IGNORED

Thailands Double Standards

milan2007

For all those people visiting the Kingdom of Thailand

If a Thai male has a sexual intercourse the age of consent is 15

If a foreigner has the same the age is 18???? or otherwise a jail sentence

Different prices for Thais and Foreigners drinking whats going on?????

A Thai not wearing a helmet on a motorbike no problems

A foreigner gets stopped and is fined whats going on????? loses of 400 or more bahts

Been around the world spent more than 3 months in Brazil the same rules apply for everyone living there, here never seen something like it can someone please tell me whats going on???

Their country--their rules.

Want to talk double standards?---Let me tell you about Japan. Oh wait--that might take hours.

bolly

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Just gotta except the double standards its worth it for all the pussy :P

ARE YOU GOING TO BARK ALL DAY LITTLE DOGGY OR ARE YOU GOING TO BITE

Countdown Clocks

Bolly's right, sounds like you're in a whole different sandbox bro.

We got double standards in America too - like, why can all those dudes in cirque du soleil dance naked and it's art and when I do it = it's breaking and entering with intent to sexually maim?

Ego and Alcohol

They implement the 18 rules in almost all occasions now for Thai males too - just read the news.

Statute still says 15 but precedent has now set 18 as the standard age. This has been the case for some time now

They will no doubt change the statute eventually when all the current hullabalooh eventually gets sorted out.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

We got double standards in America too - like, why can all those dudes in cirque du soleil dance naked and it's art and when I do it = it's breaking and entering with intent to sexually maim?

555555555555555555 fucking brilliant!

What... service... may I do you? Hmmm? You know I demand payment.--- I brought payment. Look! BAM!! An undead monkey! Top that!

2A2A2C5401C889635E9B5481680DBAF6.png

babydollsaddict.gif

Some of the double standards are for our own good and some for the national interest/image of Thailand.

Some are just for tea money!

15 is with the consent of the girl's parents. In practice 18 applies to Thai and farang alike. And definitely for both as far as P4P is concerned.

Add to that that the 18 year old rule was very likely introduced due to international pressure. Those things are standardising slowly, and thailand was also trying

to remove it's bad reputation as a pedophile destination.

Imho they succeded, but the reputation still sticks without real basis imho.

Very funny.

FatBob

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.

Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.

Groucho Marx

Add to that that the 18 year old rule was very likely introduced due to international pressure. Those things are standardising slowly, and thailand was also trying

to remove it's bad reputation as a pedophile destination.

Your quite correct ,

Even if there was no age limit. , your western country has legislation in place to makes it illegal for under 18 anyway.

Edited by nus01

its not something we all agree with, but rules must be abided at all times.

thats the way it goes

its not something we all agree with, but rules must be abided at all times.

thats the way it goes

Simmer down there debbie downer. If I wanted to obey rules then I wouldn't of had a self portrait of myself scowling tattoo'd on my scrotum. Rules stop you from doing stuff like that.

Ego and Alcohol

Your quite correct ,

Even if there was no age limit. , your western country has legislation in place to makes it illegal for under 18 anyway.

Yep...No big deal here, just respect the 18 year old limit, which do not bother me at all :-)

However, I fear it is only a question of time for a "slight extension" of the law, the way it goes some countries could start prosecuting for simple mongering, whatever the age of the partner. You paid? you are a criminal! and a girl 15 years younger than you (which in my case would still be 21 year, perfectly legal in any country I know of)? you are a filthy pedophile criminal!!!!

In fact I think it may already be the case in countries where prostitution is illegal and the customers are targetted. Any member from northern europe, sweden, norway, finland? Sweden has the worst legislation afaik, they really did go over the top...and got support from the majority of their citizens!

Simmer down there debbie downer. If I wanted to obey rules then I wouldn't of had a self portrait of myself scowling tattoo'd on my scrotum. Rules stop you from doing stuff like that.

So you gonna do contrary to the laws as laid down in LOS then mate? Good luck being the rebel.

So you gonna do contrary to the laws as laid down in LOS then mate? Good luck being the rebel.

Good luck not taking humor too seriously.

BTW, if you believe I have a tattoo of an angry self portrait on my scrotum than that says a lot about you - it says you're right.

Edited by ra1nman

Ego and Alcohol

• 2 weeks later...

I really dont mind the double standards. I would rather pay a cop 400Bt and be on my way than to have to park the bike, go to the police station, pay the ticket and then find my own way back to the bike. Its Nothing. In the US you get bonus years in jail for even offering a cop a bribe. As far ar western standards, LOS is still one of the cheapest places to vacation (mongering or not).

PS. Not going for the Scrotum Tattoo idea. funny though.

" Duct tape turns, "No...No...No..." into "Mmmm Mmmmm Mmmmm" - Anon

For all those people visiting the Kingdom of Thailand

If a Thai male has a sexual intercourse the age of consent is 15

If a foreigner has the same the age is 18???? or otherwise a jail sentence

Different prices for Thais and Foreigners drinking whats going on?????

A Thai not wearing a helmet on a motorbike no problems

A foreigner gets stopped and is fined whats going on????? loses of 400 or more bahts

Been around the world spent more than 3 months in Brazil the same rules apply for everyone living there, here never seen something like it can someone please tell me whats going on???

Just think TIT "This is Thailand" and live with it I think is the answer. The good outweighs the bad in LOS on any given day.

I was just tring to think of a plus, and one that comes to mind is the pragmatism of the BIB. Its not so hard to grease the wheels in most situations.

Cheers,

Liam

Canada has double standards as well, most put in place to benefit residents. National parks charge more for visitors as do many museums. Hunting & fishing liscenses are also more expensive for non-residents and not just non-Canadians. Canadians also pay more for hunting and fishing liscenses if they choose to hunt or fish in a province other than that in which they were either born or currently reside.

Your quite correct ,

Not so for all of us. Until 01 May this year the legal age of consent in Canada was 14 since 01 May 2008 it has been raised to 16. Not that it makes much of a difference to me as I prefer my women a bit older that that ant=yway. They should at least be a woman and not an adolescent or child.

Canada's age of consent raised by 2 years

Last Updated: Thursday, May 1, 2008 | 2:29 PM ET

It is now illegal for adults in Canada to have sex with a partner under the age of 16, one of the new provisions of the Tories' violent crime law that came into effect on Thursday.

The Tackling Violent Crime Act raises the legal age of sexual consent in Canada to 16 from 14, the first time it has been raised since 1892.

But the law includes a "close-in-age exception," meaning 14- and 15-year-olds can have sex with someone who is less than five years older.

The Tories said they raised the age, in part, to deal with internet predators. The new law puts Canada's age of consent in line with those in Britain, Australia and most of the United States.