IGNORED

D2 review

leadpencil

Being a creature of habit I normally stay at Flipper House, Soi 7. Prior to my last trip in August I realised that I was due for a change so decided to check in to somewhere different. After reading a number of reviews and posting a thread in this section of the forum, I decided upon the Dusit D2 on Second Road.

I booked a studio suite for four nights on one of their promotional rates thinking that if I liked it, I would stay on for as many more days as I saw fit.

Here are a few pictures of the studio suite. It certainly has that 'wow' factor when you walk in to the room for the first time.

Picture 005.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

There was a great view from the room out across the other rooms, bar and pool areas.

Picture 002.jpg

Picture 003.jpg

Picture 004.jpg

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Just my kind of place mate. Thanks for that, always good to have options if the Blackbook Resort is not available. How much did you pay fella?

001_Thank_You5.gif

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

The hotel scores ten out of ten for looks although once you start looking a bit deeper, it is not quite as impressive as the image it likes to portray.

On a positive side, the location is superb. It is walking distance to most areas and only a short motorbike or baht bus ride away from the most important soi in Pattaya, Soi 6. I checked out the spa facilities and they were excellent, possible the best that I have experienced in Thailand.

The downside is that the service was extremely erratic. There would either be five people behind the reception desk or rushing to open the door for you, or there would be.........no-one. Every night when I returned there would be a snoring security guard tucked behind reception. I know that this is typical for Thailand but not something that you expect from a five star hotel.

At breakfast on the first day I asked for apple juice. When I told that there was none I looked over at the amply stocked bar area a stones throw from my table. The waiter saw me looking and eventually took the hint and went and grumpily 'found' some apple juice. On the second morning I had to remind another waiter that they did indeed have apple juice in their bar area three meters from my table.

Swimming in the pool area I came across the orange balls that they have floating round. I picked one up only to find it was orange on the top and green and slimey underneath. Picked up another and another and all the same.

It is hard to fault the room although the beds are extremely uncomfortable and even a couple of Thai girls commented! What did annoy me was that on two occasions I had to call to get it cleaned. Also the promised turn down service never happened.

Now while I may come over as a bit of a primadonna whilst making these comments, all I expect is to get what I pay for. Personally I am quite happy with a comfy bed and a decent shower. I would much rather spend my money on a business class flight than a five star hotel. However, when you pay for and get promised things that are not delivered then that is wrong.

Most of the reviews for D2 on PA have been good although I did find some bad reviews elsewhere (on a hotel booking site). There were a number of Thai guests staying there when I was in residence and it seemed as if all the staff were fussing round them. Personally, I would not stay there again as the hotel puts image above service and I do not think it is worth the money that they charge.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Just my kind of place mate. Thanks for that, always good to have options if the Blackbook Resort is not available. How much did you pay fella?

001_Thank_You5.gif

Great looking suite, might have to try this for next trip

Thanks both for the feedback but please see my post above made in the meantime!

I paid 5,813.44 baht per night (including 17% tax and service). This was on one of their promotional rates and even then I felt hard done by!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Thanks for the report & pics.

This is the first bad report I have read about the D2.

Security asleep, green slime in the pool I can live with but a bed that is not comfortable no fucking way & at £120 or more per night I am shocked.

:001_Thank_You5:

i wish i had read this earlier, booked a room earlier this week using late-stays. Hopefully my bed is a little more comfortable . . will let you know, I am there soon . . .

i wish i had read this earlier, booked a room earlier this week using late-stays. Hopefully my bed is a little more comfortable . . will let you know, I am there soon . . .

I am sure that it will be fine and that you will have a great time. I spoke to another guy who was in a standard room and he was more than happy with his deal. More than anything I felt that I got poor value for money compared to what else is out there. Have a good trip!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

I stayed there 3 nights last year using Thai Air points. Great location and i received excellent service but the hotel imo is 4 star and not 5 Star. Agreed about the image factor. The hotel does have that wow factor but on closer inspection there are many things 'wrong' with the place. E.g., the room i was given had a crack on the glass sliding door. I made sure to call down to reception and have them make a note of it. i was asked if i wanted to change rooms and since my room was free anyway i just told them no its ok, just want to make sure they make a note of it and i don't get charged for it when i check out. You just dont get things like this in a real 5 star hotel.

