IGNORED

Air Asia promos

GoGo

Trying to book a flight and their promo rates are 300 baht each way. So I click that flight but when it comes to the checkout page, all taxes included are over 2000 baht. 4000 round trip to another country all included is still really cheap but still WTF?! Are the taxes and fees about 1700 baht then?? :Jump_Drool:

yes correct, but most of it could be fuel surcharge

For all your Pattaya Golf and Hotel Reservations visit www.pattayagolf.com

The same with budget airlines the world over, the bargain seems less of a bargain when confirming booking and even less when checking in luggage as they are extremely strict on excess baggage.

I travelled with Air asia (good flight) from Kuala Lumpur to Bkk last year and had to wait in the busiest excess baggage queue I had ever seen and was charged an extra 1600bht equivalent to travel.

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

same as the UK when you book a 99p flight with BMI or Easyjet etc - never what it says on the tin always plenty of tax to pay - with Air Asia watch out for the excess baggage weight charge ( only allowed 15 kilos ) they get me every time for 500baht or so , and they have just introduced a baggage charge per item , i think 50 baht per bag , tells you on the website

and they have just introduced a baggage charge per item , i think 50 baht per bag , tells you on the website

It's 30 baht if booked on their site. 50 at the counter. As most of their flights aren't full, I'm thinking of doing more carry on and beat the rush at immigration. Looks good at 4k baht return to Hanoi, Vietnam. If I bring 2 carry ons with my laptop, I think I'll be OK as I saw many others doing it recently. The flight attendants for Air Asia are very hot. They have a very nice hot and spicy tom yum on board that's really nice if you're doing domestic (60 baht).

Trying to book a flight and their promo rates are 300 baht each way. So I click that flight but when it comes to the checkout page, all taxes included are over 2000 baht. 4000 round trip to another country all included is still really cheap but still WTF?! Are the taxes and fees about 1700 baht then?? :Party1:

We have just booked our flights with Air Asia and you need to watch the small print, they only allow 15KGs of checked luggage and it seems they are allowing some to take 60 kilos on in several bags for free and are rigidly enforcing the 15 Kg rule for some at $5 dollars a kilo no prizes as to who they are...

They are no longer a "cheap" airline, there is a definite closing of ranks on pricing and there is not much difference between them all, we are flying with them from Bangkok to Saigon, this was the cheapest but only because its a new route and only by $30....

The Bangkok to Udon Thani flight has gone up by just over 150% for the same flight this time last year, no other airlines have gone up by this much not even BA would get away with this, look at the prices they charge for flights within Malaysia and compare them....

Fuel is not taxed to same levels as in the UK other countries and lets not forget that Malaysia is oil producer, the way prices are going many will look seriously at there travel plans, flying 6000 miles plus and paying a fair price is one thing, flying 6000 miles and getting ripped off is another....

Just my thoughts...

Trying to book a flight and their promo rates are 300 baht each way. So I click that flight but when it comes to the checkout page, all taxes included are over 2000 baht. 4000 round trip to another country all included is still really cheap but still WTF?! Are the taxes and fees about 1700 baht then?? :P

You really didn't think you were getting on a plane for $10 USD dollars did you? I'm flying with them from Phuket to Bangkok for about $50 USD and that's fine by me!

Eat. Down. South.

• 2 weeks later...

From suvarnabhumi airport I find Air Asia give the best rates as it is one of the only LCC left here. Even if they don't advertise the Full price you are paying with all the add ons.

They can be very strict with excess baggage... Last time I flew with them I was 2KG over and had to pay 160 THB...

I booked next month for a 2 day trip to phukett from bangkok and it was only $60AU return ... cheap as ... so easy. Now factor in the taxi to bangkok airport and then phukett to Patong and then back and then back to apttaya from bangkok and well ... not so cheap. OOPS ! shall be fun though.

If Air Asia is comparable in price to a major airline then always choose the major airline. Even if it is just a little more for the full carrier it is well worth it for the added conveniences. A lot of times Air Asia prices just don't make sense. I can get Swiss Air for around 6000B rt BKK-SIN, so why pay 5,000B for Air Asia?

Where do you blokes go to book your tickets then? I asked at that counter in TukCom and they tacked on an extra B1000 over the website price.

Be scene and not herd.

Just go online create an account and your up and running...

I have just been charged 3600 THB to change a flight, when it clearly states in the terms and conditions that it should be 500 THB I lodged a complaint with ERA Consumer Malaysia and air asia are in direct e-mail contact with me within 20 minutes of the complaint being lodged...

I had no option to pay it was pay or forfeit the flight NO REFUNDS if you cancel, cheap and cheerful flights will soon be history and many budget airlines will go bust, so always pay by credit card...

I just booked a flight from Bangkok to Singapore on Air Asia. You definitely have to read the fine print or it's easy to accidentally add extra charges to your base fare. They try to add travel insurance to your flight as well. You have to explicitly opt-out of this prior to submitting your payments. The wording is kind of tricky though, so be sure to read everything and take your time as you go through the booking process.