayer Cloud

What operating system and web browser do I need to use RealPlayer Cloud?

To use the desktop RealPlayer Cloud software, your system should meet the following requirements:

- Windows 7 or 8 (We are actively working on making it backward compatible to Windows XP.)

- Internet Explorer 9 or higher; Firefox 17 or higher; Chrome 23 or higher

The RealPlayer Cloud website will work with the above systems as well as on Windows XP and Vista, and Macintosh computers running Safari 5 or higher."

https://realnetworks.zendesk.com/entries/25903628-PC-system-requirements-for-RealPlayer-Cloud

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Realplay%20Cloud%20requirements

Archived