Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Hotels in Bangkok

pattayaisheaven

Hi guys

Just wondering if any1 can recommend any good hotels not to far away from nana plaza area, also any where you dont have 2 pay the 700 baht for extra guest. i stayed in the bangkok Palace last time nice hotel but the 700 baht a night for the girls was a pain in the ass

ALTHOUGH I DO NOT AGREE WITH WHAT YOU HAVE SAID SIR I WOULD DEFEND TO THE DEATH YOUR RIGHT TO SAY IT.

NICE TO BE NICE SUPPORTER ADD THIS TO YOU SIGGY TO SHOW SUPPORT FOR THE IDEA THAT STARTED THIS FORUM

moved to hotel section, there are a lot of choices there mate, welcome to the board :BB_Fight:

One hotel I like to recommend is the Manhattan. It is located in Soi 15 & is central to both Nana & Soi Cowboy & the MRT subway. IIRC rooms are about 1000 baht per night. Be sure to book a double with king sized bed to avoid joiner fees.

If you want to spend more money we will be glad to suggest other higher priced hotels.

I'm staying at the nana hotel for 3 night's at the end of

my holiday! Can anyone let me know if it's the shit-hole

everyone say's? BTW. It's my first time there! Gizmo.

If she aint got a dick,she's just a chick

CountdownClockCodes.com

• 2 weeks later...

It was the first hotel that I stayed in way back in 1980 it was and always be a shithole.

I stay at the Majestic Grande. Service, food, proximity to nightlife excellent, and no joiner fees. Will continue to stay there each and every time. This fall am bringing 8 golfers to LOS will stay Majestic Grande for 4 nights. Good value as well. Cheers T

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Yeah that's the new one right next to Annie's. Soi 1 Excuse me Soi 2 as poster below rightly says..... along from JWM.

Edited by rockhard

I'm staying at the nana hotel for 3 night's at the end of

my holiday! Can anyone let me know if it's the shit-hole

everyone say's? BTW. It's my first time there! Gizmo.

My first three trips to bangers I stayed at the Nana hotel no regrets, I just got more older and wiser about better accommodation in the area. MY advise to all who have not stayed at the Nana hotel is give it a go unless your used to 3 star and a bit of luxury.

Great location, pool, 24 hour room service & restaurant .

and yes it is a shit hole.

You haven't really "done" Bangkok unless you have spent one night here.

In addition to all the above mentioned amenities - the meat market in the car park is "priceless".

Impress the bell boys by showing them how many differtent girls you get take up in a 24 hour period.

I would say few mongers get to see the "pool". When you want a nice pint walk around the corner to Bully's. You can recognize it by the giant bronze bull on the sidewalk.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just returned from Bangkok and stayed 4 nights in at Majestic Grande in Soi 2.

I can not recommend the place highly enough. Booked a Grand Deluxe room and it was fabulous. Luxurious, and wanting for nothing.

Breakfast in the morning is included, and is a high quality smorgasbord.

Great location....great staff.

I stayed in one other hotel for a further 4 nights, but MG was the best pick.

• 3 months later...

just wondering which of these are guest friendly and near the action, trying to use some airmiles

Bel-Aire Princess

Dusit Thani

Grand China Princess

Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel

Plaza Athenee

Prathumwan Princess

Royal Orchid Sheraton hotel & Towers

Royal Princess, Lan Luang

Royal Princess, Srinakrin

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit

Sofitel Central Plaza

The Imperial Queen’s Park hotel

The Imperial Tara hotel

The Westin Grande Sukhumvit

• 3 months later...
One hotel I like to recommend is the Manhattan. It is located in Soi 15 & is central to both Nana & Soi Cowboy & the MRT subway. IIRC rooms are about 1000 baht per night. Be sure to book a double with king sized bed to avoid joiner fees.

If you want to spend more money we will be glad to suggest other higher priced hotels.

Hum, I would not recommend this hotel, even if the location and breakfast are nice, and the rooms are correct for the price, very correct for bangkok.

However, I went there last month, based on a previous good experience 2 years ago. I booked a king size bed but did not specify 2 person as this is not usually necessary in a guest friendly hotel and I had no problem previously.

When going back with my "guest" (hey, so close from soi cowboy, what can they expect? ;) ), the reception guy asked me to pay a 500 baht fee for the "extra bed"...

In my book, this is no longer a guest friendly hotel and the joiner fee is steeeeeep!

Well, I paid the next morning after having made a moderate fuss, explaining the guy that this incident will be reported on the internet and that this change of policy will deter more potential customers than it will extract additional money from unknowing ones, so it is a poor business decision, especially considering the location of the hotel.

He (and his manager) did not want to reconsider, so here is my story so you do not go there uninformed.

Needless to say, after this story I was in the bus to pattaya without further delays, and I will not go to this hotel anymore...