Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Concorde Hotel - Kuala Lumpur - near The Beech Club

georgeblown

Hi, anyone visiting Kuala Lumpur should check out this hotel. Stayed here in Dec 2012 and really

had a great stay. Very modern luxury rooms with good showers and bath. Tea and coffee making

facilities,free wifi/internet.Room safe,mini bar fridge,slippers,bathrobe,hair dryer,etc.

www.concordehotelresorts.com  - I booked through www.booking.com as was cheaper.

The hotel has four restaurants and bars and has a hard rock cafe attached which is great.

Breakfast was very good although never ate there in the evening. I would think it would be good

as really could not fault this hotel. There is a gym and outside swimming pool.

If you book  for a minimum of two nights in a Premier room it also includes complimentary

one way limo transfer from KL International Airport. It also includes private check in.

Girl friendly.

The other very good point is that its literally a 5 minute walk to the Beach Club with all of those

different nationalities of free lancers. (Happy days) www.beachclubcafe.com

The Petronas Twin Towers are about a 15 minute walk away and the KL Tower from memory was

about 25 minutes up a steep hill.Both well worth a visit.

DSCI0309.JPGDSCI0211.JPG

hotel Lobby

DSCI0215.JPGDSCI0216.JPG

Premier double room

DSCI0122.JPGDSCI0123.JPGDSCI0124.JPGDSCI0125.JPGDSCI0127.JPGDSCI0126.JPGDSCI0129.JPGDSCI0315.JPGDSCI0316.JPGDSCI0317.JPG

View from room.(Not very good quality pics but gives you an idea of the size of the pool.)

DSCI0117.JPGDSCI0131.JPGDSCI0132.JPG

A 5 minute walk to The Beach Club

DSCI0311.JPG

Would recommend this hotel to anyone as its ideal for the freelancers and tourism.

Hope it helps some of you decide where you want to stay in Kuala Lumpur.

• 2 months later...

That's a pic of the old Beach Club - it relocated a while back (only around 50-60m down the same road)  ... looks a bit different now though ...

All-new-beach-club-cafe-grand-launch-1.JPG

You forgot to mention that the Hard Rock Cafe is downstairs in same building where you can meet both good girls and working girls.

Many hotels in the area of all price ranges as well as full service spa and massage places.

• 3 months later...

I stayed there about 5 years ago and was a great place. You can catch a cab up the street a little ways to get on the hi-speed rail to airport. KL is not a cheap stay and was a little pricy drinking in BC as well. Very clean city; probably the cleanest city in Asia that I have been to.

• 3 weeks later...

muffhunter: IMHO Singapore is cleanest city in Asia. Johor Baru Malaysia right across the causeway is filthy, L much nicer than JB biut not as pristine as Singapore. 

I stayed at Concorde almost 20 years ago. I prefer Frasier Place nowadays as you get an apartment and location is even better than Concorde. 

mini-IMG_9621.JPG

mini-IMG_9622.JPG

mini-IMG_9626.JPG

mini-IMG_9628.JPG

mini-IMG_9630.JPG

mini-IMG_9631.JPG

mini-IMG_9632.JPG

mini-IMG_9616.JPG

mini-IMG_9617.JPG

mini-IMG_9618.JPG

mini-IMG_9619.JPG

mini-IMG_9620.JPG

Ashamed of my true nationality at present so I am temporarily flying the flag of the Kiwi Republic (wanted the All Black's flag-Black background with the Silver Fern- but not an option on the board software so Jacinda's Standard will have to do.  

• 3 weeks later...

Stayed in Concorde twice, and always was very pleased, with accommodation and location. I can recommended this hotel, also. Many nice memories from BC.

regards

I'm going to KL in Jan with work & will be stopping at the new Four Points by Sheraton which opens next week ,will try to take some photos & add to here

I stayed in the Concord a few years ago. Very nice. I felt a little strange walking through the lobby in shorts and a T shirt as everyone else was in a suit and tie. Maybe it was a large business meeting or something.

• 3 months later...

There are always a lot of business travelers at the Concorde but I always thought they were envious of me in my casual clothes going out to play while they worked :-)

I definitely recommend the hotel and if you can tolerate the persistent badgering from incredibly gorgeous girls and the outrageous drink prices, the Beach Club.

Quite a dated place….but the big story here is that 5 star hotel rates in KL are probably the most reasonable in Asia….the Mandarin Oriental is mind-blowing as is the Ritz Carlton (more discreet and boutiquey). Even The Tenaissance is a fantastic property…very close to Concorde.

Price discussions are killing my mood and my illusions.

• 1 month later...

There are always a lot of business travelers at the Concorde but I always thought they were envious of me in my casual clothes going out to play while they worked :-)

I definitely recommend the hotel and if you can tolerate the persistent badgering from incredibly gorgeous girls and the outrageous drink prices, the Beach Club.

Sorry Sir but I beg to differ about The Beach Club. I was in there 3 weeks ago and it should havebeen called The Boiler Room. It was late though but I couldn,t find a girl under 25 and most of the others were dogs. vERY DISSAPOINTING. Maybe timing had a bit to to do with it. Most overated bar ever. The Concorde looks ok though. Cheers

I was in the Beach Club twice, just before it moved to the new location and I found that the girls there were some of the most attractive I have seen in a bar of this type.  They were mostly Vietnamese and Filipino.

I was there on a Friday and Saturday night and the ratio was about 3 girls to every guy.  As a result, the girls were VERY pushy asking for drinks and trying to close the deal.  The girl prices were pretty high though I did not bargain as I was scheduled to meet someone later at the Hard Rock.

Drink prices were outrageous but I think that is just a result of the taxes in this Islamic country.  If I remember correctly, prices were similar at the Hard Rock.

Bottom line, if you are in downtown KL, it is worth your time to visit the Beach Club.  If it is not to your liking, the Hard Rock at the Concorde hotel is a short walk and there are freelancers there.

• 1 month later...

If Beach Club was in a real mongering country nobody would rave about it. It is ONLY because it is right there in the Bule area of KL that it exists at all.  Some hotties but ST attitudes and high prices are big bummers.  If you must work in KL then it is an option but the traveler is better advised to save his cash and seed for the real hunting grounds in nearby countries.    

Ashamed of my true nationality at present so I am temporarily flying the flag of the Kiwi Republic (wanted the All Black's flag-Black background with the Silver Fern- but not an option on the board software so Jacinda's Standard will have to do.  

I wouldn't rave about the Beach Club either.  As I stated, drink and girl prices are very high for SE Asia and the girls are incredibly pushy for drinks and ST.  But, I did find a lot of the girls attractive (especially the Vietnamese) so if you are in downtown KL, it is a worthwhile place to go.

Would I recommend KL as a mongering destination, probably not.  But it is an impressive city worthy of a tourist visit and you can have a little P4P fun while you are there if you choose to.  I was there as the Air Asia flights in and out of KL are incredibly inexpensive and I was traveling between Bangkok and Bali.  Since I had never seen the city before, I decided to stop for a couple of days.

HD: agreed it is a nice city, and as AA hub overnighters are not uncommon. Could be much worse. 

Archived