Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Outlook- Trojan?

Billyboy294

The reason why you were unable to restore your pc to an earlier date was because programs or the Trojan were preventing from doing so. In future the best way to restore your pc to an earlier date is as the pc is booting up keep pushing the F8 key until it brings up a dos screen with 3 start-up selections...select SAFE MODE this will prevent any other programs from starting up and you will basically have a dumb computer. You will then be able to restore your pc to an earlier date, then simply restart the pc.

I also recommend installing Microsoft Security Essentials...this is a very good program and is free from MS.

I have Avira and Malawarebytes which had removed a virus  sent with an email message a  year ago, I did a full scan and it found 3 nasties.which i removed. But the Flash pop up is still there.

I also used Free Windows Registry Repair which removed 4 trojans several years ago which Norton found butcould not remove, That was when I removed Norton (with great difficulty) and installed Avira.

There is just nothing i downloaded which could have brought this. I only downloaded  about 3/4 short pieces of music(opera) from Youtube just to check if Relpayer Download was working.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

I also recommend installing Microsoft Security Essentials...this is a very good program and is free from MS.

Agreed.

Re the "this plugin is vulnerable and should be updated activate adobe flash" This may be a legitimate notice to update, not Malware (see discussions below). You could try using a different browser as well, ie Chrome.

https://www.google.com/search?q=this+plugin+is+vulnerable+and+should+be+updated+activate+adobe+flash&oq=This+plugin+is+vul&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j0l5.9827j0j7&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/949746

Go to adobe.com ... Downloads ... Flash ... Update your flash there as needed ...

... If you are using Google chrome .. Get " adblocker plus" extension ...

My previous problem was that the virus opened when i tried to open Outlook (but Outlook usually opened at the second or third attempt.) and sometimes others.

Also it blocked all my antivirus stuff and prevented me from downloading new ones.

The present Adobe Flash virus (??) is just a pop-up and doesn't  prevent me using the computer in a normal way and can just be ignored.

I tried today for first time and if i click 'X', it disappears. Perhaps it is a genuine message. I will check with my computer friend.

Thanks for the replies.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Archived