IGNORED

Pattaya golf in september

Man_08

Havent played in Thailand yet but will bring my clubs next holiday.

As it is my first time playing golf in Thailand I would like to have someone to show me the do´s and dont´s.

Pattaya sport club?

What courses?

Groups going?

I think golf is a social game and like to play with others.

Ok. English is not my first language but if i wrote in Swedish not many would understand.

Plenty of Bars sell golf Packages around town..They provide transport and everything to play at the many pristine golf courses in this area for a very reasonable price

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

Addition--Most Courses will be in Good Nick and super Green due to all the rain..Will not start to be played big time until Nov to Feb during Peak Hi season times..If you want to Rent clubs versus Carry them on a Plane Cost is in the 500 Baht Range for a full set of decent clubs...

No place on the Planet like Pattaya..Don't let your meat loaf

I agree it is a social game.  And Pattaya is perfect for that.  As mentioned above lots of bars organize outings and you can meet and eventually find the guys with the same mindset as yourself.  

I have seen signs outside bars, I usually stay in the Buakhow/Lenkee area and there is plenty.

Just hope there is something avaliable in the rainy season.

I will take my clubs with me, hard enaugh to play with ones Im familiar with.

Is membership in Pattaya sport club a good idea or just no big difference?

Anyone there in september who want to go for a round or three?

Ok. English is not my first language but if i wrote in Swedish not many would understand.

Good Idea to Join Pattaya Sports Club as money raised goes to worthy charity's

Great Place to Play Golf All Year Round

Join the Pattaya Sports club, will give you a list of what bars and days are played. I agree take your own clubs. I like Tropical Berts on Soi Six one, they will watch your clubs while you

visit Soi Six. The perfect day golf then on to Soi Six.

As others have said PSC should save you money and show who is playing where and when. If you go here http://www.pattayasports.org/golf/ and then click on one of the links on the lower right you can see what the discount is off the non PSC rates at each course.

Some courses you will get that rate just playing with a group but some do check the card. From memory it is only about 600 baht for a year and 2,400 for 6 years.

Current prices are June and depending on how quiet the low season gets there may even be some better deals in September.

Just played last week and if you're not too fussy about which courses there's some great deals to be had, via the PSC

Golf trips run 2/3 times week out of Ned Kelly bar, Soi Lengkee?, very professionally run, sociable and no need to be PSC member. Transport and club storage are provided.

Put your name on the lists in the bar a few days before and turn up for a brekkie on the day and introduce yourself, simples.

Golf trips run 2/3 times week out of Ned Kelly bar, Soi Lengkee?, very professionally run, sociable and no need to be PSC member. Transport and club storage are provided.

Put your name on the lists in the bar a few days before and turn up for a brekkie on the day and introduce yourself, simples.

"No need to be a PSC member", where moneys are donated to charities, you have numerous venues to play from, and prices are published for all members to see

OR still pay a membership, but where the money goes in the pocket of the individual !!

mmmm    tough decision, I don't think so !!

"No need to be a PSC member", where moneys are donated to charities, you have numerous venues to play from, and prices are published for all members to see

OR still pay a membership,  ( OF WHAT?)  but where the money goes in the pocket of the individual (who?) !!

mmmm    tough decision, I don't think so !!

Dont understand what you are trying to say here? Just stating the facts as they are, and the reply I recieved when I asked if I needed to be a PSC member.

As I understood, part of the payment was put aside for Charity, Orphanage? and not to pay for an office and staff to run it before going to charity.

Short and long of it is you do not need to be a PSC member if you are a holidaymaker looking to play a few rounds of golf during your 2 week holiday,no advantage, especially if you are going as an organised group out of a bar.

If you are an Expat and play your own golf with your mates etc, different kettle of fish, PSC would become worthwhile. IMHO.

HM

Dont understand what you are trying to say here? Just stating the facts as they are, and the reply I recieved when I asked if I needed to be a PSC member.

As I understood, part of the payment was put aside for Charity, Orphanage? and not to pay for an office and staff to run it before going to charity.

