Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Windows vista

spacex

Can anyone tell me where I can buy an english copy of vista in pty?

Thanks guys.

DON"T DO IT!!!!!!!

I bought a new laptop about 4 weeks ago. I have already had to reinstall Vist because it was crashing after about 5 minutes. I would wait until Microsoft finally gets it working properly before installing it. If I had xp disks with me now I would be running that instead of Vista.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

Don't install Vista, Microsoft have already back tracked and have a better developed XP in place...If you need a version installing on your machines pm me your details and I will pass them onto Bigleg (craig) who will get in touch with you

Live NoisBar WebCam...Click the pic

1anois.jpg

Agreeing with Scumbag. Total nightmare, Vista is virtually like Windows ME was. Both are "buggy" releases for versions that were not completed in time. Unless you want a brutal headache, stay away. I downgraded my Vista laptop to XP, as well as my home PC (Ubuntu LINUX on that one)

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

However if you really do what to create a headache for yourself you should be able to get it from Tucom on South Pattaya Rd past the Wat.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

add my don't do it as well, vista is a pain.Go to any gamers forum and they will tell you the same.

Hi,

You can fin it in Tuckom, 4th floor. But I agree with the other post, better to stay with XP.

Cheers

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)

I happily second (or seventh in this case) the suggestion to stay with Win XP. Only recently built a new gaming rig (Q6600/3870X2 platform), and I have had issue after issue with Windows Vista - driver issues , compatibility issues and general BSODs of unknown origin... the whole works! I have since moved to a much more minimalist install of WinXP SP2 and have been very happy with stability and performance. From what I understand SP3 has recently been released, and may be worth checking out.... As for the future - it seems Microsoft are furiously working on Windows 7 - lets hope they get it right! (Have included a few links for those who are interested:

1. Windows XP3

http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=1705

2. Windows 7 features & possible release info

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/04/windows...ays-bill-gates/

D

I really don't know what you people are talking about.Vista is heaps better than XP the only problem with you guys is your computers are outdated without enough ram to run Vista in the first place.I've been using Vista since it came out without any problems.

I really don't know what you people are talking about.Vista is heaps better than XP the only problem with you guys is your computers are outdated without enough ram to run Vista in the first place.I've been using Vista since it came out without any problems.

I bought my machine last month and it has more than enough grunt to run Vista.

I would say that you really do need an absolute minimum of 1Gb of RAM to run Vista - the monitor on my PC is comes perilously close to that even at idle. I installed 3GB and did away with the pagefile altogether, memory is so cheap now.

Be scene and not herd.

• 3 months later...

I wish i had read this to further enforce what i already knew.

Vista is a nightmare, purchased new PC Wednesday the sales guy talked me into vista , set the PC up over the weekened and am taking it back tommorow to have Vista unistalled and XP installed.

My new PC is pretty good , 4gig of ram so it runs ok however its Vista is a F*cking nightmare, nothing works on it.

Edited by nus01

• 4 months later...

ubuntu linux blows windows out of the water IMO, heres why i love it

-100% free OS

-free updates

-boots way quicker than windows

-no need for anti virus

-all the software is free

-more secure than windows

-open source

-you can customise EVERYTHING

never in my life would i go near windows again

I suggest use Vista (with plenty of Ram) and then install the beta version of 7

Very stable and all the nice bits from Vista

Better to be daring and cool, than timid and uncool! Life's journey is not about arriving at your gravesite in a well preserved condition, but rather dropping into it in a long sideways skid, totally worn out, and shouting "Holy Shit...What a ride" - Indian Larry

im running a "copy" of vista called "vista ultimate black edition 2009"

easy hassle free install (no registration needed) complies with windows validation for any updates and happily runs with 1 gig of ram (all the ram hogging shit that runs in the background has been removed).

Edited by v8tfcorty

Vista is available in Tuk Com - 4th floor and others.

You should get the OEM version as its the cheapest. If you want to run 64 bit then make sure you go for the Vista "Ultimate" as it has the 64 bit OS included on the disk.

You also need to read the box to insure that SP2 (Service Pack 2) is included.

You may even find SP3, but thtas not essential SP2 solves most of the problems mentioned here.

Additionally you should make sure all of the cards in your PC or chips in your Lap top have Vista drivers. - if there less than 1 year old you will be OK. most issues were driver related.

The main reason to go for Vista over XP is that you SHOULD qualify for a good price on upgrade to Windows 7 in mid year - which is what Vista SHOULD have been if it was left to be developed with out delivery pressures. (Lots of "should" when dealing with MS)

Make sure the box is un opened and has the Microsoft hologram. Also if your not totally tight on price ask fora FULL VAT receipt that shows in English Vista as the purchase. If there selling bogus version they wont issue a VAT receipt - they will tell you they will give you temporary receipt and their head office will send it out (sure Elvis).

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.