IGNORED

Etihad's New 'Residence' First Class Will Make You Insanely Jealous

asmodeus

For those who like to get excited about these things ;) will cost appprox $20k per ticket...nothing about if will stop in bangkok

http://flightclub.jalopnik.com/etihads-new-residence-first-class-will-make-you-insan-1571511673/all

The new products are the result of a project that began in 2008, when Etihad came to the realization that their customers' needs varied depending on the route and aircraft they were flying. So the airline has since opted for a different experience on each fleet type, rather than a cut-and-paste format like some airlines use. $20,000 is what you'll have to fork over to fly in The Residence from Abu Dhabi to London. Hogan predicts that large families and dignitaries will book the Residence.

Etihad has ten A380s on order, with the first expected to arrive this December. It will be flown from Adu Dhabi to Sydney and Melbourne, via London. Each A380 will have only one Residence on board. The Residence seating features the same leather as a Ferrari and also includes its own butler.

Etihad is calling the rest of their First Class seats "Apartments" and they're spacious in their own right.

I very much doubt they will be on the Bangkok route as that route doesn't even have first class at moment let alone need this residence,the demand just inst there for premium travellers on that route,not that i could afford it anyway

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

was also reading about this the other day, they really are upping the ante, lets see what the others do.

always travel Etihad, finally got my gold status then suddenly they came up with gold elite, not rich enough to get that, but ive been lucky with a few business class upgrades.

ps. also love the boarding music 

Sounds like a nice treat for a once in a lifetime flight experience. I flew the Concorde once for the same reason.

I was blown away when I read about this!  

Looks like it will be on the London-Abu Dhabi route, and I'm sure a connection could be made from Abu Dhabi to BKK.

I read that a one way ticket from London to Abu Dhabi will set you back a mere $20,000 USD, or about 650,000 baht.....that's a LOT of STs!  55555555

Archived