Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hong Kong with my girlfriend

FatPanda

Hi,

In less then 2 months, I will travel to Thailand.

Me and my girlfriend is now planing to travel from Bangkok to Hong Kong.

This will be our first trip together outside Thailand, so I want to dobbel check everything before booking plane tickets and hotels. We will be there for around 2 weeks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Thai_citizens#cite_note-37

From this link, everything she need is a thai passport. Visa not required.

Is there anything I should think about? Departure fees?

Thanks for the help guys.

Took my lady a couple of years ago and you are correct there is no need for a visa for her. Only problem we had was the Chinese food as she was not keen on it at all, she has been to Europe lots before so no problem as we ate everything except Chinese.

Booked air asia for flights and used Agoda for hotels.

Taxis are expensive although the train/underground system is superb and easy to use. Worth going to see the big Buddah about 30 mins on train then short bus trip or sky lift up the mountain..

Happy holidays 

Big C

Thanks Big C, I will put that on "To do list" and see what we end up with.

We now plan 1 week for the trip, so its limited of time. Will try to do the most of it, so we need to find hotel that are close to everything we want to see and do.

Need to fix her passport, since the date has expired :) I think we need this, book the ticket as vel, since the Thai ID is only for in Thailand.

Last time i took thai girl with me to HK, immigration staff in Hong Kong took her for interview to check if she was going just for holiday or for prostitution work. I don't know how common is that practice but that was annoying to say the least.

Girl was 21 years old and i look young also so maybe that was because of that.

There are some decent thai restaurants in hk so you should be ok with food :), though the prices are 2-3x higher than in Thailand but still reasonable.

I took a filipina girl to HK a couple of years ago. As long as her passport has more than 6 months to expiry you are good to go, nothing else to worry about

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Took my Thai lady there last year you both need passports but they dont stamp them just put a ticket inside when you arrive and remove it when you leave.

We stayed for 5 days and had a great time we planned our days before we went so as not to waste time. We went to the Temple Street & Lady Street Night markets good shopping but very pushy and agressive to sell you stuff like tee shirts/jeans and electronics.

We decided to go to Ocean World theme park instead of Disneyland as we were told that Disneyland was better for younger kids with parents but we had a great day at Ocean world.

We went one day to see the giant Buddha on top of mountain you go there by glass bottom cable car for miles fantastic view and another fun day out.

We went for a ride on the harbour ferry's, Midtown escalators, Happy Valley horse racing we went everywhere on public transport and some taxis to use the public transport you buy a card and top it up when it gets low.

You can buy theses at the airport and then get a train to whatever part of hong kong your hotel is I recommend it and your Thai Lady will love the change in culture

Took my Filipina there 1 month ago & whilst they didn't take her into the office, the immigration lady grilled her for 5 minutes until I produced onward flight details (not only the return to Singapore, but her return ticket to Philippines from Singapore) & hotel booking (if possible, get your gfs name on the booking as I think that's what the immigration officer was looking for)

Gf is 30 & I'm 48 (tho look younger) and she always dresses conservatively when we're traveling, but I think the female officers always give any single girls traveling a much harder time than the male officers.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my TGF there 2 weeks ago and she was interviewed for ten minutes. Questions about my birthday and how we met and what uni she went to. All alot of crap but they let her go in the end

I have taken my filipina GF to HKK twice with no problems. No interview and straight through immigration. Leaving the Philippines was a very different story though. !!

There's a domestic worker queue at immigration,,all philo, indo, thai, ladies queuing up to get in on their domestic helper visas.

I was there 4 weeks ago with TG and told her if she didn't behave I'd make her line up over there :-) Her brain was ticking 

No probs though, they smiled and said have a great holiday

ummm

• 1 month later...

Took my TGF to HK back in March. She flew from Bangkok and I flew from Singapore and I timed our flights so that I met her airside before immigration, so we could go through together as we have done twice before. This time they stopped her (and a number of other Thai girls) straight as they disembarked from the airbridge. 

They grilled her about where she was staying and what she was doing. She speaks pretty good English, knew the name of the hotel (even had pictures of the room on her phone from the previous trip) and reeled off all the tourist sights she could think of. They only kept her about 2 minutes, but they were giving the other girls a hard time. 

When we met up and went through immigration proper the guy never said a word.

Took my TGF to HK back in March. She flew from Bangkok and I flew from Singapore and I timed our flights so that I met her airside before immigration, so we could go through together as we have done twice before. This time they stopped her (and a number of other Thai girls) straight as they disembarked from the airbridge. 

They grilled her about where she was staying and what she was doing. She speaks pretty good English, knew the name of the hotel (even had pictures of the room on her phone from the previous trip) and reeled off all the tourist sights she could think of. They only kept her about 2 minutes, but they were giving the other girls a hard time. 

When we met up and went through immigration proper the guy never said a word.

I guess they wanted to check the quality of prostitutes coming in. :)

With regards to previous post if there is a vacancy for the testing officer I would like to apply :GoldenSmile1:

With regards to previous post if there is a vacancy for the testing officer I would like to apply :GoldenSmile1:

I will let you when i resign from that position.

Archived