IGNORED

Non Immigrant O M for 1 Year.

Atlas

Hi All,

I went to the Jomtien Office today to find out what I needed to do with regards to my  Retirement Visa Non Immigrant O M for 1 Year.

I had thought that it covered me for 12 months and no border runs required, just report every 90 days with your address...

Well guy at desk as you walked in, arrogant fucker playing with his phone... I asked what I needed to do.. You have to leave country every 90 days even before I could finish my question... So is this right ?

What is the good of a 12 month visa if I have do these border runs ?

Or is he talking shit. Place was packed by the way.

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

If you are already in the country , you apply for an extendion of stay based on retirement.  Its not exactly a retirment visa (which you have to apply for in your home country and the conditions are more onerous.  Once here and with the required money in the bank (800,000 baht)  for 2 months and being over 50, you apply for an extension of stay and no need to leave the country - just report your add every 90 days (no charge for reporting).  If you don't have the money in the bank for the required time there is a way around it but you will need a thai agent to help.

Thanks mate

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I have a Non-Immigration O-A "retirement" visa that I obtained in the states prior to coming to Thailand.  When I entered Thailand, I was granted a one year stay ("permission to stay" stamp placed in your passport that notes you are admitted until a certain date).  I'm required to report my address to Immigration every 90 days; I do not have to leave the country to do "border runs."   About 30 days prior to that "permission to stay date" stamped in my passport I will apply for a one year "extension of stay" based on retirement as sbf highlighted in his post.  As long as you qualify for the extension, you can continue to renew the extension at a Thai Immigration Office without ever having to leave Thailand.  Don't forget that you will also need to get a re-entry permit (single or multiple) should you Desire to travel outside of Thailand and want to keep your extension of stay valid. Departing Thailand without 

a re-entry permit cancels any existing extensions of stay.  The Pattaya City Expats Club has a lot of good visa information on their web page.

can the 800 000 money be in thai bank ? or need to be transfered from abroad or in foregin acc? or just can show cash USD or THB ?

Hi All,

I went to the Jomtien Office today to find out what I needed to do with regards to my  Retirement Visa Non Immigrant O M for 1 Year.

I had thought that it covered me for 12 months and no border runs required, just report every 90 days with your address...

Well guy at desk as you walked in, arrogant fucker playing with his phone... I asked what I needed to do.. You have to leave country every 90 days even before I could finish my question... So is this right ?

What is the good of a 12 month visa if I have do these border runs ?

Or is he talking shit. Place was packed by the way.

Did you get the visa outside of Thailand? If you did what is written on the visa? Is it type O-A or just O? When does it expire?

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Cash on deposit in a Thai bank equal or greater than 800,000 Baht. Funds are required to have been on deposit for 60 days before making an initial 

application for extension and 90 days before making a renewal application for extension. 

Is it possible to open a Thai bank account online ? Then transfer before you travel ???

Nope ... well as far as I know; pretty sure it would have been brought to our attention on here if we could.

Archived