Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

French Lessons/schools in Pattaya?

john719

Hello sorry for posting in English but I dont know any French and want to learn. I will be attending McGill University in Montreal next summer--Winter and want to use this summer to begin to learn French. Does anyone know of any language schools that offer beginning French in Pattaya, Naklua or Jomtien?

Thank you for any advice and again I apologize for posting in English.

McGill university is an english speaking university ... you will not have any problem being served and understood in Montreal even if Quebec is a french speaking province.

And btw, getting here and learning french on the go while being in complete immersion could be the best way for you to learn french yet being able to be served in your primary language IMO :hello09:

McGill university is an english speaking university ... you will not have any problem being served and understood in Montreal even if Quebec is a french speaking province.

And btw, getting here and learning french on the go while being in complete immersion could be the best way for you to learn french yet being able to be served in your primary language IMO :hello09:

I know my classes are in English but I want to be able to communicate with the community at-large and I am specializing in International Law, so French helps in that field. I dont start till August 2015 but I want to use this summer to begin learning the language. I have a BA in Second Language Studies so know how to learn second languages and know it takes time and of course immersion. But if I can get the basics down prior to arriving in Montreal I will be ahead of the game. I need to start from square one so need basics: Alphabet, vowels, verbs, nouns, greetings, months, days of week, telling about your family, where you live, hobbies all the level 1 language stuff. Then immersion paired with formal classes is the key. I live in Vermont so after the summer I am planning on taking classes in Montpelier but can only do on weekends since I have law school M--F.

You could also use online courses for the basics

http://www.fsi-language-courses.org/Content.php

I used it with Thaï. Main problem with Thaï lessons is that they not use the Thaï alphabet and i think it's better to learn reading also. Nevertheless it helps to have a little vocabulary (approximatively 2000 words at the end of the Thaï lessons) and phonology.

• 1 month later...

Nice, I'm from Montreal and I actually have some friend at McGill

Archived