IGNORED

visa and entry to laos/cambodia/vietnam

con6

Quick question, I've took a quick search and haven't found a suitable answer so here it is.

I'm from Canada on the 30 day entry I arrived March 4th

I'm confused. I have to get a visa extension by April 3/4th. I leave Thailand on May 6th my plan was to go to Cambodia or Vietnam or laos for enough time that I'd come back and have 30 days to finish my trip and leave with no problems... but it seems that's not possible? If I do a visa run I get 30 days correct? But if I go to one of those countries and come back, all the information has lead me to believe. I only would get 15 days ? I'd really appreciate it if someone was able to clear this up for me.--

Also if it comes down to it and I have to do the visa run. I'd have to do two.. is that possible? I really fucked up on not getting the initial 60 day visa. ^^ but time didn't allow for it. Lesson learned..!!

When you come into Thailand by land you get 15 days, if you fly in you get 30 days, independent of from where you fly/come into Thailand. E.g. if you fly to Phnom Penh and fly back, then you get 30 days. You can repeat this procedure many times. Last year I myself have entered Thailand more than 10 times without a problem.

Be aware that you need a visa for Vietnam before you go there. There are online service that can organize this for you. Both Laos and Cambodia allow you to buy a visa on arrival at the airport, i.e. no need to get one before you go.

Thanks for the reply. Just treat me like a retard here... So these visa run services will only give me 15 days? Also I appreciate the heads up on vietnam! Definitely saved me a headache there

So these visa run services will only give me 15 days? 

By land, yes. Just grab a cheap flight somewhere if you need 30 days or do a land run nearer the end of your initial 30 days.

I don't know about the visa run services, I always go by myself. If the visa run service just crosses the border into Cambodia or Laos and drives you back the same day then surely you only get 15 days. Some might bring you to Vientiane where there is a Thai embassy. From there you can get a 30/60 day visa which takes one day. Apply for it on the first and receive it on the second day.

Regarding the Vietnam visa, I usually use this service: http://www.vietnam-visa.com. It always worked out well, just follow the instructions on their website and print out the things you need to bring to the airport. They check your documents at the check-in counter and will not let you board if you can't provide them with the print outs.

Hope this helps.

When you come into Thailand by land you get 15 days, if you fly in you get 30 days,...........................................

By land, yes. Just grab a cheap flight somewhere if you need 30 days or do a land run nearer the end of your initial 30 days.

Given that the OP is flying the Canadian flag (G7 member) surely he will get 30 days on entry by land as of Nov 2013?

Not for Aussies though.   :WinkGrin1:

Given that the OP is flying the Canadian flag (G7 member) surely he will get 30 days on entry by land as of Nov 2013?

Indeed he will if that's the case ... to be honest never checked if Canadians where part of that esteemed group :)

Indeed he will if that's the case ... to be honest never checked if Canadians where part of that esteemed group :)

U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Italy, Canada and Japan.

I was not aware of this new rule. Good for you, OP!

Can you elaborate on said rule? Or link me? Appreciate it boyz. Give me a face to put to these names and a beers on me!

Yes G7 countries get 30 days whether flying in or entering by land.  I don't have a link but google it.  Should be easy enough to find.

Xtremedude

Can you elaborate on said rule? Or link me? Appreciate it boyz. Give me a face to put to these names and a beers on me!

I don't think we're supposed to link other forums.

So Google this instead :-

30 days for holders of passports from UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy 

Archived