IGNORED

Top unspoilt Thai paradise islands

ChaNomYen

Hey just read these links off facebook, & posting if any interest to anyone. Been to a few but Koh Mak, Koh Kood, Koh Lipe are next on my list, anyone been to any of them?

Few deserted ones id never heard of, would love to go with the right bird..

http://www.globalgrasshopper.com/travel/15-beautiful-islands-thailand/

http://www.globalgrasshopper.com/destinations/asia/10-undiscovered-thai-islands-travel-snobs/

Nice link.  I did a day trip to a few islands when i went to Koh Lanta two years ago. Koh Ngai was my favourite and Koh Kraden is pretty cool too. Both are very isolated and the beaches are unreal.

Haven't been to the ones you said but Koh Lipe is next on my list also.

I have been to Koh Mak .. very quite there... I liked it.

Good luck, The Thais fuck up every inch of paradise to make a few baht. You can find quieter places on popular islands. May have to fork out a lot because some rich corporation owns the beach and everything around your beach bungalow. You'd have to tine travel back to the 1980s to find something like what was described in the book "The Beach".

I'll stop being cynical, but they really fucked up Phuket and are ruining Ao Nang Krabi. Koh Phi Phi was beautiful but now a high priced Eurotrash craphole. Sumi I have been told is the same. I do like Koh Chang but has plenty of tourists. Lonely Beach is a joke, packed with people. I did like Koh Lanta, a bit south of Krabi. Once again fairly developed, but much quieter.

Its not just the Thais fucking places up, its a supply and demand situation too. If by fucking it up you mean there are too many tourists well, what can you when it underpins the economy, you wont legislate to turn them away...it is the same anywhere.

What pisses me off more than anything is most of the tourists I see litter, walk on the coral, throw cigarette butts or trash on the ground, sand, in the water and plenty worse things. Some people come to Thailand and just run amuck and totally disregard the beauty of the place.

Definitely agree that phi phi was once magic but anything but the most remote corner is now unbearable.

Coming back to the OP, Koh Lipe was the last place I visited that felt pristine. I don't know if its changed a lot in the past 3 years but I fell in love with that place. Recommend it for a proper chill out and hope to visit again this year.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Good luck, The Thais fuck up every inch of paradise to make a few baht. You can find quieter places on popular islands. May have to fork out a lot because some rich corporation owns the beach and everything around your beach bungalow. You'd have to tine travel back to the 1980s to find something like what was described in the book "The Beach".

I'll stop being cynical, but they really fucked up Phuket and are ruining Ao Nang Krabi. Koh Phi Phi was beautiful but now a high priced Eurotrash craphole. Sumi I have been told is the same. I do like Koh Chang but has plenty of tourists. Lonely Beach is a joke, packed with people. I did like Koh Lanta, a bit south of Krabi. Once again fairly developed, but much quieter.

If you want 'quiet' you can always choose one of the national parks and rent a bungalow or pitch a tent - Koh Tarutao is a prime example.  If you want a bit more 'civilisation' head to Koh Lipe October-February.  Some of the islands are facing critical water shortages at the moment, so you have to do your homework before visiting.

b8.jpg

b9.jpg

c8.jpg

d2.jpg

f3.jpg

c4.jpg

c6.jpg

I got told Koh lipe is THE place for chilling and snorkeling. shallow waters you can jsut wade out and snorkel...no need to get on a boat first...as  in many places to get decent snorkeling...these pictures are motivating...I sense a visit soon!

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

I got told Koh lipe is THE place for chilling and snorkeling. shallow waters you can jsut wade out and snorkel...no need to get on a boat first...as  in many places to get decent snorkeling...these pictures are motivating...I sense a visit soon!

If you're really unlucky, you might run into some of those pesky Chinese tourists that some folk complain about.  

f5.jpg

There's a few places on the main land in Thailand that are amazing. I'm hate beaches usually but can sit on them all day and night

Never look another man in the eye while eating a banana

"I am not a Rapist"

John 3:16

I visited many of Thailand's islands and beaches during my travels between 1987-98.

Back then they were still mostly quiet and unspoilt!

Here are some old slides I took:

http://www.pbase.com/lovelos/beaches_and_islands_of_thailand&page=all

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Ko Phayam of the shore of ranong is nice too. Have seen a TR about this island but not on PA, forget which site !

A good girl gives you happiness and a bad girl gives you experience both are essential in life so enjoy every girlfriend!

Archived