Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Any one of you know any of these Hotels (personally)... ?

Hotrod

Hello Gentlemen

Does any one (or more, lol) of you know any of these particular hotels (personally)... ??

And could give me (and other BM's) "the scoop", also in regards of "girl-friendliness" / joiner-fee(s), etc... = ?

Maybe you found a great way on how to book (any of) these (below) hotels at the "cheapest possible price" (guess we' re all always interested in that)... = ?

Well, here then are the hotels that interest me more (then others):

hotel Windsor Suites

Salil hotel Sukhumvit

Ambassador Bangkok

Admiral Suites

Arize hotel Sukhumvit

Grand President Bangkok

Omni Tower

Aspen Suites Bangkok

hotel Mermaid

Royal President

Le Fenix Sukhumvit

Sorry Gentlemen, if I have to ask you this here... But other then the last hotel (Le Fenix, which is a 3 Star), these other hotels (seam to) all be rated as 4 Star properties (are they really) ?

There are SOOO many hotels in Bangkok, that it is "insane"... ! - And hence maybe one of you has "the inside story" (good or bad) - or... has a TOTALLY different hotel that you would recommend (something a bit "nicer", similar like the above Hotels)... If so, then please let me know here (and I am sure that other BM's would also appreciate the info).

What I am looking for is a (along Sukhumvit, somewhere between Soi 2 and 20, I guess is the best location... ?) nice, decent hotel, with nice, "upgraded" / "updated" rooms, which is "girl-friendly" (/ preferably no joiner-fee... hmm, just sayin').

ANY information (in particular, but not exclusively) regarding any of the above hotels will be much appreciated ! I am already looking forward to hear from you ! Thank you !

Best regards,

Hotrod 

* HOTROD * (JamesEB) *@ The Lewis Grand Hotel"Where Luxury is affordable"!@ www.LewisGrand.comAngeles City, Philippineslgh_logo.jpghttp://lewisgrand.com/photos/ 

Nope but i'm pretty sure ghosty the bkk expert will shed some light on it soon for you

I work hard to support those on benefits! :Banghead2:

Agreed. It is insane for a newb like me (and probably you too). I've been using hostel world and TripAdvisor to scope out potential stays in Bangkok, but I'm only chilling there for a few days before hitting Patts. I figure that even if I stay at a bad place, at least I won't be there long!

I have stayed at Omni Tower a few times, always got a free upgrade too.

1 bedroom apartments are nice and spacious. Only downside is the breakfast which I didn't think much of.

I always booked direct on their website, wasn't any dearer than Agoda or expedia.

I now stay at The Dawin which is next door to Omni Tower. It has smaller rooms, but the restaurant and breakfast are far better.

Both hotels are only a short walk from the main bars, and 5 minutes walk to Nana BTS.

Earning money for my next Thai flight

I have stayed at the Aspen Suites,its ok, girl friendly, but totally non smoking.Ambassador not girl friendly

Hello Gentlemen

Does any one (or more, lol) of you know any of these particular Hotels (personally)... ??

And could give me (and other BM's) "the scoop", also in regards of "girl-friendliness" / joiner-fee(s), etc... = ?

Maybe you found a great way on how to book (any of) these (below) Hotels at the "cheapest possible price" (guess we' re all always interested in that)... = ?

Well, here then are the Hotels that interest me more (then others):

Hotel Windsor Suites

Salil Hotel Sukhumvit

Ambassador Bangkok

Admiral Suites

Arize Hotel Sukhumvit

Grand President Bangkok

Omni Tower

Aspen Suites Bangkok

Hotel Mermaid

Royal President

Le Fenix Sukhumvit

Sorry Gentlemen, if I have to ask you this here... But other then the last Hotel (Le Fenix, which is a 3 Star), these other Hotels (seam to) all be rated as 4 Star properties (are they really) ?

There are SOOO many Hotels in Bangkok, that it is "insane"... ! - And hence maybe one of you has "the inside story" (good or bad) - or... has a TOTALLY different Hotel that you would recommend (something a bit "nicer", similar like the above Hotels)... If so, then please let me know here (and I am sure that other BM's would also appreciate the info).

