Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Keyboards for Notebooks

herds

Finally pulled my finger out and have started to learn to read and write in thai and have found its a lot easier that I anticipated, I want to be able to type in thai now on my notebook but don't have any thai letters.

Anyone know a decent place to get a replacement for a pretty standard Dell machine (6400), I've heard that you can get stickers which I don't really want as I can picture them peeling off in the heat or just getting muddled up.. but if worst comes to worse anyone know a good place to pick these up.

Edited by herds

I brought a plug in usb one for 1000 baht, its ideal..

cuz when it rains i can put it on me head and i dont get wet

The stick on ones last a long time if I remember cost about 60 baht

Al.

Thanks for the ideas, I use a notebook so I can't really use a full size keyboard along with it.

Think i'll go for some stickers if they're that cheap, I'll try and pick some up next time i'm in patts.

• 8 months later...

Hello,

i have a thai usb keyboard now (vista os on my pc) and was looking for a recommendation on how to set that up so i could toggle between thai and english. this is something i can do via the control panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Regional and Language options ?

Hello,

i have a thai usb keyboard now (vista os on my pc) and was looking for a recommendation on how to set that up so i could toggle between thai and english. this is something i can do via the control panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Regional and Language options ?

first install...

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/11/21/w...-download-link/

then it's a shortcut key to toggle languages

Cheking into the tip you gave me Herds. looks like i need Vista Ultmiate (i have Home Basic). i may upgrade. appreciate the reply

so with Vista Home Basic 32 bit > i would need to upgrade to

Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1 32-bit

once that has been completed > i would have the option to download the

Vista Ultimate x86 MUI Language Packs > Thai Language Pack

i guess one thing that is throwing me off is the MUI (x64 and x86)

x64 to be used with Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1 64-bit Upgrade (64 correlating with 64 makes sense)

x86 is to be used with 32 the Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1 32-bit Upgrade (86 correlating to 32, throws me off)

on the right track ?

surely that can't be right, you have to ultimate to have a different language package?

i'll have a check around.

it looks like you do have to have ultimate or enterprise, though:

http://www.froggie.sk/

It looks like a fairly easy process and will take less time, effort, money and worries than getting ultimate.

got info from 2 super contributers on the Toshiba forum

http://laptopforums.toshiba.com/tshb/

Section = satillite laptops > all other models

Subject = language - toggle btw 2 languages

# 1 - "The only consumer version of Vista that can change languages is Ultimate Edition. You would need to upgrade"

# 2 - You are seeing historical artifacts in the term "x86". It actually refers to the binary instruction set used in the original Itel CPUs that had part numbers ending in "86", such as 8086, 80286, 80386, etc. To be completely unambiguous, you would need to refer to x86-16 or x86-32 to differentiate between the 16-bit and 32-bit versions. However, since 16-bit instruction sets are now relegated to the distant past, we have x86 referring to 32-bit and x64 referring to 64-bit.

• 1 month later...

to toggle between languages...

left SHIFT and right ALT

does the deed.

repeat to reverse back

ALL girls like it in the Ass. Not all know it....yet!

..on a Mac, you can have a Thai flag posted up on the toolbar.

to toggle between Thai and passah Angkrit, hit the caps lock

ALL girls like it in the Ass. Not all know it....yet!

On some keyboards the key above the Tab will toggle the language

Chasing girls can be expensive

But it's more expensive if you catch one

• 7 months later...

Hello,

This is off Microsoft.com:

To install another language and keyboard layout in Windows XP, follow these steps:

In the Windows XP standard Start menu, click Start, and then click Control Panel.

In the Windows XP classic Start menu, click Start, click Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Regional and Language Options.

Click the Languages tab, and then click Details under "Text Services and Input Languages".

Click Add under "Installed Services", and then click the language you want to add and the keyboard layout you want to use for that language.

To configure the settings for the Language bar, click Language Bar under "Preferences".

I have Vista and the steps are the same.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill