IGNORED

HTC rooting and firmware upgrade to ICS

Hi all,

I have a HTC Desire which is currently running Gingerbread. Does anyone know of a phone tech who can root and flash the firmware to Ice Cream Sandwich.

I've spent day on you tube and internet however I'm just not quite up to doing this.

Thanks

I would not update to ics because the phone only has 512mb of flash.

Kit Kat (4.4) was developed on Nexus 4's that were modded down to 512Mb of ram, so theoretically it would be a better choice than the older ICS. Regardless, that still doesn't answer your question, and unfortunately I don't know of any specific places. I suppose asking a phone vendor in Tukcom would be a good start.

Yes, your correct with Kit Kat. Many custom rom's for Jelly Bean also.

I just said Ice Cream Sandwich to make it easier.

The lack of internal storage can be solved by partitioning the external SD card with 4 gb thus making the phone think  and use 4gb of internal storage.

1 ghz processer is plenty as well.

What would be great is a phone nurd who really knows there stuff.

I've thought about Tuk Com, however I don't trust most of them unless I get a referral.

Cheers :WinkGrin1: 

Yes, your correct with Kit Kat. Many custom rom's for Jelly Bean also.

I just said Ice Cream Sandwich to make it easier.

The lack of internal storage can be solved by partitioning the external SD card with 4 gb thus making the phone think  and use 4gb of internal storage.

1 ghz processer is plenty as well.

What would be great is a phone nurd who really knows there stuff.

I've thought about Tuk Com, however I don't trust most of them unless I get a referral.

Cheers :WinkGrin1:

You should check out XDA Developers. They have all sorts of custom ICS and KK roms, some of which are specifically tailored for the HTC Desire.  I'm sure you could find a step by step walkthru for rooting and installing.  I haven't rooted a phone since my original Galaxy S, so I'd be hesitant to offer advise myself.  

Archived