Short and long of it is you do not need to be a PSC member if you are a holidaymaker looking to play a few rounds of golf during your 2 week holiday,no advantage, especially if you are going as an organised group out of a bar.

If you are an Expat and play your own golf with your mates etc, different kettle of fish, PSC would become worthwhile. IMHO.

HM

I can't speak fro what he was trying to say.  I don't know.  But I am curious how a bar organizer would get the same rates as the PSC which has a large membership to give it leverage.  If he can great.  I am unfamiliar with the Ned Kelly bar.  

If not, it is possible that being a member of PSC is worthwhile.  It depends on how many rounds of golf you play and how much it saves you.  Might be worthwhile even playing with the Ned Kelly bar.  Again I don't know.  It might also be that low season he has some leverage and can match PSC rates at the courses.  Let us know when you play.

I can't speak fro what he was trying to say.  I don't know.  But I am curious how a bar organizer would get the same rates as the PSC which has a large membership to give it leverage.  If he can great.  I am unfamiliar with the Ned Kelly bar.  

If not, it is possible that being a member of PSC is worthwhile.  It depends on how many rounds of golf you play and how much it saves you.  Might be worthwhile even playing with the Ned Kelly bar.  Again I don't know.  It might also be that low season he has some leverage and can match PSC rates at the courses.  Let us know when you play.

My first post was in response to the opening post, OP was stay/ing Soi Lengkee, merely gave him a close option.

The Travellers Rest Golf Society is run out of Ned Kelly Bar (http://trgg.biz). Check the site out, Julys venues and dates are listed. I checked the site out and picked the courses I wanted to play and signed up.

Played some golf out of another bar, again, the venue and day suited. Also used a UK/Chang Mai based golf travel comp with an office on Pattaya Klang to book and provide golf at some of the more upmarket course that the

PSC societes tend to avoid, due to cost. Siam CC, Plantation, Laem Chabang (on a non sports day).etc.

Just checked the TRGS site, they do have a joining fee but we were not asked to pay it, as we were only playing 2 games with them.  

One thing I will say is that the golf with them is a little more professional, but no less enjoyable, than most. In order to win a prize, handicaps must verfiable, either within their system or a club/congu handicap.

Also remember PSC do offer reduced rates, but they are reduced farang rates, you are still paying more than the Thais would pay. 

HM

My first post was in response to the opening post, OP was stay/ing Soi Lengkee, merely gave him a close option.

The Travellers Rest Golf Society is run out of Ned Kelly Bar (http://trgg.biz). Check the site out, Julys venues and dates are listed. I checked the site out and picked the courses I wanted to play and signed up.

Played some golf out of another bar, again, the venue and day suited. Also used a UK/Chang Mai based golf travel comp with an office on Pattaya Klang to book and provide golf at some of the more upmarket course that the

PSC societes tend to avoid, due to cost. Siam CC, Plantation, Laem Chabang (on a non sports day).etc.

Just checked the TRGS site, they do have a joining fee but we were not asked to pay it, as we were only playing 2 games with them.  

One thing I will say is that the golf with them is a little more professional, but no less enjoyable, than most. In order to win a prize, handicaps must verfiable, either within their system or a club/congu handicap.

Also remember PSC do offer reduced rates, but they are reduced farang rates, you are still paying more than the Thais would pay. 

HM

Oh.  This is Fergus's group.  I didn't put two and two together cause they used to be located in LK Metro.  

I played with them once with a friend.  I can't remember if I was allowed in the comp or not as my only handicap is PSC and there is some friction between various groups in Pattaya with regards to handicaps.  That might be why I didn't go back.  I know PSC handicaps are not accepted by IPGC bars.    Pity since I was a founding member of IPGC and my handicap has been within 3 strokes of my old conga handicap for over 12 years.

Or maybe I was already too tied up with other places.  I remember I was part of a scramble comp and I was teamed with a good group including a thai lady golfer that was very good.  I'm pretty sure we either placed or won it so I certainly don't have any negative feelings towards the group.  I just can't recall all the specifics.  So many bars and I have so many friends running them.  Hard to keep track.

There seems to be some different choises.