What I am looking for is a (along Sukhumvit, somewhere between Soi 2 and 20, I guess is the best location... ?) nice, decent Hotel, with nice, "upgraded" / "updated" rooms, which is "girl-friendly" (/ preferably no joiner-fee... hmm, just sayin').

ANY information (in particular, but not exclusively) regarding any of the above Hotels will be much appreciated ! I am already looking forward to hear from you ! Thank you !

Best regards,

Hotrod 

IMO.

hotel Windsor Suites =  ok

Salil hotel Sukhumvit

Ambassador Bangkok = Shit hole.

Admiral Suites

Arize hotel Sukhumvit

Grand President Bangkok = OK.

Omni Tower

Aspen Suites Bangkok = OK.

hotel Mermaid

Royal President = Very good.

Le Fenix Sukhumvit

That said many better hotels with good locations.

May be tell the guys your budget & they will recommend places for you along with some sample pics.

:Wassup1: 

That said many better hotels with good locations.

May be tell the guys your budget & they will recommend places for you along with some sample pics.

Agreed.  None of the above hotels would be in my top half-dozen hotels on lower Suk.  Using a comparison site such as Combined Hotels gives a fairly good guide of quality and price.

Arize is supposed to be pretty good. The rest have seen better days. Aspen Suites has been going cheap lately. I booked it for <1000B all in recently, but I found something better and cancelled. For value & quality, look at the Golden Tulip on 20, Admiral Premier on 23, & all the Citadines. If you don't need a pool, I've got other suggestions for you. Hotelscombined is probably these best comparison site. I take a look at Hipmunk too.

When im bangkok I always stay in The Grand Inn on soi 3 , very close to the Nana Plaza and a short wak to soi 7 and soi7/1 . never had an issue and i have stayed there over 7 times . My mates enjoys staying in the dream hotel on Soi 15 , the rooms are very nice and its guest friendly but the prices have been creeping up due to its popularity.

Wow, thank you Gentlemen for the various good and helpful replies... !   (And please keep them coming...).

I found interesting that - for example - the Ambassador was referred to as NOT being girl-friendly, especially knowing that they have that (a bit) seedy Discotheque in their Basement... and one BM here even called it a "Shit hole".  Judging from the pictures which I have seen on the Internet, I would have never thought that... So thank you (all) for the heads-up... ! I think this is certainly one of the strengths of a great Website like this...

Problem now is that "now I don' t only know which of the hotels on 'my list' (other then the Ambassador Hotel) I should take, but now I also have a bunch of additional names", which could also be well worth while (as they were recommended by some of the BM's here). - So now my "list of possible choices" has not become smaller, but actually bigger, lol !

One BM said that I should maybe state the price that I am looking for to pay (or less, less is always better, lol), and since I found most of the above hotels to cost around (+ / -) Baht 1'350 (without breakfast - from what I have learned...), I guess that that would be about my limit. Now another BM said that he found one of the hotels that I' m interested in (for which I was also quoted about Baht 1'350), for just Baht 1'000, all inclusive... Wow... that is of course a GREAT price... ! Cool !   (Edit: I almost forgot, I do not need a Pool... just sayin').

So, please keep the (additional) info coming... they are certainly much appreciated ! - I' m looking forward to travel to Thailand and to stay in Bangkok already soon... and thanks to Pattaya-Addicts and the BM's here, that will be in style (and at a good / the best possible ? price), lol ! Thank you !

Wishing one and all a nice & fun Saturday evening, and a relaxing Weekend !   :hello09:

Best regards,

Hotrod 

* HOTROD * (JamesEB) *@ The Lewis Grand Hotel"Where Luxury is affordable"!@ www.LewisGrand.comAngeles City, Philippineslgh_logo.jpghttp://lewisgrand.com/photos/ 

No pool, OK add S Sukhumvit Suites (high end & you cannot get a better location), Silk, Kingston Suites (huge rooms), Fusion Suites, Grottino, Majestic Suites, On 8, Best Western on 20. I cancelled the 1000B Aspen Suites deal already because I found a new 5 star Marriott Sukhumvit for 2500 all in. Sorry, to be honest with you your list pretty much sucks. Best deal I saw today was Lohas Suites on Soi 2 on Ebookers for $46 all in.They just rebranded from the Amari Residence and maybe they dropped the price due to the confusion. New place, rooms are huge, nice gym, quiet Soi, great pool. Right next to Aspen Suites & Solo2 and an easy walk to Nana & Soi 4. I may pull the trigger myself and save the $$. Straight up cheap ? - Darjelling, Boss Suites, & Monaco are decent 3 stars and around 1000.

