IGNORED

Hong Kong hotel recommendation

wetwillie

Looking at doing a 5 day trip to Hong Kong in June. Prices I've seen are all over the place. Ranging from $40 for Hostels to $600+ for 5* hotel.<br /><br />I was going to try to keep to a $150 a night budget but everything in that range doesn't seem to get very good reviews.<br /><br />I'm not real picky about area but would prefer something in Tsim Sha Tsui district. <br /><br />Any recommendations would be appreciated<br />

I was just in Hong Kong on Business for two days, stayed at the Rosedale Hotel in Kowloon.

The hotel has fair reviews, the breakfast was ok. Rooms are small but clean, free wifi.

Service was great IMO, staff was very attentive. It has a free shuttle bus that you can use to get to various stations and drop off points.

I arrived late at night, took the airport express train from the airport to Kowloon Station (about 25 minutes and 90 HK$) and then taxi from Kowloon station to the hotel (50 HK$)

Not sure if it's in the area you want to be in as it was only my second time in Hong Kong, never have very much time for doing too many private/personal things while on a Business trip. My hosts took me to The Peak after our meeting the next morning. Was windy and cool but well worth it.

rupetame.jpg

Picture I took from the 30th floor of the hotels Skybar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay in Chungking Mansions or Mirador Mansions on Kowloon, then you have whores literaly on your doorstep!

All rooms in HK are small, even the five star hotel unless you get a suite which gonna cost you $500+.... best to stay in Hong Kong island, better rates... you paying extra to stay in Tsim Sha Shui because that's all tourist area, besides its very easy to get around in HK with the MTR (trains)... you can go to Shenzhen, China, but it will be at less an hour commute to heart of HKG

5555 While I do plan to sneak in a few ST's at the walk-ups or massage joints, that isn't the primary focus of this trip.<br /><br />

All rooms in HK are small, even the five star hotel unless you get a suite which gonna cost you $500+.... best to stay in Hong Kong island, better rates... you paying extra to stay in Tsim Sha Shui because that's all tourist area, besides its very easy to get around in HK with the MTR (trains)... you can go to Shenzhen, China, but it will be at less an hour commute to heart of HKG

<br /><br />That is one of the reasons I was looking at TST. I thought about staying on the island but was a little worried about getting back late at night. I thought the trains stopped around midnight or 01:00.<br /><br />I came across a place called BP International that looks OK but very small like you said.<br />Anybody stayed there?

I stayed in Wan Chai last year in May.  Doing an expo at HKCEC.  I stayed at Wharney Guangdong which is right in the centre of the downtown bar and nightclub area.  5 minutes by tram to LKF bar area too.  I am there for one night 8 March, Novotel Century this time.

Definitely take the airport express train, car/bus takes ages.  Free minibuses from terminal station to most hotels.

I stayed in Wan Chai last year in May.  Doing an expo at HKCEC.  I stayed at Wharney Guangdong which is right in the centre of the downtown bar and nightclub area.  5 minutes by tram to LKF bar area too.  I am there for one night 8 March, Novotel Century this time.

Definitely take the airport express train, car/bus takes ages.  Free minibuses from terminal station to most hotels.

I can second the Wharney Guangdong. I always stay there if the company when I am on my own. Close to everything, walking distance to the MTR, nice rooms.

http://www.wharney.com/

And yes, definitely take the airport express train!

Stay in Chungking Mansions or Mirador Mansions on Kowloon, then you have whores literaly on your doorstep!

+1

Try Merryland Guest House.

One of the few places in budget accom at Mirador that offers a refrigerator.

If you want to stay on HK Island then JJ hotel.

More expensive for sure, but close to Central, Wan Chai and Maids Day out parks.

GF and I stayed in Apple Suites in Causeway Bay right in the middle of the shopping area and only a 10 minute walk from times square.

Super clean, friendly staff air con, tv, fridge, tea making and microwave. it was $84 a night. They have a website

I remember I paid very little and stayed in a place in a place called Chung King mansions...don't recommend it unless you are on a very tight budget and like adventure...I enjoyed it...lots of female PRC over-stayers there. Some people find the sight of roaches disgusting though!

This version of me will not stay the same, tomorrow I will be different.

Hey guys my company, Delta Airline starts service to HKG and Seoul from Seattle in June. Any thoughts on P4P there, from what I having been able to discover HKG can be expensive. Anyone been to either recently and if so can you tell me what to expect? I've found a few posts and trip reports here, but as they say knowledge is king!!

I just want more info before I plan to go. I have done a couple of trips to the DR and Costa Rica in between my Patts trip, and although I had a decent time, I found myself thinking I should have went to Patts instead. Thx and I appreciate any feedback..

