IGNORED

2 Great Travel Sites

chusayo2003

• 2 weeks later...

never seen those before, i tried the kayak one but it was more expensive than the ones i normally use,

thanks anyway

I have sidestep on my browser and it doesn't normally come up any cheaper than the other sites I use regularly like Expedia or Travelocity. It certainly does not get me the deals that I can get directly through an airlines website.

• 12 years later...

Why is it I see a return(round trip) fare for £300  yet I get quotes as much as £700 return when I enquire?

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

5 hours ago, storytime said:

Why is it I see a return(round trip) fare for £300  yet I get quotes as much as £700 return when I enquire?

Probably because its one of the very well known shoddy 3rd party agents that doesn't offer live pricing, but advertises "cheep prices" to lure people in who don't have a clue what they're doing.

Lured in by a cheep price, but when they try to book, oh that price doesn't exist anymore, its gone up.  Oh what a surprise 

I usually have pretty good luck with skyscanner and one travel

17 hours ago, storytime said:

If the price never existed then in most countries that would be illegal.

However, many flights have a certain number of “C class” tickets. C class are usually sold first and have zero frills ie no cancellation, no changing flights etc. Airlines use these to ensure XX revenue on a flight.

These C class tickets are almost always the first to go as human nature steers us to “cheapest” whereas B and A class are usually much better deals.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

51 minutes ago, whitespider said:

If the price never existed then in most countries that would be illegal.

However, many flights have a certain number of “C class” tickets. C class are usually sold first and have zero frills ie no cancellation, no changing flights etc. Airlines use these to ensure XX revenue on a flight.

These C class tickets are almost always the first to go as human nature steers us to “cheapest” whereas B and A class are usually much better deals.

So my £500 return for thailand in September was a good deal, nice to know thanks.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

1 hour ago, storytime said:

So my £500 return for thailand in September was a good deal, nice to know thanks.

A “good deal” is one you are happy with. Waste of time getting upset if someone else gets it for 450.

I have seen so many guys wait and wait for cheaper deals only for it to go the other way.

My advice to anyone - when you see a price you like, book it and stop checking.

• Like 3

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/05/2019 at 07:54, whitespider said:

A “good deal” is one you are happy with. Waste of time getting upset if someone else gets it for 450.

I have seen so many guys wait and wait for cheaper deals only for it to go the other way.

My advice to anyone - when you see a price you like, book it and stop checking.

I agree with whitespider if you see a price you like then book the flights. Besides the flight prices possibly going up instead of down the flight might have good flight times so by waiting and hoping the prices hopefully going down the flights might alsoget fully booked.  So you might end up getting flights that don't have as good flight times

Edited by blue1878

I prefer to wait for the good deal , last few years I always booked a €450-500 in April or May for early December flight but I waited longer than that last year and got €370 flight from Etihad in September/October for early December flight ...( saves me up to €130 for being patience) ... . :) So this year II will book the flight in September or October . It paid you to shop around for the best deal . 

Only noticed now , it was a 2007 thread. Wonder if OP is still around to read the latest post .. 555 

Edited by jocky king