IGNORED

Whitehouse Condotel

SteveB

Got to Pattaya on the 5th of May, I already made a booking and one night payment for 1800 Baht payment to the Whitehouse condotel in Soi13 when I found out later that deluxe rooms only had the benefit of the kitchen I changed my booking to standard room.

On arrival to the hotel at 1800 hrs I was shown the room by the hotel porter on entrance to the room there was water all over the floor from a defected fridge. So went back to the hotel reception and I was given another room, on entrance to this room the inside of the door lock fell on the floor again went down to reception and given another room on inspection the shower was defected by a missing drain water cover.

Again I went down to reception but they had no more room available I also asked if the deluxe room was free but they did not have available. As the rooms where defected I asked can I be refunded my money but the reception lady refused to pay back this. No offer was made to rectify the problems with the room.

Also the storage space inside room for clothing is limited and the units are of low quality and looking much worn now.

So I was very lucky when I went next door to the Dynasty Inn where I have stayed there six times before and they had a well maintained room available.

This experience has put me off looking for another hotel specifically if you have to pre pay.

Thanks for the heads up, it's good to know where NOT to stay to make your trip better, sorry you had a bad experience though mate. Glad it worked out in the end though. I wouldnt pay for a room in advance, at the most I would leave a deposit for no more than a third of the room price.

Thanks for your comments guys.

As I said before

At the time I asked to speak to the manager which was a lady but still would not refund my moneys our make any attempt to repair the problems with the rooms.

This is an indication on how POOR Thai construction quality is, as the place is only a few years old.

Someone buying a newly built house or condo should consider the poster's experience as I've heard similar tales regarding the NorthShore condo on Beach Rd.

• 1 month later...

Got to Whitehouse Yesterday..

They have renovation going .second floors bathrooms are under contstruction.

So standard room are availeble only in 3.floor. They don't tell,but maybe they fix 3.floor next

Noisy in daytimes.

I change to Sandy Springs tomorrow.

If you like Dynasty Inn you can have now very good deals. Not for one night stay,but if you stay weeks.

The OP has posted this thread on another board and I have said there that this is my favourite PTY hotel and I stayed there as recently as last week

HOWEVER

I won't be staying there again until they finish the renovation works

• 4 weeks later...

I was there off and on between May 29-Jun 19, rented in six different rooms over that period, only two on the second floor were anything but top notch in my opinion. Helpful friendly staff, enjoyed it.

I stayed there in march 07, and the room was nice and clean although small, the shower was nice and big, could fit 3 inside easy, then on the 3rd day the water was a funny colour and off for a few hours, had to go to my girls room to shower, on the 4th day woke up to find no water at all, (they were building a pool on the roof, not sure if that was why) I booked out and stayed in my girls room, for one night then booked in the Lek the next day. I liked the look of the rooms, but will probably not stay there again. Good laundry next door though.

Cheers,

DIRTY

Click Here To Help Pattaya Orphans

jizzflicker "I just wanna fill a wheel barrow up with jizz and tip it all over her head, while her sister spanks her with a dildo"

Bryan "What Colours your Dog"

LaaMok "I was bored once and had time to waste. i decided to try and unload without touching myself or rubbing, i think about 4 hours later, the yogurt truck crashed."

Sorry to hear you had a bad time bud... better luck next time :unsure:

This is so often the problem in Thailand, things are good when they are new but not kept up to. Many Thai staff believe it will make their boss angry if they tell them about faults so don't bother.

Has anyone stayed there recently or know if the renovations have been completed? I stayed there in February and really liked the place as well as the location.

I just got back from a stay in the Whitehouse Condotel. I think I was there from 12 - 20 July 08. I have to say I enjoyed my stay there. I loved the location, soi 13 is center to all the action. There was some nice restaurants on soi 13 also. I thought my room was clean and well appointed. I gave the maid a nice tip the first day and without requesting she would give me additional towels and she would wait until I left in the morning/afternoon before she would clean my room (I would let her know I was leaving and she would clean my room next).

The lobby was nice and never had any problems bringing back a lady. They would take ID of ladies. One night I brought back two girls and they tried to charge me for the second lady. But after I explained to the Manager that the second lady only stayed on hour to eat dinner with us the charge was dropped.

There is some minor construction going on in the hotel (renovations of some of the rooms) but to me it was not much of a problem. The minor noises associated with this renovations did not start until well after lunch time and did not persist to long. I normally was out in the city during that time anyway.

I know some here were very critical of this place but I can say my experience here was pretty good and will stay here again in the future.

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished." Quoted from Proudhon.

Thanks for the info about this place fellas. Always seemed nice but with the mixed reviews, and fairly high price tag (for pattaya) I think I would pass.

It is a good location and I was looking to try the place myself. Might pass based on the patchy quality. Paying those prices I'd expect better.

I agree with the last two posts. Although I had a good time there the price may be a little high for most. To make matters worse I also stayed in one of the high end rooms so the cost was high...the hotel I stayed at in BKK was even less then this place. But again....I enjoyed it here and have only good things to say about the very nice room and staff.

"To be GOVERNED is to be watched, inspected, spied upon, directed, law-driven, numbered, regulated, enrolled, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, checked, estimated, valued, censured, commanded, by creatures who have neither the right nor the wisdom nor the virtue to do so. To be GOVERNED is to be at every operation, at every transaction noted, registered, counted, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, prevented, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished." Quoted from Proudhon.

I stayed there in august 2007 and april 2008. Only stayed in suites.

Joiner for second girl.

Best location IMHO - central with the new mall on 2nd and really quiet.

Great but small rooftop pool.

A bit pricey for a bearly 4star condo.