IGNORED

Carrying cash over (best way)?

hggcraig

yes, you got in just before they started refusing americans...  wish I had known, would love to have  a Kbank acct...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, you got in just before they started refusing americans...  wish I had known, would love to have  a Kbank acct...

so strange the US can pass a law that other countries will obey. No wonder so much of the world looks at us like bullies.

It's funny -- because of the Schwab account and my limited visits to Pattaya each year, I never strongly considered getting a Thai bank account....but now that I found out I CAN'T open one, I'm pissed and think that I DO want one!  5555555

I'm appalled by the shit our government has pulled over the last few years.  Not surprised at all, but still appalled....

so strange the US can pass a law that other countries will obey. No wonder so much of the world looks at us like bullies.

what they did was make it very difficult and expensive for banks to report on US citizen's accounts...  so banks are just saying no thanks to Americans now.

they may drop existing accounts too, due to the expense of the requirements...  you might want to look at alternatives in case they do...

the schwab account is a good one, no fees at all...  I am impressed... takes 2-3 business days to transfer money to the account from my main bank acct, but there are absolutely no fees at all...  for using the atms anywhere in the world, or anything...

It's funny -- because of the Schwab account and my limited visits to Pattaya each year, I never strongly considered getting a Thai bank account....but now that I found out I CAN'T open one, I'm pissed and think that I DO want one!  5555555

I'm appalled by the shit our government has pulled over the last few years.  Not surprised at all, but still appalled....

I agree, looking at becoming a citizen of Belize and renouncing my US citizenship...  takes quite a bit of time, but maybe someday I will be able to pull that off.

I just learned the US wants to tax me on money I EARN in another country too... what bullshit.

What is the maximum I can bring in to Thailand in Uk Sterling cash?

What is the maximum I can bring in to Thailand in Uk Sterling cash?

Not sure what limit is even if there is one but you must declare anything over 10,000 Euros (or sterling equivalent) leaving the uk in a declaration. If stopped on final gate and you haven't, you sure as hell wont be travelling with it.

I usually bring about US$2k in cash, in $100 dollar bills, with me (in addition to my credit/debit cards).   I carry it in my front jeans pocket and the roll never leaves that pocket until I get to the hotel and get it into the room safe.  I've never had an issue.

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

I usually bring about US$2k in cash, in $100 dollar bills, with me (in addition to my credit/debit cards).   I carry it in my front jeans pocket and the roll never leaves that pocket until I get to the hotel and get it into the room safe.  I've never had an issue.

Good reminder -- don't know if this was posted above (and I'm too lazy to look!), but bring your cash in big bills -- the exchange rate generally is far worse for lower denomination bills.

Always used traveller cheques in the past due to the extra security. I'm an anxious person but gonna bring over cash this time.

What's the best way to bring cash over on the plane?

Do you lot just stash the lot in the hotel safe? Is this advisable?

Cheers

I was a scared little boy back in 2008 when I travelled solo to Bangkok. I had these pockets made and sewn onto the inside of my pants and shorts. They are made from nylon raincoat material and are perfect for carrying cash and credit cards.

When I hit the nightlife areas being a two week millionaire I would carry most of the expected nights spend in these pockets and a much smaller amount in my wallet. I needed to drop my pants to resupply my wallet. I am not nearly as cautious these days. 5555

2014-05-15 20.11.21 (Medium).jpg

2014-05-15 20.11.55 (Medium).jpg

If I take cash I put my daily spend in envelopes ,

and then into the safe , easy to keep track on what you have and less chance of the odd 1000 baht going astray ,

save time to ,

Joe

"Hello John got a new motor ?"

Archived