I dont mind the charity att all but are not going to play much golf in Pattaya in th future i think. Or maybe I will and can apply for membership later.

I have been at Katay opposit to Opey the place before for breakfast when a group of golfer was there. Have also seen that Irish Rover has golfers.

Not sure about handicap in different clubs but I can play just for the fun of it.

There seems to be some different choises.

I dont mind the charity att all but are not going to play much golf in Pattaya in th future i think. Or maybe I will and can apply for membership later.

I have been at Katay opposit to Opey the place before for breakfast when a group of golfer was there. Have also seen that Irish Rover has golfers.

Not sure about handicap in different clubs but I can play just for the fun of it.

Yeah, there are a lot of choices now.  And figuring out what works for you is the ticket.

If you aren't going to be there a long time maybe not joining a group is the right call.  OTOH it might be that the kind of people you want to play golf with play out of a certain bar and in order to play with them you need to get the membership.  Personally, assuming you are going to play at least 5 times I wouldn't let a membership be the gating factor for me.   I'd do some research to find a bar with the right kind of atmosphere for me.  Some bars attract mostly higher handicappers who drink a lot and their scores aren't even counted.  Other bars have real comps every round and enforce golf rules religiously.   They play at different times of day and some play the cheaper courses while others the premium courses.  What you want to do matters a lot in which bar you play with.  Plus some places do a better job of matching people up in 4somes and providing rides and tee times.

I'd plan my golf around those needs before worrying about the cost of a PSC membership.   It's only about 500 baht or something.  Oops.  First time 900 baht.  Still if you end up playing with guys you aren't compatible with it would be a mistake.

Best of luck finding the right venue for your vacation.

Thanks.

I guess that I will take the first days just to walk around and see if I meet some nice golfers in a bar and go from there.

Trying to find players that play the game and have a good time. Im not looking for Pay and play type of courses but arent single hanicap myself.

I had the fortune to play a few ProAm in the past as I worked close to the swedish tour so I really like a good course, just as much a good company.

And you are right about the membership is not a real factor for me. It just a few beers in money.

Thanks.

I guess that I will take the first days just to walk around and see if I meet some nice golfers in a bar and go from there.

Trying to find players that play the game and have a good time. Im not looking for Pay and play type of courses but arent single hanicap myself.

I had the fortune to play a few ProAm in the past as I worked close to the swedish tour so I really like a good course, just as much a good company.

And you are right about the membership is not a real factor for me. It just a few beers in money.

Being a low handicap isn't important IMO.  Players personalities matter more.  Like, some guys saunter around a course and don't care if they take 5 hours to play.  Others become irritated if a player is that slow.   Most regular 4somes I am part of will play in under 4 hours given half a chance.  That ins't trying to set speed records it's just we have a synchronized system and keep moving.  But many of my playing partners have handicaps over 20 and they know how to keep up and have a good time.

From what I hear Fergus above runs a good show.  I play out of Golf Club, Lewinskis and Outback (which is out of town up Siam Country Club road).  I also hear good things about most groups so it's just falling in with a group and signing up.  Best bet is eating at a place and meeting some people and trying to get a 4some made the night before.  That way you don't get grouped with 4 total strangers to discover one of you has a bad habit of abusing caddies or not being able to play the game at all.

Thanks again Fatjack.

Good advices.

I will just try to find a bar and there talk to some golfers and see waht happens. Im a relaxed man and dont get angry but wont come back if I not like the company. Up to each and  every one... If you want to run a course, please do. If you want to make a day of your round up to you. I prefer a nice round about 4 hours and dont mind a beer or on the way.

But golf before beer, I can take 7-10 before im getting drunk so I dont play drunk but two or three in a round is ok. Even if some of my best rounds was doen after a good breakfast with Cava in Spain.

I have booked a room at Soi Buakhow near Diana/Lenkee and will go from there. I will have a bike during my stay so I can get to other bars too if I want.

I know the way up Soi Siam Country club (mostly because of a visit to La Guingette) and can take the bike up that way so I might try that.

Booking a round just a day before suits me, I wont take clothes for rain with me. A bar with roof is a much nicer place for a rainy day for me.

Archived