IGNORED

Garage Mechancics

denboy

If you have occasion to have your car serviced it is adviable to hang around and watch the mechanics and their antics.

I know it is not always possible for people to hang around waiting but I will give you an important tip which it pays to check on before driving off.

I've noticed on several occasions when watching them refit the wheels. They invaraibly use a long piece of tubing on the wheel brace to tighten the wheel nuts.

If you have a puncture along the road and miles from anywhere you will have an almost impossible job to loosen the wheel nuts ( unless you carry a piece of pipe).

It usually results in shearing the wheel studs and then you are in a bit of a hole.

I have seen this happen in garages in Pattaya, so be aware.

Cheers

This does not just happen in Pattaya, overzealous people with airguns do the same in the UK.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx