IGNORED

Areca or Sandy Springs

chusayo2003

I like Areca. Stayed there for three weeks last trip. Great breakfast if you get up that early...lol Great staff and rooms are good value for the price, 1350 baht. Here are a couple of negatives, no wireless internet (last i knew) and can't take two girls to the room. They are pretty strict on checking the girls id, which is after all not a bad deal. Soi LK Metro is an up and coming place as is Papagoya just up the street with some great FLs. I can't comment on Sandy Springs but you can't go too wrong with Areca. I will be back there 23 April.

Wheelz

You can take more than one girl to your room at Areca...but you will pay a joiner fee for the second ...third...etc

Thailand Land of Smiles

Sandy Springs has always been a good place to stay. Lots of guys stay there, it is in between Walking Street and Soi 6 (along with all of the other lower sois).

One place that I have thought to stay is the Rockhouse, very nice rooms. Also Heaven Above has rooms.

On a first trip Sandy Springs is solid. The only downfall are no in room safes, but the front desk always seems to work fine.

Stayed at both and in my opinion The Areca Lodge is better overall due to the Staff, the gym and the choice of two large pools. The Sandy Springs rooms are a little nicer and newer, but not enough to sway me away from the Areca. The Areca will also be adding a new wing sometime in the next few years.

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Have stayed at both a couple of times and would rate Sandy springs better...............slightly bigger rooms with sea view balcony and very importantly much bigger and better bed, sometimes in Areca you can get the two singles strapped together job which isnt so good.

Also for the newer maybe slightly shy guys the walk of shame isnt so bad in Sandy springs with reception set back a little from the walk through to the lift and cant remember them asking for an id but I was with my long term tgf on both stays so maybe why.

But for sure the night staff at Areca will always stop you for an id of your nightly bride and pissed me off doing this as I was with the same tgf from check in to check out................but think I was just peeved to not be getting any variety.....another story.

Also the SS rooms are entered from kind of an inner court yard as you come out of the lift so not so noisy as the inclosed corridors of the Areca where many a full on argument played out at volume ten in the wee small hours.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive stayed at Areca 7 times in the last 2 years,its a brilliant place.

2 pools,gym, 2 saunas great American breakfast etc,etc

Standard room is 1150B,and they all have balconies and in room safe.

But its hard to get in,so book early.

Ned