IGNORED

Steamed Prawns On Beach Rd

Walking along the beach, I'd see people selling steamed prawns. They were huge and looked delicious, but I was perhaps paranoid of getting sick so I never tried them. Anyone every try these prawns? If so, how was your experience and how much did it cost? Thanks.

Have had them a few times, but for the life of me I cannot remember how much, not a lot though and they were delicious

Elephants are really, really big compared to televisions....yet I saw a whole herd of 'em on my TV only yesterday..Go figure?
Oh..I nearly forgot..Ehhhh?

ALLEY

Had them many, many times on beach and beach road and in isaan. Never got sick. I can't remember price either but they're not expensive. 10 yrs travelling thailand ive been sick once - indian restaurant in BKK

I have had them many times, and they are delicious. Probably came straight from Pattaya Bay, but WTF. It's not like you are eating them raw. 100 baht will get you a bunch of them (5 or so), enough for a tasty snack.

à¸à¹‰à¸™à¸›à¸­à¸”ยอดขุนพล <center><embed src="http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/show.swf?clickURL=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/&clickLABEL=MySpace Countdown Clocks&flashLABEL=Countdown Clock Codes&skin=http://www.countdownclockcodes.com/cd/ccc-vacation/skins/14.jpg&text=LA%20VIDA%20LOCA&untilColor=0&textColor=0&datesColor=0&year=2008&month=8&day=28&hour=23&minute=45&second=0&x=30&y=72" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="300" height="200" name="countdown" align="middle" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />

<small>MySpace Countdown Clocks</small></center>

Had them on the beach from the sellers there and no problems

can't remember price but not expensive

100 baht I paid for half a dozen, I was a bit worried that they might give me the shits but had no

problems with them at all..They go down well with a cold beer too.. :D

Walking along the beach, I'd see people selling steamed prawns. They were huge and looked delicious, but I was perhaps paranoid of getting sick so I never tried them. Anyone every try these prawns? If so, how was your experience and how much did it cost? Thanks.

Never gotten sick from beach food

• 2 weeks later...

There is also a beach restaurant where they bring the food to you where the chairs with umbrellas are. They have a menu and everything. The girls I was with told me they are better than the people walking around selling food. I had a dozen shrimp, pad thai, and drank from a coconut, very cheap too.

This is what the food looked like, very tastey, I think it all cost about 300 baht.

food.jpg

Edited by B5Jimmy

I have had them many times, and they are delicious. Probably came straight from Pattaya Bay, but WTF. It's not like you are eating them raw. 100 baht will get you a bunch of them (5 or so), enough for a tasty snack.

Since I grew up on crawfish and shrimp in New Orleans, I'll pretty much eat any buttom feeder! Funny with the prawns though, I was in Brazil and the cardinal rule was to never eat the shrimp from the vendors on the beach! Not unless you wanted a explosive diahrea for three days!

Edited by SoCo MoFo

Eat. Down. South.

There is also a beach restaurant where they bring the food to you where the chairs with umbrellas are. They have a menu and everything. The girls I was with told me they are better than the people walking around selling food. I had a dozen shrimp, pad thai, and drank from a coconut, very cheap too.

Thx. Do you recall which Soi or landmark it was near?

Edited by Millard

I walked to the beach, hung out at the first umbrella area I saw. I was staying at Sabai Inn, so around the Soi2 area I think.

Thx. Do you recall which Soi or landmark it was near?

SoCo, I'll be in New Orleans for the first time in July. I've heard you have the best food down there. You'll have to PM me some tips!

• 1 month later...

Be careful, I personally got the screaming s.....s from some a few years ago and I have heard tales of similar, how do you know if they were fresh when cooked or how long they been hacking them up and down beach road. ???

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg

I'll have to give it a try when i get there, i luv seafood

Be careful, I personally got the screaming s.....s from some a few years ago and I have heard tales of similar, how do you know if they were fresh when cooked or how long they been hacking them up and down beach road. ???

My thoughts entirely. I'm pleased for the guys who have had no problems but I see these prawns go up and down the beach, exposed to everything and often wonder when they were cooked and how many times they have been re-heated.

My thoughts entirely. I'm pleased for the guys who have had no problems but I see these prawns go up and down the beach, exposed to everything and often wonder when they were cooked and how many times they have been re-heated.

Many of these vendors carry pots of hot coals to cook the prawns on,so just make sure they are cooked from raw in front of you also that lime sauce goes with them very well and she peeled them for me aswell,good lass

"Once you've gone asian you'll never go caucasian"

I had some about 3 weeks back on the beach, they tasted really good, I paid 100 Baht for 10

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Building A House In The Village

CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW FOR FULL DETAILS & COSTS

Getting Married In The Village & Bringing Her To The UK

• 1 month later...

If you paid me a large sum of money i would consider consuming these prawns,but commonsense just say's a big NO! Not worth ruining your holday.

First check the sell by date and then ask them if they wash thier hands after they take a Pish......

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg