Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Review: Grand Sukhumvit by Sofitel

MintyCock

sent them an email and got this reply, sounds good, it was 5,000 rack rate on the website. it always pays to ask first !.

Dear Mr jim,

Warmest Greetings from Grand Sukhumvit hotel Bangkok Managed by Accor!

Thank you for your kind interest in Grand Sukhumvit hotel Managed by ACCOR! We are pleased to propose our room rates for your consideration as follows:

Accommodation:

- Silver Deluxe room (36 Sqm) : Equipped with the basic needs: THB 3000++ with complimentary upgrade to Platinum suite

- There is no charge for joiner fee

The above rates are quoted in Thai Baht, excluding 17.7% applicable government tax and service charge per room/suite per night, on room only basis (no meal included), and non-commissionable.

Please note that the above rates may not be available if your response is received by the hotel later than 48 hours from today’s date.

At this moment in time, no room has been booked for you; the reservation will be made as soon as we receive your response.

Upon your response, kindly advise your credit card details including expiry date and name of card holder in order to guarantee your reservation.

We look forward to hearing from you and to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us if we maybe of any assistance to you.

Best regards,

Thanisara Duangchandra (Ms.)

Assistant Reservation Manager

Grand Sukhumvit hotel Bangkok

Managed by Accor

99 Sukhumvit Road Soi 6

Klongtoey Bangkok Thailand 10110

Tel: 66 (2) - 207 9999

Fax: 66 (2) - 207 9555

Email: [email protected]

soi 6 bgk.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:43 AM

To: [email protected]

Subject: rates and joiners fee.

hi,

i have read some great reviews of your hotel.

can you please give me a daily rate of your platinum suites during august.

also do you charge a joiners fee to bring "friends" back to the room ?.

regards,

jamie cxxx.

Edited by slapman

• 3 weeks later...

Have stayed here 3 x's. Absolutely no complaints.

Top Notch, piano bar anything you could want is available.

Courteous valets and taxis out the wazoo waiting to pick you up outside/

Down the alley then veering left you are at the BJ Bar, and next door is Aviva massage, which I would not recomend.

Morning is buffet breakfast, which you should opt for, only trouble is: teaching japanese bastards their manners at the breakfast bar.

OTT, top notch and location. Well worth the upgrade.

Have fun Bros

Morning is buffet breakfast, which you should opt for, only trouble is: teaching japanese bastards their manners at the breakfast bar.

Have fun Bros

And of course....some Americans are renowned for their demure deameanour ???

Surely ALL Japanese persons aren't the same ?? How about a bit of respect for our Japanese BMs on the forum ??

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4pzs5JI-N0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4pzs5JI-N0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4pzs5JI-N0&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Have stayed here 3 x's. Absolutely no complaints.

Top Notch, piano bar anything you could want is available.

Courteous valets and taxis out the wazoo waiting to pick you up outside/

Down the alley then veering left you are at the BJ Bar, and next door is Aviva massage, which I would not recomend.

OTT, top notch and location. Well worth the upgrade.

Have fun Bros

Cymradnad,

Im a bit confused, you have given a positive review of the Grand Sukhumvit on this thread, but then on another post on another thread about the same hotel, you are saying you have never stayed there ??

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/index.php?/topic/43497-grand-sukhumvit-or-dream-hotel/page__view__findpost__p__678678

Hey, Im not pissing on your strawberries, Im just a little confused.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried this hotel in last April, probably their first days ran by Accor group. The booking was made through Agoda(Deluxe Room for 29xx baht per night). Upon arrival I was granted the Diamond Suite. The room was well decorated and spacious, with kitchenette and living room, separate bedroom and large bathroom with shower and bathtub. Maid service kept the room very clean, and would always make my room at any time of the day upon request. Room service was 24/7 and had some good food although overpriced. Didn't get to try the breakfast though. I never wake up that early in Thailand...

They also had a gym with new gear, that I visited quite a few times, and a beautifully decorated swimming pool. The pool though, could be a little larger. I didn't get to try the hotel's spa, as it seemed to be overpriced as well(many great spas in Bangkok for a a fraction of the price). Overall, the facilities certainly qualify as 5 star.

I never got asked to pay a joiner fee. Neither did I feel like getting the "stink eye" :GoldenSmile1:. They only asked for the girl's ID, and always called me to make sure everything was alright if the girl left without me.\

The only real minus for me, was the fact that they charge an extra 500 baht(!!) per day for internet in room. Considering that, I would think twice before staying there again.

Overall it was a great experience, and the hotel is in a great location, close to Nana Plaza and BTS Nana Station. If you don't mind the relatively high price and the extra charge for internet, it is a solid monger's choice for accommodation in Bangkok!

He who loses a limb lives on. He who loses his head does not.

• 6 months later...

Im almost in BKK again, and have been looking at Admiral premier (3 nights about 7000 Baht), but many website have specials on this place for about 7500 - 8000 baht for the 3 nights.

So I think for the extra 500 - 1000 baht there is no choice really

I booked the Grand Suk for Songkran again this year, during the 3-day Accor sale. Rates were slightly higher than

last year, about 1700. Stayed there 6-7 times last year, and only once didn't receive a free upgrade. Fine hotel, I think it's well worth 3000.

Retired

I booked the Grand Suk for Songkran again this year, during the 3-day Accor sale. Rates were slightly higher than

last year, about 1700. Stayed there 6-7 times last year, and only once didn't receive a free upgrade. Fine hotel, I think it's well worth 3000.

I booked for after Songkran, on the same sale, I hope it goes well and no joiners fee

No joiner fees kdogg, and great rooms in the newer wing in back.

Retired

No question about the good quality of the hotel. But I will never stay there again. The reason, despite being joiner friendly (unless during my stay 1 year ago) I personally didn't feel comfortable taking the girls with so many staff in the lobby. On the other hand, girls who come to you room might think you have a lot of money or something and expect a big tip when is not that expensive when great offers are on in accord Asia

Edited by mondero

No joiner fees kdogg, and great rooms in the newer wing in back.

good to know, i stayed at the Grand Mecure Asoke residence last and wanted to try this one, no joiner fees at the other either.GoldenSmile1.gif

good to know, i stayed at the Grand Mecure Asoke residence last and wanted to try this one, no joiner fees at the other either.GoldenSmile1.gif

I think the Soi 6 location is better too, now if they only had a restaurant like Le Beaulieu...

Retired

• 2 weeks later...

Im almost in BKK again, and have been looking at Admiral premier (3 nights about 7000 Baht), but many website have specials on this place for about 7500 - 8000 baht for the 3 nights.

So I think for the extra 500 - 1000 baht there is no choice really

Just booked a special rate that was on ratestogo.com

3 nights for 7000 Baht.

Very happy...

Saving 600 baht from what i was going to pay for Admiral Premier

10 days to go..

:Flying: