IGNORED

Sim Data Only?

manchero

Hello,

Can anyone recommend a Data only Sim. I think about 2gb should be enough

I plan on using apps for voice calls/messaging and emails. so don't need minutes or texts.

Im using an unlocked 4s.

Regards

DTAC (happy) & AIS (12 call) have many programs. all can be purchased at most 7 -11's

I normally use a Dtac Happy SIM card. It comes with a pre-paid phone number. I hardly ever used it to make calls though, only for data. Check out the packages here:

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/products/Happy-internet-package.html

I had good connectivity almost everywhere, even in a rather remote Isaan village.

You can topup your phone number at any 7/11 and the dial the activation short cut on that website to activate your data plan. Super easy.

What do you want to spend?

I use AIS 3G (AIS's use of the term "3G" is a bit optimistic though!), and whilst in limbo (i.e. I don't know when I can be bothered to fly back home!) I just pay 69 Baht a week for unlimited internet at 384kbps. Even typing this on the laptop now, using the Android WiFi hotspot feature on the phone!

AIS does a 30 day/2Gb/free AIS&3BB WiFi package for 550 Baht, about a "tenner", plus numerous others just like DTAC.

I've always found AIS to be far more generous with its SIM validity period too, having had my DTAC SIM expire at least 3 times over the years when I've been away longer than expected. As I've had my numbers for 13 years now, it's annoying when DTAC cut me off... so much so that I've not bothered to renew it again, and moved my friends over to the other number. There's nothing between the coverage of the major carriers now, so I see no point in carrying both anymore.

Moo Yai.

I was using True 3G over Christmas and January in Pattaya and Bangkok and it was crap...I won't be using them again

Hi, would be happy to spend about a tenner, to cover 8 days

AIS 30 day/2Gb/free AIS&3BB WiFi package for 550 Baht, is possibly my best option.

Regards

• 6 months later...

What do you want to spend?

I use AIS 3G (AIS's use of the term "3G" is a bit optimistic though!), and whilst in limbo (i.e. I don't know when I can be bothered to fly back home!) I just pay 69 Baht a week for unlimited internet at 384kbps. Even typing this on the laptop now, using the Android WiFi hotspot feature on the phone!

AIS does a 30 day/2Gb/free AIS&3BB WiFi package for 550 Baht, about a "tenner", plus numerous others just like DTAC.

I've always found AIS to be far more generous with its SIM validity period too, having had my DTAC SIM expire at least 3 times over the years when I've been away longer than expected. As I've had my numbers for 13 years now, it's annoying when DTAC cut me off... so much so that I've not bothered to renew it again, and moved my friends over to the other number. There's nothing between the coverage of the major carriers now, so I see no point in carrying both anymore.

Moo Yai.

hi mAte.. I heard many people say ais is the best where coming bout the speed. Is it true? I will be in Thailand for 1week. But my concern is the speed and the data plan... Any advise?

Ive been lookin online and AIS also now has a traveller SIM package.

299 baht gets you 7 days unlimited Data with 1.5gb of High Speed (Im assuming 3G)

100 baht of calls/text - Calls start from 1 baht a min and sms are 3 baht.

http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/visiting/sim-for-traveller-en.aspx

If you have calls/text credit you can keep in contact with fellow mongerers to know where the party is at ;)

Winner Best Adult Web Developer at the Australian Adult Industry Awards 2022 and 2023

hi mAte.. I heard many people say ais is the best where coming bout the speed. Is it true? I will be in Thailand for 1week. But my concern is the speed and the data plan... Any advise?

i have had ais for long time very happy with speed and service

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

i have had ais for long time very happy with speed and service

Glad to heard that mate. Any recommendation where I can buy the sim or the package?

Any 7-11 or tuk com they all sell them cheap as well

Sent from my GT-I9200 using Tapatalk

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

If you have calls/text credit you can keep in contact with fellow mongerers to know where the party is at ;)

And you can SMS over a BG at any moment.  Even if you don't BF the girl you meet, but like her, get her phone number, then SMS her later to come meet you in the daytime.

Archived