Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Dusit D2

ThaiBrit

Hey guys. Thinking about booking the Dusit for 4 nights out of my months holiday.

I do not know which room to book:

Delux currently 65GBP,

Studio currently 122GBP,

D`Suite currently 159GBP.

Im not saying I am rich, but for 4 nights I want to live like a king, I don't mind paying 160 a night, as long as it is 100% worth it. I always stay in 1000 Baht hotels, so for once I would like to try luxury, as I never have, anywhere. So anyone have experience with any of these three rooms. What are they like, are the prices worth it for each of the rooms?

I have had a look in the hotel, and the pool is good, the lobby is good, the gym, sauna and all that is good. Just what about the rooms. Services from staff, location ideal?

why not go like most of the rest of us , get a more reasonable place to lay your head , and live it up as you see fit on the ladies !!!!!!!

We spent my 40th at the Dusit for 12 nights with 4 mates.

I had the D'Suite and to be fair its amazing.

The staff are the best I have come across in Pattaya and the food is top notch.

Breaky is the best I have had in any trip.

Don't have a bad word to say about the place.

Go for it and enjoy a taste of the good life.

An afternoon around the pool sucking on Mojito's with a few sexy girls cant be beat.

Agree it is a nice hotel.  Have only stayed in the standard rooms....nothing special...but good.

If you are trying to give yourself a little taste of "luxury" at the D2 I would say move up to the suite room for sure.

I stayed in a D'Suite last year, I posted in this thread, as did several others:

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/167718-dusit-d2-baraquda-dsuite-review/

There were many problems with the room - just not very functional.  Good idea, but the execution was lacking.

The people working at the property were very nice overall.

I'd go for the suite room for a short stay - worth it.

Beware that the sun goes away from pool area kind of early in the day due to buildings.

I've looked at the D2 myself , but the lack of sun by the pool in the afternoon puts me off ( someone mentioned a lot of mossies by the pool as well ) , so maybe look at getting a Jacuzzi Room at The Intimate , rooftop pool so no issues with lack of sun or if you want to spend a bit more the maybe The Marriott would give you what you want

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

• 3 weeks later...

When you check out Dusitgroup Website, Dusit D2 Pattaya isn't listed there anymore. Does anyone know what happened? Was it rebranded?

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Was it rebranded?

Yes, it was indeed rebranded and is now named hotel Baraquda Pattaya: http://www.agoda.com/hotel-baraquda-pattaya/hotel/pattaya-th.html

Though I have booking for june I'd really like to now if there was any change in management/staff too. Does someone have any informations about that?

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

Yes I looked the other day and noticed Dusit D2 had disappeared. I just found a room or 20 pounds cheaper than Agoda on hotelcombind.com. Think I shall be booking.

Today I received an email from the hotel:

To our friends and loyal guests,

Greetings from the land of friendly smiles and warm sunshine -- Pattaya.

We would like to announce a piece of exciting news. As from 1st of June 2014, dusitD2 baraquda pattaya will be rebranded as Hotel Baraquda Pattaya, moving a step forward.

To enjoy the hotel more than ever, all reservations made via all bookings channels are honored. For future reservations and/or inquiries, you can now simply contact the Front Office Manager - Mr. Seksan Rayacherd - via email at [email protected] at your
convenience, and he will get back as soon as possible. Or, you can also contact the hotel directly at (+66) 38-769-999.

All of our crew are excited about this change as we can now respond directly to your desires both in reservations and on site during your stay at Hotel Baraquda Pattaya. Our job is to enhance your holiday and make your stay memorable in every possible way.

We are, and always will be, so grateful for your continued support ; and , we can't wait to have you back aboard with us for a fresh new experience you will love.

Cheers !

Management
Hotel Baraquda Pattaya

• 2 weeks later...

After leaving Dusit-Group hotel Baraquda is about to join Accor Group in a couple of weeks

just in case anyone ever had any doubt: they are also still very gf

• 2 weeks later...

answer of myh question from D2, they charge for 3.rd person, i believe this is standard for any hotel in pattaya

Warm greeting from Hotel Baraquda Pattaya!

Thank you for your email and choosing to stay with us. We are pleased to confirm your room reservation which booked via booking.com ref#xxxxxx during period 25-30 July 2014 for a Deluxe room. Further to your question, please be informed that your room reservation has been booked for 2 persons stay, thus you may invite a guest to the hotel with free of charge, but for the 3rd person , there will be an extra person charge at THB 1,766 net/night incase overnight stay. One important thing, your guests have to indentify herself at the front desk and ID card or passport is required upon arrival for security reason.

We look forward to being of service to you soon.

Should you have any further information or assistance please feel free to contact us, we would be very much to oblige.

Warm Regards,

answer of myh question from D2, they charge for 3.rd person,...

From my very own experience from last week, when I barfined 2 waitresses from Babydolls, I can tell you that they don't charge a joiner fee for a second girl

did you register girls on reception before going up to room ?

did you register girls on reception before going up to room ?

yes, they just had to leave their ID at front desk ... no problems at all ... the girl at the front desk and the security guy were friendly as ever when we went up to the room ... they even congratulated me for Germany's win against Portugal

Just spotted the rebrand on Agoda.Thought it was a new hotel at first.It has deluxe rooms in August for £30 minus taxes.Is that quite a bit cheaper than it used to be? Always thought rooms used to be almost double that even in low season.Looks a nice place for that money.

Just had a look and the same room after Christmas is £106 minus taxes.The difference between low & peak seasons eh.

At that price, this hotel is outstanding value in August.

They may have dropped the prices short term since bookings would have reduced due to the unfamiliar name and disassociation with Dusit group.

Just spotted the rebrand on Agoda.Thought it was a new hotel at first.It has deluxe rooms in August for £30 minus taxes.Is that quite a bit cheaper than it used to be? Always thought rooms used to be almost double that even in low season.Looks a nice place for that money.

There are lots of great deals in Thailand now due to the very low, low season occupancy rates.  I just booked a Deluxe room in a beach-front 4 star hotel in Phuket for 1,800 baht/night, includes all taxes, service charges, free WiFi and breakfast.  Last year the same hotel during the same time was over 3,000 baht and their high season rate is 5,000 ++

Archived