I also stayed at the Sheraton Resort which to me is a genuine 5 Star establishment and would recommend Sheraton for anyone looking for luxury. Though even Sheraton has a few faults of its own, like the location and super high prices these days! i used to stay there for 3k bht a night when it first opened and before it became popular with the Russians.

I stayed there 3 nights last year using Thai Air points. Great location and i received excellent service but the hotel imo is 4 star and not 5 Star. Agreed about the image factor. The hotel does have that wow factor but on closer inspection there are many things 'wrong' with the place. E.g., the room i was given had a crack on the glass sliding door. I made sure to call down to reception and have them make a note of it. i was asked if i wanted to change rooms and since my room was free anyway i just told them no its ok, just want to make sure they make a note of it and i don't get charged for it when i check out. You just dont get things like this in a real 5 star hotel.

I also stayed at the Sheraton Resort which to me is a genuine 5 Star establishment and would recommend Sheraton for anyone looking for luxury. Though even Sheraton has a few faults of its own, like the location and super high prices these days! i used to stay there for 3k bht a night when it first opened and before it became popular with the Russians.

Thanks for the info & about the crack you do not want in your room. HA HA.

In your opinion what is the best hotels to stay in for the money in Pattaya ????

• 2 months later...

Like the gentlemen who started this thread, Mr. Pencil, I also stayed at the Dusit D2 Baraquda in a studio suite. So I thought I’d use the occasion of my first post on Pattaya-Addicts.com to follow up on his excellent review. I’ll try to post some photos later.

LOCATION: I concur with Mr. Pencil that the Dusit D2 is ideally located. I had never been to Pattaya before, but in about ten minutes I figured out this place is equidistant from most attractions of interest to a punter on holiday. You can walk to Beach Road in less than five minutes, where you can catch a baht bus to Walking Street. If you’re inclined to stretch your legs, you can easily walk the entire way. If you head north on Second Road you can reach Soi Diana and Soi LK Metro in minutes. And Soi Six is a ten minute ride by baht bus. So if you came to Pattaya to enjoy the adult entertainment, the Dusit D2 is ideally located.

There are numerous restaurants, shops, pharmacies and massage places on Sois 13, 13/1 & 13/2. Very, very handy. I never got up early enough to eat breakfast at the D2. But a few days I dragged myself over to the LEK hotel across the street, where the breakfast buffet is served until midday. It’s a great bargain at just over 100 baht. There is also a cheap laundry on the north side of Soi 13, just west of Second Road. And of course there are plenty of beer bars.

Next door to the Dusit D2 is a modern shopping plaza that obviously caters to the tourist trade. So if you’ve come all the way to Thailand and you still have to have your McDonald’s or Starbucks you can find it here. There is also a nice grocery store. After sundown there is a night market with the usual overpriced t-shirts and souvenirs.

Unfortunately, the shopping plaza also hosts a outdoor bar that starts playing VERY LOUD MUSIC every day about 1700. The music reverberates off the concrete and blasts the balconies at the Dusit D2 – all of which face the bar. Even on the fifth floor of the hotel I was disturbed by this racket. So if you fancy a combat nap just before sundown to prepare for a late night on Walking Street, be warned. The booming bass notes so prevalent in house music will shake the fillings from your teeth.

THE STUDIO SUITE: The living room was as large as many hotel rooms all by itself, and it featured a half bath. As a single traveler this was overkill for me. But a couple or somebody partying with friends might be able to use the extra space and the extra toilet. There was a small counter in the living room with a coffee machine and free bottled water that was replenished as often as I needed. That was a nice touch.

The bedroom featured a avant garde piece of furniture that combined a king bed, desk and minibar into one unit. It was definitely unique. I respectfully differ with Mr. Pencil in respect of the bed’s comfort. I didn’t think the mattress was too firm at all. I would have liked to have a refrigerator, however. Made do by stashing a few Diet Cokes in the minibar. The bathroom area was incorporated into the bedroom vice being separate. As you can see from the photos earlier in this thread there is a Jacuzzi tub in the middle of the floor, and you can see into the glass-walled shower from the bedroom. Again, a novel design. And one that raises, um, er, possibilities with the right guest. There was also a massive double sink vanity with plenty of room for one or even two people to do all the primping they wish.