WOW ! What a plethora of information... Great !

Actually, it is REALLY great... However, now I am more confused then ever before... lol !  :Dream1:

"Why" just are there SOOOOO many hotels in Bangkok (and these are just the ones on Sukhumvit) ?!

Amazing !     " :Noob2: "

So "WHICH ONE"... A question that I find now harder to answer then ever before... !   :LOL2:

Anyway, I still have some time... and if other BM's will also chip in (maybe limiting their recommendations on names of hotels so far listed in this Thread), then that would be very helpful !

Thank you !

Best regards,

Hotrod

PS: I have tried to "like" more Posts in this Thread, but it seams that the software only allows "4 likes a day", or something... (anyway, I had this before, in an other Thread... I can only "like" 4 posts a day, strange... lol).

Best deal I saw today was Lohas Suites on Soi 2 on Ebookers for $46 all in.They just rebranded from the Amari Residence and maybe they dropped the price due to the confusion. New place, rooms are huge, nice gym, quiet Soi, great pool. Right next to Aspen Suites & Solo2 and an easy walk to Nana & Soi 4. I may pull the trigger myself and save the $$. Straight up cheap ? - Darjelling, Boss Suites, & Monaco are decent 3 stars and around 1000.

Thanks for that.  Just booked two nights for 55 quid incl tax for a 45 m2 room.  Can't get much better than that.

Screen Shot 2014-04-26 at 20.09.02.jpg

hotel Windsor Suites is ok

Salil hotel Sukhumvit is ok

Ambassador Bangkok is not ok

Admiral Suites is good

Arize hotel Sukhumvit is ok

Grand President Bangkok is ok

Omni Tower is not ok

Aspen Suites Bangkok is ok

hotel Mermaid is ok

Royal President is good.

Le Fenix Sukhumvit - not aware

this is personal view however may be for one tourist, a hotel is too good whereas for other it might be bad, it all depends upon timing and how hotel staff respond to the tourist. If staff is friendly even a less luxurious hotel could be great, i believe.

I would also say trip advisor might give you better insight.

Stayed at GP and Omni Towers....GP is better and has a great buffet breakfast,pool and close to the action. Omni Towers is full of Arabs,Indians,breakfast is shitful so are the rooms imho

Agreed.  None of the above hotels would be in my top half-dozen hotels on lower Suk.  Using a comparison site such as Combined Hotels gives a fairly good guide of quality and price.

Thanks for the info, I agree. 

When im bangkok I always stay in The Grand Inn on soi 3 , very close to the Nana Plaza and a short wak to soi 7 and soi7/1 . never had an issue and i have stayed there over 7 times . My mates enjoys staying in the dream hotel on soi 15 , the rooms are very nice and its guest friendly but the prices have been creeping up due to its popularity.

The Grande Inn is old & with respect in Arab town.

Future more a death trap waiting to happen as the fire exists are poor at best.

Trip cost

hotel (2 nights)

1 guest £96.02 avg/night £192.04

EXCLUSIVE! EBK - Book Now & Save 50% -£96.02

Taxes and fees £9.52

Total trip cost £105.54

Your savings £96.02

Tried to also quote the Lohas Suites Sukhumvit by SuperHotel (looks good to me)... - However, I unfortunately got a totally different price (double !). And that is in rainy season and during the week... hmmmmmmm... ?! - Hence I din' t make any booking yet... So please keep the info coming, thank you !

Wishing you all a relaxing Sunday and a great upcoming week !

Best regards,

Hotrod

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the posts.  I'm curious about Arize as well.

Windsor Suites is not guest friendly. It's also showing it's age.

Retired

Archived