IGNORED

Speed Limit in Thailand

paranoidandroid123

Ok this is not something I plan on testing out personally, I view the roads to be far too dangerous in Pattaya. However, after seeing motorbikes speeding along Second Road at around 4am-7am, I have to ask is there a speed limit in Thailand and is it enforced?

Ok this is not something I plan on testing out personally, I view the roads to be far too dangerous in Pattaya. However, after seeing motorbikes speeding along Second Road at around 4am-7am, I have to ask is there a speed limit in Thailand and is it enforced?

I think it is about 120 KMPH on Motorways. Being a very useful revenue earner for Thai policemen it is very keenly enforced by suicidal officers who appear out of nowhere and will throw themselves in front of your speeding car. 200 to 500 Baht usually prevents a trip to the Police stations which is usually 20 kms away.

Edited by Dr.Winston O'Boogie

ความจริงเป็นสิ่งที่ไม่ตายแต่คนพูดความจริงอาจจะตาย                 

The truth is immortal but people who speak it aren't - Thai proverb

Karl's Thailand - My YouTube Channel

What?????? There's a speed limit in Thailand????? You sure :P

Yeh;

I am always fast with my Girls;

The faster i go the faster back to Bar:

:P

I drive to ko lat and udon quite frequently and i do drive fast, have done trips where never been stopped apart from one stop which is always to check license.Before i start off i always put 100 bht notes in small duckets about dashboard and ashtray,also have license ready so when i do get pulled over i don't have to get my wallet out,i just wind window down say hello and pretend i didn't know speed limit,which can vary from 90 to 120,then hand them a hundred baht, sometimes they ask for more but i just say i do this run every week and it's always been 100 baht give them big smile a wai and they normally say thankyou and send you on your way, another thing which can work is when they wave you down, pull in but stop as far as side road will let you away from officer and sometimes they will wave you away(this happened and worked for me just last sunday on way to ko lat.NEVER LET THEM SEE YOUR MONEY IN WALLET.

• 1 month later...

and even when I am in a hurry to get from BKK to Patts, i've asked

a few drivers "whats the speed limit"...basically wanting him to slow down a bit.

aki

If there are rules of the road, Thais ignore them. I can't count how many times I've been in the passanger seat of a car thinking I was about to die. I don't care how late we are, don't pass on a blind curve. Did we die this time? Nope, but maybe next time.