The walk-in shower was huge, and there were two different shower heads. Water pressure and temperature were fine. The toilet was in a little booth by itself. Thankfully, the glass for that enclosure was opaque.

Both rooms had sliding glass doors that opened to balconies overlooking the pool. The view was to the north, toward the infernally loud outdoor bar next door. Grrr.

The studio suite had a dual zone, heavy duty air conditioning setup with enough capacity to keep anybody cool. But 20 degrees in the bedroom wasn’t the same as 20 degrees in living room. So it took some tinkering with the thermostats to get comfortable. The internet connection could be accessed using an Ethernet cable or via wi-fi. It was acceptably fast most of the time, but on occasion it slowed to a crawl. There are also a couple of PCs for guest use in lounge. No printers, however. The television setup was OK. The flat screens were nice and they had the Bloomberg channel so I could keep up with the markets while leering at Margaret Brennan.

The pool was just as futuristic as the rest of the place. Note that it doesn’t get very much direct sun. But that was actually a plus for me. And if I wanted sun the beach was only steps away. There was a spa, but I didn’t visit. Got plenty of, um, er ‟exercise” at night, so didn’t need to use the gym. The sunset view from the roof top bar is definitely a must-see.

The staff was young and polite and very accommodating. But I gotta admit I’m a pretty low maintenance guest. Checking in and out went smoothly, despite doing the latter at 0200 one morning. One nice feature: No matter how late I was getting started, the housekeeper made up my room when I went out. And if you fancy it, there is turn down service every evening about dusk. Most evenings I was getting ready to go out or trying to get some work done. So I just turned on the ‟Do Not Disturb” sign and they left me alone.

GIRL FRIENDLY? The consensus opinion is yes. But all my, um, recreation was offsite. So I didn’t test the premise.

VALUE FOR MONEY: I paid USD $183 per night for my high season stay, including all taxes, internet and breakfast for one every day. At 30 to the dollar, that’s 5,490 baht per night. Obviously, this is VERY expensive by Pattaya hotel standards. But it was my first visit and I was in the mood to splurge. The hotel is nice, but now that I’ve gotten the lay of the land I realize it’s not even close to being a good value. There are many other places to stay that are just as nice and just as centrally located. (And farther away from that damn outdoor bar.) Unless I score some amazing online deal via Wotif, Agoda or Latestays I will probably stay elsewhere my next time in Pattaya.

Regards,

Bunky

Like the gentlemen who started this thread, Mr. Pencil, I also stayed at the Dusit D2 Baraquda in a studio suite. So I thought I’d use the occasion of my first post on Pattaya-Addicts.com to follow up on his excellent review. I’ll try to post some photos later.

LOCATION: I concur with Mr. Pencil that the Dusit D2 is ideally located. I had never been to Pattaya before, but in about ten minutes I figured out this place is equidistant from most attractions of interest to a punter on holiday. You can walk to Beach Road in less than five minutes, where you can catch a baht bus to Walking Street. If you’re inclined to stretch your legs, you can easily walk the entire way. If you head north on Second Road you can reach Soi Diana and Soi LK Metro in minutes. And Soi Six is a ten minute ride by baht bus. So if you came to Pattaya to enjoy the adult entertainment, the Dusit D2 is ideally located.

There are numerous restaurants, shops, pharmacies and massage places on Sois 13, 13/1 & 13/2. Very, very handy. I never got up early enough to eat breakfast at the D2. But a few days I dragged myself over to the LEK Hotel across the street, where the breakfast buffet is served until midday. It’s a great bargain at just over 100 baht. There is also a cheap laundry on the north side of Soi 13, just west of Second Road. And of course there are plenty of beer bars.

Next door to the Dusit D2 is a modern shopping plaza that obviously caters to the tourist trade. So if you’ve come all the way to Thailand and you still have to have your McDonald’s or Starbucks you can find it here. There is also a nice grocery store. After sundown there is a night market with the usual overpriced t-shirts and souvenirs.

