Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Bangkok Bank branch at Suvarnabhumi Airport

badboy15001

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2008/06/23...al_30076202.php

Staff gagged and bound after being forced to open safe

A manhunt is on for two robbers who made off with more than Bt3 million from a Bangkok Bank branch at Suvarnabhumi Airport yesterday.

One teller was injured and the robbers gagged and bound the bank's nine staff before making off with the cash. They fled on a motorcycle, taking the bank's security-camera recording cassette with them.

The robbers were in the bank for 40 minutes.

Staff told police that the robbers brandished a pistol and a knife. They had followed one employee into the bank as she arrived at work at 7.30am.

They forced her to use her key to open one of the bank safe's locks by pistol-whipping her. They waited for a second staff member to arrive with the second key.

One of the staff said the robbers wrapped their fingers with tape to avoid leaving prints. Another said the men kicked the bank cleaner before binding and gagging her.

Police say the motorcycle registration number is Lor Ling - Sor Ruesee - Thor Thong 990, of an unknown province.

One robber is said to have a crew-cut.

Police suspect they are airport workers as they appeared familiar with the airport's internal road network. They knew the times the bank staff would arrive and that they would have to wait for the second security key.

The tellers have been given police protection. No police sketches of the two robbers were available late last night.

In January, a Burmese man managed to board a flight after jumping over the airport's security fence. He had eluded security and was apprehended only when cabin crew noticed his dirty, bare feet.

A heist at an airport? Thats ballsy.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Sound like a inside job but those are some brave dudes for robbing a bank in a busy airport.

She Loves Me I Love United That's Life !!!

Man UTD Isn't Just A Team, Its A RELIGION !

You can be my Wife but only for Tonight !

There are loads of cameras all over the place at the airport that doesn't makes sense to rob the highest security bank, must be a inside job, could be a cop, bank staff, etc, how does he/she knows the video cassette is in place? :Party1:

Yes!! i agree, they had to be watching the place for a while (or an inside job) since it was done before the branch opened i would think they get a lot of foreign tourist in there

I mean deadman is looking for ways to finance his trips since I cut his support.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

As soon as I read the first paragraph 40 mins.. heheh Inside job that risk for a lousy 46k £, there are some desperate people out there

I can see the possible reason for pistol whipping the bank employee in order to get the safe open but what's up with kicking the cleaner?

That is definitely a ballsy heist. Sounds well planned.....perhaps the making of a Thai move version of "Heat" or "Ocean's 11".

probably to show they mean business or that cleaner was walking to slow when they told them to move

classic inside job

investigate the workers and throw one of them in jail, saying the real culprits have gone into hiding.

classic police work

Can,t belive thier did it in a airport!

Nothing to lose prob! keep them going for a bit

Well nationalmedia is not saying how they found there names but they got names and pics of who there lQQking for

Police shows photos of two men; Supacha Puthukmok, 32, and Sirisak Yodcharoen, 34, who are suspected of robbing Bangkok Bank's Suvarnabhumi Airport on June 22. They made off with Bt3.3 million.//Suthinan Kongsin