IGNORED

Best internet for villiage in Surin?

wjin

Hello All,  I am hoping someone can help me with some information about 3G coverage near the border of Surin and Buriram.  Trying to get the TGF a package that best works for Skype and the like (on a Samsung Galaxy Grand smartphone)  AIS is very poor in the village.  Any tips most welcome :)  Thanks W.

Hello All,  I am hoping someone can help me with some information about 3G coverage bear the border of Surin and Buriram.  Trying to get the TGF a package that best works for Skype and the like (on a Samsung Galaxy Grand smartphone)  AIS is very poor in the village.  Any tips most welcome :)  Thanks W.nd is getting speeds of

I have had Catcom internet now for 5 years. Good reliable service and I get around 1mb speed. Cost is 647 baht per month and capped at 5GB after which they slow you down to 384 kbps. Modem is about 3000 baht.

A friend of mine got TOT about 5 months ago and is getting speeds of 4mpbs and is paying around 700 baht per month.

Set up costs were approx. 6000 baht which included aerial, installation etc.

So probably best if your girlfriend goes to both Catcom and Tot and asks then to come out to do a test at the house to see if their service works there and what speed you can get.

You will need to get a wireless router if your g/f is going to access the net on her phone.

There is a local forum where you can get more advice.  surinfarang.com where the locals will be happy to share their experiences and advice.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are looking for 3G internet, test if you have TrueMove coverage.

TrueMove has the fastest and by far best 3G net in Thailand.

Usually stable around 3-5Mbit but peaks to 14Mbit in areas.

Not the ceapest, but really the best.

The had some techincal issues countrywide 2013 sep-dec, but besides that: perfect service.

About 800฿ for 5Gb, so not the cheapest, also 10Gb option for about 1690฿, but then you can just buy another 5Gb package when it runs out instead.

babydollsaddict.gif

Archived