IGNORED

Easy resizing of photos

It is important that large images be reduced in size before being posted. Large images can take a long time to download and this tends to upset people.

I have come across a very easy way of resizing photos. It can even bulk resize photos.

1. Download the file and place it on your desktop.

2. Select the files(s) that you want to resize and drag them onto the program icon.

3. The program will resize the photo(s) and let you know when it is done. You can then close the window.

4. The resized photos will be located in the directory were the originals are, The resized photos will be named the same as the original with '-800' after.

In the current format the files will be reduced so that the largest dimension is 800 pixels. I think this is a good size to post on forums. However if you would like a different size change the number on the program from 800 to the number of pixels that you want the largest dimension to be.

• Like 1

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

This is the one I use and the best part is it's free

Photo Gadget

Right click on the photo select what size you want click OK and its done couldn't be easier or quicker and you don't lose the original.

Al.

• 4 weeks later...
This is the one I use and the best part is it's free

Photo Gadget

Right click on the photo select what size you want click OK and its done couldn't be easier or quicker and you don't lose the original.

Al.

Can't upload pics as too large, so just tried this photogadget, resized 'em to 800x600 and it's still saying they're too big. ANY IDEAS?

Or

Right click the picture

Open with..........................Paint

resizing is simple there

...or even easier is the method in the OP.. :Party1:

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

I use photoshop to resize my images. Problem I have at the mo is I would like to change the size of photos that I have originally posted. Is there a way to do this or do I have to delete the images and then make a new post with the new reduced sizes?

...or even easier is the method in the OP.. :GrinNod1:

It might be if it made sense........... I hadn't got a clue what you were on about.

• 1 month later...

How to use Paint. Pretty much any Windows OS has Paint a program found in Accessories. Open your picture in paint. There should be an option a the top near file/edit/view/image/help. Click on the option image and you should get an option to resize/scew. From there you can change the width or height of your image. After finishing adjusting your pic. Save your new file and your file should be smaller in size than the orignal. Free and simple.

Edited by mikhal

If u have photoshop u can "save them for web" so u get like 17-30kb and still great pics

• 2 weeks later...

Using ACDsee here. Love those batch tools, changing names, resizing, applying filters, converting the file format, etc. Imho, one of the best and easiest picture viewers. (No, I don't work for them, I just love that program)

I use Batch Photo Factory

With Batch Photo Factory, you can process your photos easily and

quickly. First, you should select the photos you want to process and

set one or all the process options you want. For instance, if you want

to add watermark to your photos, click the "Watermarks" tab to add a

text watermark or image watermark. Click the "Process Photos " button,

all of the photos you select will be merged with the watermark. If you

want to batch add frames or watermarks, convert,resize and rename your

photos, set their options, the photos will be processed according to

all the options you set.

Download it here!

Once you have installed this file you have to copy the patch/crack into where the program was installed normally C:\Program Files\Batch Photo Factory

Then let it overwrite the original and then its freeeeeeeeeee

• 3 months later...

Hey i usually use paint.

When i open my pics i get an option to open them in paint to edit them. Once opened in paint i just resave the pic as .jpg which compress the pic u have open. So i usually get from 2 mb ->500k Then you can resize it easily to fit your wanted size.

// Nirch

• 4 months later...
It is important that large images be reduced in size before being posted. Large images can take a long time to download and this tends to upset people.

Why is this not made a rule here?

Upset is one word to use, another is frustrate, as I for one with my slow ISP connection, often have to quit the page I'm trying to look at because it won't load due to some grossly oversized pic.

Scumbag goes on to say that 800 is the largest dimension size that should be posted, and I certainly agree. In fact, even down to 600 for the largest dimension still gives good quality.

I use Picasa 3. This gives good and easy editing and resizing (though only down), so I tend to use Nero Photosnap Viewer which also has good editing facilities, and will also resize up (if needed).

So please, guys, have a bit of consideration and downsize those pics for the benefit of all members, and I repeat my opening comment above:

Why is this not made a rule here?

Mon :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be more than happy to add some code so that images larger than 800px or so were resized automatically on upload. PM me if interested, I can list quite a few other (some big name) sites I've worked on if that would help.

TBH, that goes for anything php related, bung me a PM over if you need help with anything and if I can I will.

I heard Picasa is very good but I prefer ACDSee for batch processing even though sometimes it tends to fuck up the compression. I use it also for quick editing but for more serious work I always use Photoshop, although it is a very complex and fairly complicated program, still the choice of professionals and the best program around since the introduction of digital imaging. I also tend to use Paint for automatic compression and MO Picture Manager because it is easy for quick crop and web compression if there's no editing required because their editing features are less than basic.

Irfanview is pretty good, has a batch resize function where you can do all your photos at once.

If you want to edit them individually Paint.NET is a decent free app for windows.

or go to the microsoft site and download a photo resizer from the the just right click on photo and chose resize and chose size wam done

I know how to resize the pictures and upload them, but how do I get a space inbetween each picture, like the one where you can add text between, when I upload I just get a continuous stream of pics.

cheers

Gerry

I know how to resize the pictures and upload them, but how do I get a space inbetween each picture, like the one where you can add text between, when I upload I just get a continuous stream of pics.

cheers

Gerry

Here is a link to an expertly ( :GoldenSmile1: ) written post on this: How to insert uploaded photos within text

• 2 years later...