Unfortunately, the shopping plaza also hosts a outdoor bar that starts playing VERY LOUD MUSIC every day about 1700. The music reverberates off the concrete and blasts the balconies at the Dusit D2 – all of which face the bar. Even on the fifth floor of the hotel I was disturbed by this racket. So if you fancy a combat nap just before sundown to prepare for a late night on Walking Street, be warned. The booming bass notes so prevalent in house music will shake the fillings from your teeth.

THE STUDIO SUITE: The living room was as large as many hotel rooms all by itself, and it featured a half bath. As a single traveler this was overkill for me. But a couple or somebody partying with friends might be able to use the extra space and the extra toilet. There was a small counter in the living room with a coffee machine and free bottled water that was replenished as often as I needed. That was a nice touch.

The bedroom featured a avant garde piece of furniture that combined a king bed, desk and minibar into one unit. It was definitely unique. I respectfully differ with Mr. Pencil in respect of the bed’s comfort. I didn’t think the mattress was too firm at all. I would have liked to have a refrigerator, however. Made do by stashing a few Diet Cokes in the minibar. The bathroom area was incorporated into the bedroom vice being separate. As you can see from the photos earlier in this thread there is a Jacuzzi tub in the middle of the floor, and you can see into the glass-walled shower from the bedroom. Again, a novel design. And one that raises, um, er, possibilities with the right guest. There was also a massive double sink vanity with plenty of room for one or even two people to do all the primping they wish.

The walk-in shower was huge, and there were two different shower heads. Water pressure and temperature were fine. The toilet was in a little booth by itself. Thankfully, the glass for that enclosure was opaque.

Both rooms had sliding glass doors that opened to balconies overlooking the pool. The view was to the north, toward the infernally loud outdoor bar next door. Grrr.

The studio suite had a dual zone, heavy duty air conditioning setup with enough capacity to keep anybody cool. But 20 degrees in the bedroom wasn’t the same as 20 degrees in living room. So it took some tinkering with the thermostats to get comfortable. The internet connection could be accessed using an Ethernet cable or via wi-fi. It was acceptably fast most of the time, but on occasion it slowed to a crawl. There are also a couple of PCs for guest use in lounge. No printers, however. The television setup was OK. The flat screens were nice and they had the Bloomberg channel so I could keep up with the markets while leering at Margaret Brennan.

The pool was just as futuristic as the rest of the place. Note that it doesn’t get very much direct sun. But that was actually a plus for me. And if I wanted sun the beach was only steps away. There was a spa, but I didn’t visit. Got plenty of, um, er ‟exercise” at night, so didn’t need to use the gym. The sunset view from the roof top bar is definitely a must-see.

The staff was young and polite and very accommodating. But I gotta admit I’m a pretty low maintenance guest. Checking in and out went smoothly, despite doing the latter at 0200 one morning. One nice feature: No matter how late I was getting started, the housekeeper made up my room when I went out. And if you fancy it, there is turn down service every evening about dusk. Most evenings I was getting ready to go out or trying to get some work done. So I just turned on the ‟Do Not Disturb” sign and they left me alone.

GIRL FRIENDLY? The consensus opinion is yes. But all my, um, recreation was offsite. So I didn’t test the premise.

VALUE FOR MONEY: I paid USD $183 per night for my high season stay, including all taxes, internet and breakfast for one every day. At 30 to the dollar, that’s 5,490 baht per night. Obviously, this is VERY expensive by Pattaya hotel standards. But it was my first visit and I was in the mood to splurge. The hotel is nice, but now that I’ve gotten the lay of the land I realize it’s not even close to being a good value. There are many other places to stay that are just as nice and just as centrally located. (And farther away from that damn outdoor bar.) Unless I score some amazing online deal via Wotif, Agoda or Latestays I will probably stay elsewhere my next time in Pattaya.

Regards,

Bunky

Thanks for the update.

So what other hotels would you consider that are as good but less money ????

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this photo uploading thing. So bear with me as I learn by doing. Tips from senior members cheerfully accepted.

Regards,

Bunky

=============================

Here is the living room, looking toward the door. The door to the half bath is behind the white stool. The little counter was a handy place to keep my pocket litter and to charge my cell phone.

Dusit D2 - LR 001 RS.jpg

The living room, looking toward the balcony.

Dusit D2 - LR 003 RS.jpg

Here's a close up of the little counter in the living room. There was a handy electrical outlet in the closet.

