IGNORED

"Visa company..could arrange visa renewals for foreigners ..without them needing to leave the country, for a fee of 6,000 THB."

Lifted from Thaivisa:-

Investigation finds senior Immigration Police officers linked to visa scam

Bangkok:-- Following an internal investigation, two senior Immigration Police officers have been permanently  transferred to police headquarters after it was found that they were involved in an alleged visa scam.

The two officers in question, Pol Maj Gen Kriengsak Arunsrisophon who previously held the position of the bureau's chief of Division 3, and Theerachai Detkhad who was the chief of immigration office at Sa Kaeo, were informed of their transfer on Thursday afternoon by national police chief Adul Saengsinkaew.

A source inside the bureau, who did not wish to be named, explained that an internal investigation found sufficient information which revealed that the officers may have been involved with a company that illegally arranged visas for foreign nationals in Thailand.

The investigation into this matter began when the visa company, which has not been named at this stage, claimed on its own website that it could arrange visa renewals for foreigners living in Thailand, without them needing to leave the country, for a fee of 6,000 THB.

Under Thai law, foreigners have to leave the country to renew their visas at a Thai consulate, with many foreign nationals choosing such destinations as Vientiane or Penang to renew their visa.

The source went onto to say that it is believed the two officers in question seriously abused their position within the bureau, the repercussions of which could pose a potentially great threat to national security.

It was also revealed that Pol Col Theerachai had previously worked as assistant to the police commander before he began his career in the Immigration Bureau.

Wow.Clamping down perhaps?Kinda like it.

Seen these signs in toilets and wondered how............

..................noooooo, course I didn't wonder.   :LOL2:

abuse of power, involved in scams ... will be interested to see if they end up actually getting sacked. Then we'll know if the authorities take this seriously

Looks like the two were transferred to a much cushier post with no further repercussions to career I presume.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

abuse of power, involved in scams ... will be interested to see if they end up actually getting sacked. Then we'll know if the authorities take this seriously

Looks like the two were transferred to a much cushier post with no further repercussions to career I presume.

No, I doubt we'll hear any more about it.

What interests me more in such cases is the position those with illegal visa are in, particularly those with under-the-table Retirement Extensions.

There's no way that the paperwork at Immigration re' bank deposits can be correct, so basically they don't have a visa if it ever comes to light.

And still on Pattaya one TV & other  tv commercialls the adverts  are there about "renuwing visas whiteout leaving Thailand".... :Crazy1: they even do not put it "under the table"......

Non native English writing poster, not using a spell checker !! 

the only thing i like clamping down is a tight young snatch

the only thing i like clamping down is a tight young snatch

Whoa there.

What about a nice big freshly cooked chicken leg?

I could clamp down on one of those bad boys.

Whoa there.

What about a nice big freshly cooked chicken leg?

I could clamp down on one of those bad boys.

i meant clamping down on me, ya knucklehead.

2nd post, Last year I went to Jontien with everything done legal, for retirement visa, money in my bank account, photo's, cash, proof of address with utility bills from accommodation, only to be told I need a 6 month rental agreement to qualify, but this can be waived for a fee of 8000 bht, this came from the European (MR FREDDIE) immigration official working at Jontien, more corruption even from people who you look to for advice, result is no visa, MUST THANK MR FREDDIE FOR HIS HELP.

2nd post, Last year I went to Jontien with everything done legal, for retirement visa, money in my bank account, photo's, cash, proof of address with utility bills from accommodation, only to be told I need a 6 month rental agreement to qualify, but this can be waived for a fee of 8000 bht, this came from the European (MR FREDDIE) immigration official working at Jontien, more corruption even from people who you look to for advice, result is no visa, MUST THANK MR FREDDIE FOR HIS HELP.

How did you get around this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

• 4 weeks later...

It was this Gentleman that assisted me in changing from the normal Tourist Visa to a Retirement Visa - and everything went ok. Within 2-3 days I had the Visa in my Passport.... The proof will come when I have to report for my first 90 day visit?

Archived