IGNORED

Sophon Problems

dthomasss

About six weeks ago there was a large "bang" just outside our Mooban on Soi Bongkot. The electricity didn't go out but Sophon Cable did. About an hour later I noticed a Sophon truck was working on the electricity pole just outside the Mooban entrance. The main outlet in our living room came back online, but all the others (downstairs and upstairs remained dead.

I called Sophon and they sent a truck out. They informed me there was no power to any of the other outlets and the problem was in our inside wiring. We were given two choices: They could run new wiring inside the house to all the outlets at 420 baht each, but that would mean cables all over the house and up the stairs, or they said we would have to hire an electrician to come in and do rewiring in the walls. It does seem an unlikely coincidence that the problem is unrelated to to the initial outside problem, but our choices are to pay for repairs or go without any TV in the bedrooms or downstairs office.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a quality electrician?

Archived