IGNORED

What Causes Old-People Smell?

QuotaMan

(I might need to get some of that body wash)

https://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-living/causes-old-people-smell-151800142.html

We Asked: Charlene Brannon, Ph.D., former professor of food chemistry at the University of Washington and scientific advisor at Mirai Clinical

The Answer: As we age, there are a lot ofchanges in our skin that we can see: wrinkles, sagging, dryness, etcetera and so on. There are also changes in our skin that might not be visible to the eye, but the nose surely knows. A2001 study conducted by skincare scientists in Japan found that beginning around age 40, a person's body odor contains a higher concentration of 2-Nonenal, a compound that has an unpleasant, greasy, grassy odor that we affectionately call "old-people smell."

Sebaceous glands in skin release sebum, an oily combination of lipids that helps retain moisture. The sebum produced is broken down by bacteria on the surface of the skin, which contributes tobody odor and can be exacerbated by hormonal changes and stress. In younger people, skin's natural antioxidant defenses work to prevent these fatty acid breakdown products from beingoxidized by the air and turned into other chemicals. Older skin has fewer antioxidants. That, coupled with hormonal shifts that increase lipid production by sebaceous glands, means that more of those free fatty acids will undergo oxidation. The results is an accumulation of oxidized substances including the particularly odiferous nonenal.

Because they're not water soluble, the lipids that give rise to nonenal don't wash off easily with regular soap. The company that Dr. Brannon works for, a Japanese skincare brand called Mirai, makes a body wash that specifically targets nonenal with persimmon extract. The tannins in the extract absorb up to 97 percent of the compound on the skin, according to Mirai's clinical trials.

The older we get, the more nonenal we produce. And, because nonenal is a small, volatile compound, it can be found in the air around skin, and absorbed into clothing, pillows and sofa cushions. All the while, our sense of smell deteriorates, making us less aware that it's happening. So if someone gives you a gift certificate to Mirai for your birthday, take the hint.

Mirai Purifying Body Wash

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Hmmmmm..and here I thought it was from drinking Sangsom for years and fucking TG's

I have a spray pack called "Old Sebacea".

Also available in roll on.

Known to repel young, destitute, yet curiously self obsessed, aggressive, drunken Twats, whilst enhancing the distinguished, moneyed features of older Chaps.

Fashion accessories applied as Maturity dictates.

Guaranteed not to result in losing the plot and mistreating BGs, mobile phones, or surrounding furniture or fixtures.

Interesting but be careful as this sounds like a burb for a product. Most of the details are probably correct but I am sure that this bit is crap (or at the very least misleading)...

Because they're not water soluble, the lipids that give rise to nonenal don't wash off easily with regular soap.

The reason why we use soap is that it makes it possible to dissolve fats and oils in water!

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

They generate it naturally to repell Pain in the Asses who ask dumb questions, or love to bend their ears with nonsence............ :SoWhat1:

"Cry Havoc, Then Let Slip the Dog's of War"

Maybe we just smell of decay ?, I have noticed that some old people smell of damp leaves but maybe they just have incontinence issues.

I think that old people should stay "very clean" as the clip below demonstrates its a big positive with younger people - shame it just seems to men in this one though.

In the beginning was the word and the word was "In" :ThumbUp6:

They are dead, they just havent figured it out :Think1:

I thought they just showered less and scrimped on washing machine usage.

kind of related.....

Whilst browsing the beauty product shops of pattaya this afternoon, I stumbled across a funky looking deodrant. Had to buy it as i'm just that kind of guy. Its like a solid stick of '100% ammonium alum'. You wet it and rub away. It has no scent. Googled it when i got back to condo and there's a whole world of people out there raving about this stuff. Tomorrow, i'm going to see how bad i don't smell. Wish me luck.   

The reason many old people smell is because many old people don't really give a fuck and don't take good care of their hygiene anymore. My own mum lived alone as a widow for about 15 years and she would go days without bathing because she lived alone and couldn't give a fuck. When I went to visit my mum she always smelled of BO. A couple years ago my mum had a stroke and is now in an age-care home. Every morning age-care workers come into the old dears' rooms and undress them and put them in the showers and give them a good washing. So everytime I went to visit my mum in the age-care home she always smelled nice and fresh and clean, despite the fact that she's 91yo. So there's the difference between an old lady smelling bad and smelling nice = soap & water.

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

I thought they just showered less and scrimped on washing machine usage.

kind of related.....

Whilst browsing the beauty product shops of pattaya this afternoon, I stumbled across a funky looking deodrant. Had to buy it as i'm just that kind of guy. Its like a solid stick of '100% ammonium alum'. You wet it and rub away. It has no scent. Googled it when i got back to condo and there's a whole world of people out there raving about this stuff. Tomorrow, i'm going to see how bad i don't smell. Wish me luck.   

Have used 20 to 40 % to stop the wet pits. Do not put this anywhere you might actually want to sweat.

Thats why you see bar girls wiping some farangs with them little white towel things, the hot weather sure brings out something other than their inhibitions.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

The reason many old people smell is because many old people don't really give a fuck and don't take good care of their hygiene anymore. My own mum lived alone as a widow for about 15 years and she would go days without bathing because she lived alone and couldn't give a fuck. When I went to visit my mum she always smelled of BO. A couple years ago my mum had a stroke and is now in an age-care home. Every morning age-care workers come into the old dears' rooms and undress them and put them in the showers and give them a good washing. So everytime I went to visit my mum in the age-care home she always smelled nice and fresh and clean, despite the fact that she's 91yo. So there's the difference between an old lady smelling bad and smelling nice = soap & water.

fcuk me, when my mom went into a nursing (age-care) home here in Canada they budgeted 1 shower/bath per week. Disgusting.

Thats why you see bar girls wiping some farangs with them little white towel things, the hot weather sure brings out something other than their inhibitions.

The worst I've smelled was a young Russian man who reached up to hold on overhead on the Baht-bus. I considered jumping off the back.

The though of a nursing home makes "jumping" on my terms a proposition worth considering IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Daryle

It's the diapers. We can never change them fast enough.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and called me honey.

I did not know her name, I did not know her name but I sure did love the way she laughed and took my money.

after age 40, getting older causes old people smell...   :Crazy1:

BTW, thanks for this; it is truly nice to know there is a product out there to help combat that. 

Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once.

Wash your arm pits and use deodorant, brush your teeth, wash your dick and wash your a hole and all should be sweet.

The old man smell is due to hygiene issues, period! Shower twice a day minimum when in the tropics using normal soap and a long handled brush for your back and you should be fine unless you have special skin issues. 

Was your mum a pom ? 5555

I have a plentiful supply of duodenum vapors. They mask bodily smells, and give one a lasting sense of warmth and comfort.

Was your mum a pom ? 5555

100% simon-pure card-carrying pom. Born within the sound of Bow Bells London, and migrated to Fremantle for a tenner in 1951...lol

Women are made to be loved, not understood.

Archived