IGNORED

British airways

gmoule

well looks like the end is nigh,with british airways leading the pack increasing fuel surcharges,£60 per round trip on long haul over 9 hours.as if it wernt expensive enough to fly already

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

i heard japan airline did it too recently...

its BETTER to be PISSED OFF then PISSED ON!!!..

Made a BA booking two days ago , not sure if I missed it or not ? Prices seem to be increasing all the time .

You can be on the right track and still get hit by a train .

yeah ba has gone ridiculous i look for flying out in oct an comin bk mid nov,800 they wanted

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

BA. never shy to past the cost on , next on the list will be paying to check bags in, AA. as done in the USA . Then meals which i won t mind i hate the meals on the planes .......

Why fly with BA? They are an overpriced shit airline, fly with a middle eastern airline like Etihad or Emirates they get their fuel at the source and cheaper.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

Well I guess even the airlines have to pay for fuel, and in todays volatile fuel climate I think they have done well to keep the prices reasonable , the airline industry being an extremely competitive market does work a bit in our favour

I think its all airlines, 3 days ago i booked a flight from LON to Mumbai for 389 quid on Emirates, yesterday the price went to book one for my friend and it had shot up to 489 pounds. :(

I think its all airlines, 3 days ago i booked a flight from LON to Mumbai for 389 quid on Emirates, yesterday the price went to book one for my friend and it had shot up to 489 pounds. :(

Doubt that is fuel prices. Airlines tend to sell seats for various prices and the less seats left on the plane the more they cost.

FatBob.

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

I have read in a flight mag that most long haul flights will put 60 pounds sterling or up to 120 pounds sterling from the uk due to extra prices with fuel costs.

The days of cheap flights have come to a end in my opinion and I think its time to fly a lot less and stay a lot longer............ :Good_Job::10::P:D:Flying:

Ethihad has still just got the best prices at this time.

Thai airways has got its head up its hole and has become the most expensive economy seat UK-BKK........................

China air.................Regional to Amsterdam and on to BKK is also a good price if booked in advance.

Air fare up, hotels up and the Heaven and its extras are increasing in price........................

Thai Tony.

Doubt that is fuel prices. Airlines tend to sell seats for various prices and the less seats left on the plane the more they cost.

FatBob.

That is true FatBob, but there are a lot more variables that come in to play, in a write up in our last weekend paper they were questioning when passengers were going to have to pay for how much they weigh, ie stand on a scale, they wouldn't be as blatant as that but the cost will be built in somehow and if the flights are full to a particular destination most times , then you are going to pay premium dollar, and any sectors that are not selling well will be taken off that route.

Feul has tripled since 2000, now accounting for as much as 40% of operating expenses US airline had a total combined loss in the first quarter of US 1.7 billion . Since December eight North American and European companies have stopped flying , mainly because of fuel costs - these are Max jet Airways, Big Sky Transportation, Aloha Airlines, Skybus Airlines Eos Airlines , Silverjet and the charter flight operator Champion air, Air Midwest is ceasing operations this month.

these figures were taken from The West Australian Newspaper Wednesday June 4th

Edited by 1rooster

I looked up a quote for a trip to UK with my BA miles and noticed that the taxes/surcharges you still have to pay had increased $100 USD. I have been flying BA for 6 years now and to be honest they are a rip off with taxes and surcharges, at some flights it costs as much as the damn ticket! I had always been a loyal customer but I have gone away from BA in the past couple years. Its just I have a shit load of miles with them.

Same happened to me when I booked a trip on Emirates to the Middle East for July. Fare increased a huge amount in a matter of 3 days. I think they had a special rate going on and it had just ended.

Edited by KDNG

• 2 weeks later...
I looked up a quote for a trip to UK with my BA miles and noticed that the taxes/surcharges you still have to pay had increased $100 USD. I have been flying BA for 6 years now and to be honest they are a rip off with taxes and surcharges, at some flights it costs as much as the damn ticket! I had always been a loyal customer but I have gone away from BA in the past couple years. Its just I have a shit load of miles with them.

Not a lot the airlines can do about the taxes mate thats down to the governments where you are flying to and from. At least the beer is cheap when you get to Thailand :)

BA are expensive airline that offer the same as every other airline, just twice as expensive.

You can find better airlines than them