IGNORED

Hard Rock Hotel

Amsterdave

Hey BM's,

In Pattaya a few weeks back and stayed at the Hard Rock for a couple of days! It's a pretty cool hotel and keeps to USD pricing so it can be a little expensive when it comes to rooms, drinks and food! I took an Executive Floor Room which are located from the 10th floor and up. The room was about $125/night, however, I'm working in the UK so the price was reasonable at only £62!

The Executive rooms provide their own club on the 10th floor with free drinks every night from 7-8pm, free breakfast, internet and exclusive checkout from the desk in the club. A good touch although I only took advantage of the drinks 1 night! When checking in always look to their website for specials and book the room for two persons. They are known to try and charge guest fees but when I have booked the room for two there has not been any problems. I kept the same little hottie for a few nights and registered her at the front desk so never was questioned after that again.

The rooms are great and have high speed internet, ipod ports on the stereo, huge bathroom with climb in tub, black out shades and wall-to-wall windows. Each room goes out to the balcony overlooking the bay! Dont get any rooms facing the city as the view is crap and its not that much cheaper. The pool was great for lounging, people watching, drinking at the swim-up bar and jumping on the water trampoline. The only downside was quite a few families come for the kiddie pool so its possible you could have some screaming kids running around and pissing in the pool! If you keep your catch from the night then she will love hanging out and swimming at the huge unique pool which looks like a beach and has huge rocks in the middle to lounge on. Here are my pros and cons with a few pic's to make the review a little better to live with:

Pros-

Good location across from the beach

Cool swimming pool with swim up bar and some good bartenders (tip them well and ask for the large beer glass which is basically two beers)

Live bands at pool on weekend

Excellent Rooms with great views, cable and stereos

High Speed internet included in room price

Huge buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner (dinner is overpriced but the BBQ was good and it was something else to see a whole pig being roasted over pit during the day)

Hard Rock Bar is fun and has a few free lancers checking things out!

Close to Soi 6, 7 & 8

Everything can be charged to your room with Hard Rock card!

Cons-

Seems like I'm at a nice hotel back in the USA

Very Very family friendly (don't get me wrong I love family and kids but not when I'm hunting in Thailand)

Some what expensive

-rooms

-bar/drinks

-food

Guest fee (800bht)

All in all this is a good hotel if your looking for a few days away from BKK hunting Thai pussy and hanging at the pool either with your honeyko or friends.

Cheers,

Dave

post-14633-1212609647_thumbjpg

post-14633-1212609890_thumbjpg

post-14633-1212609953_thumbjpg

post-14633-1212610112_thumbjpg

post-14633-1212610228_thumbjpg

post-14633-1212610334_thumbjpg

post-14633-1212610793_thumbjpg

thank you very much for the info.. its great to hear about this place as i was looking at it for a while now...

for the price and what you get its kind of on the expensive side.. but the place looks very good... again thank you..

and yes the girls look good too.. :rolleyes:

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

The "furniture" and indoor "decorations" make the price almost negligible... almost.

"Debauchery University post-graduate sabbatical"

Nice pics but I thought us non trusted members could not view such pics hopefully I am wrong though lets party :rolleyes:

Edited by CML

more of a family orientated hotel rather than one for mongers. Any hotels charging a joiner fee gets a straight no no from me :rolleyes:

There are many other hotels to choose from than this. The thing about the hard rock is it's just a name, with over-the-top-prices.

The placelooks good and Ilike a bit of comfort during a 2 week break.

My only problem is the risk of getting a prick of a security guard/receptionist and getting charged almost £200 joiners fee over the trip.

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

looks good but a bit to family friendly for me.

Rather pay same sort of money and stay somewhere um .....more for the mongrel lol

post-14633-1212609647.jpg

I can't tell you how many ways this reminds me of my job in Las Vegas bro.... that's a great pic. If only I could bring my camera into work...

Eat. Down. South.

post-14633-1212609647.jpg

I can't tell you how many ways this reminds me of my job in Las Vegas bro.... that's a great pic. If only I could bring my camera into work...

I went to University in Texas and made it a point to visit Vegas on a regular basis.....this HR is no where near the scale of HR Vegas! Actually not too many hotels can match up to the Vegas HR, especially the pool during the day! Anyone who has been there will know exactly what I'm talking about.... Cheers DC

• 9 months later...
more of a family orientated hotel rather than one for mongers. Any hotels charging a joiner fee gets a straight no no from me :WTF1:

There are many other hotels to choose from than this. The thing about the hard rock is it's just a name, with over-the-top-prices.

I agree. Leave the HR to the family oriented crowd. I'll take Sandy Springs on Soi 13.

It looks really nice, but seems more for people who either have a lot of money or only vacation once every year. Personally, i prefer to spend less on a room and

more on having fun. For the money saved not staying at HR cafe, i could easily take a second trip somewhere :P

Also, i'd actually pay extra to not have kids running around the pool. Not a nice way to spend a hangover.....

• 1 month later...

Is the Hard Rock hotel 100% guest friendly when booking a room for 2? What deposit is required if you dont want to sign a blank credit card slip upon checking in?

nice pics, thanks for the info, was wondering what the rooms was like, stop in the restaurant 2 nights ago and the prices was high but the food was good and American portions(more food) not thai portions and not a thai menu so like you say its got that american concept saw kids in there so yes lots of families stay there

nice pics, thanks for the info, was wondering what the rooms was like, stop in the restaurant 2 nights ago and the prices was high but the food was good and American portions(more food) not thai portions and not a thai menu so like you say its got that american concept saw kids in there so yes lots of families stay there

Nice pics......i stayed there (HR ) my first 2 trips in 07......same feeling, not guest friendly at all....and for the price, rooms were not that nice either, pool area was great...... a family hotel.....guess i agree with your report.

Nice pics......i stayed there (HR ) my first 2 trips in 07......same feeling, not guest friendly at all....and for the price, rooms were not that nice either, pool area was great...... a family hotel.....guess i agree with your report.

I stayed there my 1st two trips to Pattaya -Christmas 07 & 08 both times they upgraded me to a suite. HR was girl friendly then with no extra charge. The club floor was good- food, drinks and staff was friendly. Overall though the hotel was a bit spendy. Now I stay close to WS for less than 1200BHT/ pm. The money saved goes a long way to having fun.

The funny thing is that the bar at the HR in Vegas (the one in the middle of the gaming floor) is almost like a bear bar in Pattaya, only without the barfines. It seems some nights that almost all the girls are working. They even quote the same prices (500-1,000 short time, 1,000-2,500 long time), the only problem is they are quoting in U.S. dollars and not in baht!