IGNORED

MOTO GP THREAD 2007

layow

YEAH THE MOTO GP 2007 SERIES HAS STARTED

Opening round QATAR....DOHA (whoops) 10/03/07

>>> CASEY STONER(Ducati) wins his first moto gp race

Valentino Rossi(Yamaha) a close second.

Danny Pedrosa(Honda) a distant third.

Ducati way faster than anything else in the first round of the new engine capacity format (down from 990cc to 800cc)

The idea of limiting the speed of the bikes has become a joke as the lap record was easily broken on the smaller capacity bikes and the race time was 20 seconds faster.

Casey Stoner an Australian set the fastest lap on the last lap of the race.

World Champ Nicky Hayden(Honda) finished a poor 8th behind another Aussie Chris Vermulian(Suzuki)

John Hopkins(Suzuki) finishes 4th a great result for him and Suzuki.

Melandri 5th and Edwards 6th

With 4 different manufacturers filling the first 4 places it looks to be a great and competitive season. (No Kwakas in the top ten?)

YEAH I LOVE MOTO GP BEING BACK

Add your own comments and info/results etc please

(edited for mistakes/update)

Woody

Member since Dec 06.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• chiller

• spicymartin

• layow

• rockhard

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fantastic racing ahead this year... cant wait to see how it unfolds... still have Vale dont to win though!!

Scars are a reminder that the past was Real!

Come on "The Doctor". Rossi will have the bit between his teeth this year. Wwith loosing the title in the last race last year!! Still not sureabout these less powered bikes though.

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

bring back the two-strokes...i loved those bikes.

some great riders back then to!

Edited by lespaul5000

I will go to the USGP race to be held at Laguna Sega in Monterey, California again. I had a lot of fun last year as I was in the Ducati pits for a while.

I didn't think that this years bike would be slower because when you have near unlimited funds and just about no limit to what you can do to these bike, the factories will find a way to go fast! :22600584-Th:

Owl

Update

Edited mistakes and updated info

Rossi was typical pro conceeded to Stoner even though it appeared the Duccati had a speed advantage down the striaght.

Stoner was overwhelmed and wasn't able to talk about his first win although very happy.

A pool of fast riders is the largest for years with (I think)

Member since Dec 06.

If Rossi "conceded" anything he is not the same Rossi that punted Sete Gibernau off the track a few years ago. The fucking guy is a fierce competitor. The only way he "conceded" was if he couldn't see P1 up the track & thus hopeless.

When I said "conceded"

It was in the after race press conference, where he said Casey rode very well as apposed to saying the Duk was faster, which was

the case.

Member since Dec 06.

I had mixed feelings watching this, wanted the ozzie to win but have always been a Valentino fan. The Duke is certainly very fast and a lot more reliable than most of their road bikes, I hope!!!

A good thread, lets keep it going. Moto GP certainly puts F1 in the shade for excitement. Roll on round two.

• 2 weeks later...

Harez Spain on tomorrow 25th March

Look out for it on TV

Member since Dec 06.

Whilst being an American I want Rossi to win many more championships. Fuck Ducati.

Lap 2. The Doctor leads. No Ducati's anywhere in sight. Yamaha P1 Honda P2. Go Rossi!!!!!

Another great win for the doctor. P1 this week, P2 last week puts him 1st in the championship.

33687-9626.jpg

Double Gold Medalist. 2006 Mongering Olympics

They have this bizzare rule now where you have to pick your tyres for the race on Thursday!!!

Well done the doc.......boring race tho.......what i saw......kept fallin asleep...started 12.30 sunday night after i'd been riding.

Member since Dec 06.

Did you see him in the paddock, standing on his bike, doing his latest gag, the surfer? A look of pure joy on his face. Top step of the podium where he belongs. True Class. Congrats to Dani - second place- well done.

Troy Bayllis looses little finger in crash in the first race of the 3rd round of the world super bikes.

Ant one see the race and got results?

Member since Dec 06.

• 3 weeks later...

Turkish Moto GP on tonite 11 pm Aussie eastern time

Check your locals

Go Stoner!!!

Bloody 4 weeks between races WTF nearly as bad as the World cup cricket(what a bore)

Member since Dec 06.

Excellent race by stoner!

WTF happened to Rossi :P started pole and finished 10th

Scars are a reminder that the past was Real!

Rossi made some mistakes and may have had an engine problem, which would be from them chasing more hp to keep up with the Ducatis.

Who was that idiot that took out Vermulin, Edwards, Pedrosa forgotten his name one of the Kawasaki riders

Been along time since the Doohan days to see an Aussie runaway out front. :D:P

Member since Dec 06.

Star Sports gonna run the replay now. I'll let you know. Go Doctor!!!

Rossi runs wide in the first lap seconds before a 4 bike Crash.

• 4 weeks later...

Damm forgot to bumps this last night!!!!

And F#ckin fell asleep before it started!!!! woke up to see the start of the 250s !:-X

Saw the results!!!!

Aussies Dominate MOTO GP

Chris Vermulin FIRST Aussie

Marco Melandri SECOND?

Casey Stoner THIRD Aussie

Rain soaked event

Anyone see it?

STONER leads the points

look out for 7 races in the next 11 weeks woohoo

Member since Dec 06.

Best fucking TV ALL WEEKEND, thrills and spills and Suzy Perry :rolleyes: and after that the best road racing too. Then on ITV British superbikes, Sweet.

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."