IGNORED

Brunei

Minted

Hi guys,

Will be coming to LOS at end of September. But I have a 17 hour stopover in Brunei.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this before. And can you tell me if there is anything to do there, or if they have any night life spots I should check out.

I don't want to waste time looking around, as I will spend some of that time in the sack sleeping.

Thanks guys

M.

17 hours layover? thats a lot, mate. what sort of price did you pay for your flight?

Brunei? I hear it is a very conservative country, where it will even be difficult to find a drink. I doubt you'll see much in the way of nightlife. Anyway, the Palace and mosques do look very impressive, so some sight seeing should definitely be in order.

See if the Sultans garage is open, easily the best collecting of cars and bikes that I have ever seen.

I once went there on an auction day and could not believe how cheap it was.

I just spent almost 4 weeks there and have transited through the airport many times. The airport is crap and not suitable for a 17 hour layover. While I was there I was working a lot so didn't get out and about. However, from what I seen and was told you can forget about any fun with ladies and drinking. Thare are no bars and it is a dry country. I am sure there is some lady fun to be had but I expect that is is very well hidden. Perhaps a taxi driver may be able to help you out. Best plan would be to get a hotel room and rest up. If you want a few drinks you can bring up to 2 bottles of spirits and 6 cans of beer into the country but you have to fill out a permit form at customs.

On an Aussie passport you will have to get a visa on arrival. There is only one counter at immigration and it is the one on the right as you approach immigration. Ask for a transit visa. You will need 5 Brunei or Singaporian dollars for this and no other currencies are accepted.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Thanks for the reply's guys. And thanks Scumbag for the info about the Visa.

The reason I chose Royal Brunie Airlines is it was $400 cheaper than anyone else. And they will put me up in a hotel over night. I arrive 5:30pm and don't leave till 10:30am next morning.

Ok so I might just get a bit of sight seeing in. A different experience.

Thanks again guys, Cheers.

M.