Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Brit Electrocuted in Pattaya Flood

GoGo

That's very sad. I think you might want to rewrite the title of your thread. Although its a cute alliteration, its rather disrespectful towards the decedent, and his family and friends.

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

That's very sad. I think you might want to rewrite the title of your thread. Although its a cute alliteration, its rather disrespectful towards the decedent, and his family and friends.

I agree and have changed it.

Gogo that wasn't nice, its a very good story to warn people of the dangers that lurk everywhere here but there is no need for such disrespect when a young man has lost his life. For all we know it could be someones friend here.

Anyway good story so lets move on.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

I agree and have changed it.

Gogo that wasn't nice, its a very good story to warn people of the dangers that lurk everywhere here but there is no need for such disrespect when a young man has lost his life. For all we know it could be someones friend here.

Anyway good story so lets move on.

I do apologize. I will now go back to lurking behind the bushes....

I do apologize. I will now go back to lurking behind the bushes....

LOL Gogo don't worry yourself. Was a joke and as Zaphod says it would have been amusing in other circumstances. Posting the story is very worthwhile as it is a good warning to be careful.

Just better it was changed - move on.

Damn thats so unfortunate that could be anyone of us. Electricity the invasable, Orderless, Noiseless Monster. Unfortunatly the only sence we have detect it. TOUCH is fatal to us. My Prayers go out to his Loveones and anyone who witness the horrible event. I'm an Electrician i've been there, seen friends die from Electrocution, Its not quick and painless.

Don't Ask Questions You Don't Want Answers To!

dirty_sanchez.jpg

The story said that his lady for the night worked at 'Notty A-Go-Go on Walking Street'. Never heard of it!

It's a bad deal. It's something that happens even in western countries, except I guess in Thailand they don't have those leak detection trucks you see power companies use to find problem areas.

Very sad. As the same time I also was walking knee high in the water last night, could easily have being happened to me or any one of us.

Edited by Sean K

The Pattaya Mail have to mention that the guys gf worked in a gogo and he was waiting for her to finish, the guy has passed away and they feel need to get one last dig in.

The Pattaya Mail have to mention that the guys gf worked in a gogo and he was waiting for her to finish, the guy has passed away and they feel need to get one last dig in.

I think most people read the article understanding this as just one of the many hazards of not paying the barfine.

Too soon? Sorry.... :D

that is scary, do things like that happen often in pattaya ?

No but the relative dangers are higher than at home, especially of electrocution etc - just look at the wiring!!

Usually common sense would keep you safe but this one was just unfortunate.

No but the relative dangers are higher than at home, especially of electrocution etc - just look at the wiring!!

Usually common sense would keep you safe but this one was just unfortunate.

Yes, wasn't there a girl electrocuted working in a 7/11 recently?

I don't think that was their intention but rather describing the circumstances that led him to be in that area at that time that's all.

What I find disturbing is this quote from the Pattaya Mail and I'm amazed no one else has picked up on it.....

Police then collaborated with the Pattaya Electricity Authority to inspect the area and to cut off the electric current. The area was declared a no-entry zone so as to determine the electric leak and solve the problem immediately. After many hours, the level of flooding went down. Despite their inspection, the Electricity Authority couldn't identify the leak due to the profusion of cables. The authority declared Mr.Mitchinfow's death an act of God, due to the heavy storm. However, preventative measures would be taken to prevent a recurrence. The British embassy will notified of the death of Mr.Mitchinfow, accordingly.

In other words..... we have no idea why it happened, but we'll do something - don't know what, so hopefully during the next rainstorm/flooding no one else gets electrocuted. :wacko:

A very dangerous situation especially when you consider it's right next to a school. Pity if the street is flooded just when the kiddies are going home, could be a real mess.

Edited by rightsaid

Very sad story. Feel for his family and friends. RIP.

But is it any wonder when we see this stuff

100_3775__Small_.JPG