Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Globalization

BigBangkokTheory

How do you think globalization will impact the P4P scene as the world becomes flatter? For instance, some say Thailand, Vietnam and other countries have a rising middle class (although not on the order of China or India) that will reduce the need for its citizens to enter the world's "oldest profession".

Will Thailand remain the world's brothel? Will the P4P tradition remain embedded in the culture, will prices remain (relatively) reasonable? Will Pattaya keeps its status as an adult disneyland?

I will start by predicting that P4P will remain long-term but prices will rise in the next 10-20 years, even when adjusted for inflation (I have not been to LOS yet so I am only an armchair observer at this point)

Edited by BigBangkokTheory

I am addicted to Pattaya Addicts, View New Content

How do you think globalization will impact the P4P scene as the world becomes flatter? For instance, some say Thailand, Vietnam and other countries have a rising middle class (although not on the order of China or India) that will reduce the need for its citizens to enter the world's "oldest profession".

Will Thailand remain the worlds' brothel? Will the P4P tradition remain embedded in the culture, will prices remain (relatively) reasonable? Will Pattaya keeps its status as an adult disneyland?

I will start by predicting that P4P will remain long-term but prices will rise in the next 10-20 years, even when adjusted for inflation (I have not been to LOS yet so I am only an armchair observer at this point)

Yeah, you better hurry. The clock is running and by 2099, the scene should be all but dried up! :P

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

Will Thailand remain the worlds' brothel? Will the P4P tradition remain embedded in the culture, will prices remain (relatively) reasonable? Will Pattaya keeps its status as an adult disneyland?

if a country starts to advance and gets rid of a considerable part of its P4P scene, will i get upset? hell no. more power to that country because it will be better for them as a whole. will i miss my little beautiful thai girls? certainly.

on a side note, prices will continue to rise. that's life. prices aren't the same as they were in 1972 in LOS, nor were the same in 1985. its going to keep going up and up and up.

The demographics of Thailand (DRAMATICALLY declining birth rate) is what will really affect p4p scene. I can envision in the future, girls coming from Cambodia and Myanmar to work in the bars.

I can't see how globalization will affect the p4p scene in Thailand.

What fuels it is the existence of a large, desperately poor lower class and a culture and political system which tolerates prostitution. Thailand's economy isn't headed for a golden age anytime soon and the combination of organized crime, corruption and everyday reality keeps prostitution out of the law books.

I doubt that there is any cause for major concern in the foreseeable future.

Yeah, you better hurry. The clock is running and by 2099, the scene should be all but dried up! :P
By 2099 I imagine I'll be all dried up as well.

Will Thailand remain the world's brothel? Will the P4P tradition remain embedded in the culture, will prices remain (relatively) reasonable? Will Pattaya keeps its status as an adult disneyland?

no problem in our lifetime BBT - too much poverty in Isaan........and a long line o beautiful young ladies needing to take care of mamma n pappa

Cheers,

Ozzieal

Great idea for a post mate. It is happening already without a doubt, judged by what I have seen there over the past 21 years. the effect of globalization is nearly always the same wherever it occurs, a kind of averaging out with countries becoming more and more similar in many ways.

As regards Globalization Thailand is very interesting because it has such a unique society and culture as well as a unique(ish) language.

Friends often ask me if I will retire to Thailand? and I always reply "I'll have to see what it's like when I reach retirement age"

I think it will maintain it's own identity well enough but all the cash and influence coming in from abroad will definitely change things. I don't think Thailand will be "cheap" forever.

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

10-20 years.... bro, did you know the world is gonna end on December 21, 2012? You better get all your fucking in by then! :GiveBeer1:

http://www.december212012.com/

Eat. Down. South.

:rolleyes: Nobody knows. Everything changes. I hope, Pattaya stays the same for the next years. Only a lot of construction is going on.