Dusit D2 - Counter 001 RS.jpg

Half bath in living room.

Dusit D2 - Half Bath 001 RS.jpg

This is the desk that's connected to the bed. The minibar is underneath the desk on the left side.

Dusit D2 - Desk Connected to Bed 001 RS.jpg

The desk had handy built-in connections for power and data.

Dusit D2 - Desk Detail 001 RS.jpg

The walk in shower was very large. Note two different shower heads.

Dusit D2 - Shower 001 RS.jpg

I like a big vanity. The Dusit D2 didn't disappoint. There was also tons of cabinet space behind the mirrors.

Dusit D2 - Bathroom Vanity 001 RS.jpg

The wardrobe was big enough, and the safe was plenty large as well.

Dusit D2 - Closet 001 RS.jpg

There were also lots of big drawers.

Dusit D2 - Closet 002 RS.jpg

Toilet in bedroom.

Dusit D2 - Toilet 001 RS.jpg

Skyline view from balcony, looking north. The noisy outdoor bar is behind that tree. Note how the shape of the buildings funnel the music toward the Dusit D2.

Dusit D2 - Balcony View 004 RS.jpg

So what other hotels would you consider that are as good but less money?

I regret that the only place I've ever stayed is the Dusit D2. So I cannot render an opinion based upon first hand knowledge. That said, online research in the hotel forum on this board (which is superb, by the way) suggests that if you're willing to pay 2,500 to 3,000 baht per night you can easily find upscale lodging in central Pattaya during the high season. That's about half of what Mr. Pencil and I paid to stay in a studio suite at the Dusit D2.

Just to throw one out (and again, I have not stayed there) the Pattaya Resort looks to be very close to the Dusit D2. According to the web site a one bedroom suite there (which is roughly comparable to the studio suite at the Dusit, although lacking the wow factor) goes for about 3,200 baht per night, including the service charge and VAT. A deluxe room, which at least in the photos looks pretty nice, goes for about 2,300.

I'm sure others who are far more experienced than I can recommend other hotels. But that discussion probably belongs in a different thread.

Bunky

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this photo uploading thing. So bear with me as I learn by doing. Tips from senior members cheerfully accepted.

Regards,

Bunky

=============================

Here is the living room, looking toward the door. The door to the half bath is behind the white stool. The little counter was a handy place to keep my pocket litter and to charge my cell phone.

post-45742-0-11589100-1295400487.jpg

The living room, looking toward the balcony.

post-45742-0-13916700-1295400648.jpg

Here's a close up of the little counter in the living room. There was a handy electrical outlet in the closet.

post-45742-0-11024100-1295400709.jpg

Half bath in living room.

post-45742-0-68038000-1295400797.jpg

This is the desk that's connected to the bed. The minibar is underneath the desk on the left side.

post-45742-0-25992200-1295400872.jpg

The desk had handy built-in connections for power and data.

post-45742-0-42449200-1295400941.jpg

The walk in shower was very large. Note two different shower heads.

post-45742-0-95592700-1295400996.jpg

I like a big vanity. The Dusit D2 didn't disappoint. There was also tons of cabinet space behind the mirrors.

post-45742-0-03717600-1295401040.jpg

The wardrobe was big enough, and the safe was plenty large as well.

post-45742-0-35872300-1295401459.jpg

There were also lots of big drawers.

post-45742-0-78702000-1295401558.jpg

Toilet in bedroom.

post-45742-0-41449100-1295401616.jpg

Skyline view from balcony, looking north. The noisy outdoor bar is behind that tree. Note how the shape of the buildings funnel the music toward the Dusit D2.

post-45742-0-93063300-1295401680.jpg

Photos are fantastic & show it of & yes I can see the wow factor is there.

Welcome to the Forum. :GoldenSmile1:

Excellent report Bunky, you put mine to shame!

By way of an update I stayed at August Suites over Christmas and New Year and IMO that beats the D2 hands down.

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

Excellent report Bunky, you put mine to shame!

By way of an update I stayed at August Suites over Christmas and New Year and IMO that beats the D2 hands down.

Beats it hands down as in value for money or the feel monger good factor ?????

Please explain as I have not had the pleasure of the D2 but was thinking of having a few nights there in low season as it looks to have the WOW factor.

Beats it hands down as in value for money or the feel monger good factor ?????

Please explain as I have not had the pleasure of the D2 but was thinking of having a few nights there in low season as it looks to have the WOW factor.

IMO August Suites is a winner for comfort, value for money, location and friendly service. D2 does have that wow factor but it is not good value for money.

I tried to book August Suites yesterday for a week in March and it is full!

ทำให้ไม่ชอบสงคราม

. . .

Regards,

Bunky

Bunky, EXCELLENT report. Perhaps the best I've read on Pattaya Addicts. Please write more, your descriptions are very precise, intelligent and fun to read. Your photos are very nice too. Thanks a lot!

Edited by sexy pumpui

SEXY GORDO - SEXY PUMPUI - เซ็à¸à¸‹à¸µà¹ˆà¹„ขมันมนุษย์

Coming Soon

Sexy Pumpui - Girlfriend Experience - Coming in 2011

Sexy Pumpui - My Isaan Thaidoll (October 2011)

Now Playing

Sexy Pumpui - Street Photography - 2011

Sexy Pumpui - Butterfly- October 2010

Sexy Pumpui - Playing with Dolls july 2010*****

Sexy Pumpui - Thai Daisy Dukes (Sexy Everyday) *****

Sexy Pumpui - Obsession - sleepless in Pattaya - jan 2010 ****

Sexy Pumpui - Feeding the Addiction- End Of Year 2009 *****

Sexy Pumpui - Fall Fling - sep 2009

Sexy Pumpui - Best of All the girls I've lubbed before*****

Blogs

Metrosexual TIps to Keep yourself in Tip-Top Shape for the TG's

Sexy Photo (Beginner's Guide)

Pumpui's Guide to Good Eatin' (Advanced Eating Guide)

IMO August Suites is a winner for comfort, value for money, location and friendly service. D2 does have that wow factor but it is not good value for money.

I tried to book August Suites yesterday for a week in March and it is full!

Yes, I agree with your opinion on August. Their Service and Staff are definitely 5-Star.

SEXY GORDO - SEXY PUMPUI - เซ็à¸à¸‹à¸µà¹ˆà¹„ขมันมนุษย์

Coming Soon

Sexy Pumpui - Girlfriend Experience - Coming in 2011

Sexy Pumpui - My Isaan Thaidoll (October 2011)

Now Playing

Sexy Pumpui - Street Photography - 2011

Sexy Pumpui - Butterfly- October 2010

Sexy Pumpui - Playing with Dolls july 2010*****

Sexy Pumpui - Thai Daisy Dukes (Sexy Everyday) *****

Sexy Pumpui - Obsession - sleepless in Pattaya - jan 2010 ****

Sexy Pumpui - Feeding the Addiction- End Of Year 2009 *****

Sexy Pumpui - Fall Fling - sep 2009

Sexy Pumpui - Best of All the girls I've lubbed before*****

Blogs

Metrosexual TIps to Keep yourself in Tip-Top Shape for the TG's

Sexy Photo (Beginner's Guide)

Pumpui's Guide to Good Eatin' (Advanced Eating Guide)

Stayed twice in their best suites and both times had the same feeling, good, but not worth the money. I like the location close enough to everything, the initial wow factor is great but it wears fast.

I agree with everything you've said about the hotel. You are so spot on the money it's not funny.

extract from a TR i'm writing:

"My raise + bonus came in just before I went, so I again stayed at the big fuck off room at the dusit. I wont stay there again I don't think, it's just not as good value as it was, the room was nice the hotel is great, a lot of japanese stay there, but there were signs of ware and tare that shouldn't be in a room you pay 6-7000bht a night (walls cracking+paint flake, shitty quality of the finishings in the room, grouting/floor polishing, light switches fucked, shitty tv reception, shower takes about a year to warm up, service could be improved etc.)"

I live in a shithole in the middle of nowhere, my room would be the same size as most thai girls rooms, i'm not joking. I'm not hard to please, so I don't understand why small stuff like this wouldn't be fixed because I'm sure richer people out there would be whinging about this sort of stuff consistently.

Thanks guys for all your info & opinion.