Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Sending tv shows, movies to Australia

tlcwaterfall

Can anyone advise me of the best way for me to send downloaded tv shows and movies to my daughter in Australia.

I have used Dropbox before but she still has to download the shows once she accesses Drop box and bandwidth in Australia is expensive.

What do others do in this situation?

I have thought of just sending a usb stick to her every month or so but that means trips to the post office and relying on the Thai and Australian postal services. Enough said there.

Any informed and helpful replies are appreciated.

Why not just show her where/how to download them herself? <br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Why not just show her where/how to download them herself? <br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Appreciate your advice and she certainly knows how to download data.

"bandwidth in Australia is expensive"

Regardless of where the movies are hosted (or anything for that matter), she will have to download it from somewhere which will come off her quota, 

the only other way is to physically deliver it by post or in person.

Regardless of where the movies are hosted (or anything for that matter), she will have to download it from somewhere which will come off her quota, 

the only other way is to physically deliver it by post or in person.

This is correct - If downloading content to the computer is expensive, any solution involving downloading is a non-starter. You could post it, but then be careful; in the US some states have tried to make that a federal offence. Your best bet it so buy a 1TB hd, fill it up and go and see her...you should have a right to back up your own content, and if it travels with you, it's not illegal. 

Tell your daughter to sign up with TGP, unlimited downloads/uploads for about $60 p/m.

Not the fastest, but can usually download a movie in less than an hour.

Work the curse of the drinking classes. - Oscar Wilde

Or dodo unlimited $58 including phone line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not really a tech head but do you (and your daughter) have ITunes (or something similar)?

Perhaps you can transfer your downloads into iTunes.

Your daughter then logs into your account and streams (as opposed to downloading) the shows for viewing.

Again, not sure if this is possible but just a thought.

FWIW, I know you're relying on postal systems but I'd go the USB route. In any case, they are relatively cheap now and if it goes awol, buy another cheap one and do it again. 

Your daughter then logs into your account and streams (as opposed to downloading) the shows for viewing.

Basically same same as downloading so doesn't get around the OPs issue ... can be even worse if she watches/starts to watch the file multiple times.

• 2 weeks later...

As said before, sending over internet will still consume bandwith.

Best bet otherwise would be mailing a large cap usb-drive or 2,5" drive back and fourth.

Shure, you could re-encode everything to lower the quallity, but will look crappy instead.

Why not burn 7Gb DVDs and mail those?

babydollsaddict.gif

As other's have said cheap unlimited bb is available but maybe not in her area... if she's on adsl checkout adsl2exchanges.com.au for the providers available in her area, maybe theres a much better deal out there for her<br /><br />Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk<br /><br />

Archived