Hong Kong is just flat out expensive and the girls are not into it at all man..even though the country is absolutely a blast p4p is pretty weak

Korea is all about where you want to go and what age groups you are looking for. If you are a foreigner (not Korean) than you are pretty limited in what you get. The price is also pretty expensive compared to Patts.

massage 1shot 80 bucks

Anma (more open to foreigners) (google yeoksam anma-my favorite anma is there called 37 degrees - because its on the 37th parallel) 1 shot is 200-250 2 shot is 220-280 all descends on which one you go to

Officetel - this is the prime place to go to...unfortunately as a foreigner you are just going to be flat out unless you can speak korean fluently...im considered a gyopo(Korean born raised in the state) and my korean is not up to par where some of the don't even accept me

There are plenty of stuff in korea since i live here i can answer anything that you have (for free delta flights of course  :GoldenSmile1:  JK)

Hope you get to experience the land of the calm

First Trip: Pattaya April 6-20th 2013
Second Trip: Bangkok November 21-26th 2013
Third Trip: Pattaya May 3-7th 2014
Fourth Trip: Bangkok November 26-30 2014

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I'm just back from a week in Tokyo via Hong Kong on Saturday night.

One night is too short.  Plane delayed by an hour or so and out at 8am in the morning makes it tight.

Nevertheless, I stayed at Novotel Century in Central/Wan Chai.  Good hotel but not as good a location as Wharney Guang Dong or others near it.  That is Wan Chai bar central.

Out for a quick business dinner then crashed for a few hours. Called in at Neptunes 3 at 1030pm. Mostly fairly average looking Filipinas.  Called in afterwards at New Makati Disco which seemed ok. Cute Filipina pocket rocket latches onto me and we had a good night before retiring to room.  Nice session, she would have stayed LT but I told her to head back to the club, gave her 500, she wanted 1000hkd but I didn't think it was that special.  Fair price for a fun evening...  She was a little disappointed but it felt reasonable for me (~2000Baht equivalent for ST)

Im not into the streetwalker scene really. Prefer a good club music vibe first....works for me nearly always.

• 1 month later...

<br /><br />That is one of the reasons I was looking at TST. I thought about staying on the island but was a little worried about getting back late at night. I thought the trains stopped around midnight or 01:00.<br /><br />I came across a place called BP International that looks OK but very small like you said.<br />Anybody stayed there?

Actually stay there one time, small room.  Place is behind a police station, not much around.  Think you get off at "Jordan Station".  Stay in "L hotel" on Hong Kong island on station "Hua Hin" one time (MTR is right in front of the hotel, therefore cannot get lost), but could be expensive... lots of small restaurant around if you venture out

• 4 weeks later...

I stayed in Dorsett Kwun Tong. Very nice and new hotel, friendly staff and reasonable breakfast. The area is loaded with small restaurants and a few pubs. The Kwun Tong station is just a few blocks away, very convenient.

• 2 weeks later...

Like others on here I can recommend the Wharney Guang Dong,right in the middle of the bars & clubs of Wan Chai.Ventured out on a Sunday to the Queen Vic? pub.Full of Filipinos hanging upside down off the pole in the bar.Took me about 5 mins to find a maid/hooker to have some fun with.She was bloody cock crazy.Are all Filipinos like that? I have no idea.Decent room for Hong Kong too at the price.Easy to get about in HK,so I won't stay in Tsim Sha Shui again,will get the airport express straight to Wan Chai.

• 2 weeks later...

I've set up a corporate rate at Wharney Guang Dong hehe.  A seamlessly fun location.  If doing an expo week, arrive Saturday sleep arvo party all night and Sunday work the week and do it again before heading home....and yes Phillipino maids like a good fuck or three.

+1

Try Merryland Guest House.

One of the few places in budget accom at Mirador that offers a refrigerator.

If you want to stay on HK Island then JJ hotel.

More expensive for sure, but close to Central, Wan Chai and Maids Day out parks.

Now here's one , Sinbad.

Just to prove to you that I don't Troll you.

I do, however, vet. you.

See if you can spot this one.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...

2 months ago i stayed in "Bauhinia hotel" in Tsim Sha Tsui Area. I wanted to stay in this area, and for this area the price performence ratio was good! I've checked many hotels in this area.

https://www.tripadvisor.de/Hotel_Review-g294217-d1901458-Reviews-The_Bauhinia_Hotel_Tsim_Sha_Tsui-Hong_Kong.html

The staff was friendly, the rooms clean, the size for a HK hotel really ok, and the room maids reliable. It's a non smoker hotel, if you want to smoke, you have to go outside and there is no restaurant/breakfast inside the hotel

Archived